NEWS The current state of the emulator: I have ran mario 64 against my build, with the standard mupen 64 builds of the hle rsp plugin, the sdl audio and control plugins, and Kris's opengles build of Rice. It did emulate Mario 64, I heard all the opening sounds. Video on the other hand will need some work, I managed to get the plugin to call a sdl window, but it is black. On the cli, it reports that it is unable to link, and that the shaders has failed, It is really emulating at least the geometry and textures at the least, because from what I hear, as the mario head in the intro is taxing the system when the plugin is in place. (There is no tax while using dummy video.) I am, very soon, going to publish the sources and make files I made, and I'll try to encourage the higher and mightier devs if they can give some optimization. Currently, I am off to my second marathon. I am not throwing the towel on this project. 12/04 Two days late, I am releasing this pnd executable for a sanity check. It only contains the core and the CLI UI. I have scripted it to launcher similar to the cdevtools.pnd. First see if it will run (it should automatically), then try a rom with "./mupen64plus /path/to/rom/here". Please give me the terminal dump and the out dump. Thanks! Update : I screw up the pnd and I decided not to bother with it, inside is the cli ui and the mupen core, extract the folder, navigate to it in terminal and run "./mupen64plus" Download 10/04 Unfortunately, the command line Ui port did not go as planned today. It is failing at the assembler level with the compare_core feature, which has inline x86 assembly in it. I'll play surgeon for now and remove this feature temporarily. And lastly for tonight, I would also like to thank everyone for their willingness to give me support. 09/04 I am joyful to say that I passed the core completely through the compiler. The core is built with Ari64's Dynamrc, of course. Thanks Sebt for publishing your sources, they were very helpful. Tomorrow, I will build the console ui and add it and the core into a pnd to see if the core is sane. For anyone is concerned with the upstream, I have implemented the changes as macros to limit certain, conflicting sections and my additions (both using #if defined, etc) to make the code more modular between platforms, and the ability to build the core with ari's dynamrc, or the original on x86. Importantly changed was the exclusion of certain OSD functions (Split with the WITH_OSD macro, created because it calls Opengl proper), functions for the implementation of Ari's Dynamrc (togglable with the ARI macro), and separation of x86 only functions (With the inverse of the__arm__ marcro). Addition comments marked with //STR throughout the source. Which will be released eventually, as a compress folder and as a patch file for the upstream source. TL;DR : You can build my Muphen64plus 2.0 source on x86, x86_64, and ARM with Ari's Dynamrc enabled. My future plans for the core is to eventually write alternate, more platform-independent code alongside the opengl code to draw the elements provided by osd. (screenshots, emulator text, etc.) Good night. --- This started as an experimental attempt to see if I could port Rice's Video Plugin to the current, usable builds of mupen64plus without a Pandora at the moment. I began this work to adapt some progress made in the mupen64plus emulator currently on android. My objective at the moment is to get it working. Due to inherent incompatibilities between the current mupen released for pandora and my plugin, I am extending the scope of this project. I am planning to release a version of the whole emulator to go side by side with the one currently on the repo. These are my current goals. Port the newer Mupen core with Ari's dynamic re-compiler Build included plugins. Build gles2n64, gles2rice. Hopefully acquire the sources for the custom control plugin and notaz audio plugin, rewrite them for the new API.