(N64 Emu) Mupen64plus 2.0

If you really want to be productive I'd suggest you to try reading the v2.0 API documentation for Mupen64plus.

Repositories for the project:

- https://bitbucket.org/richard42/ (the main repository containing the Mupen64plus project and the Rice video plugin).

- https://bitbucket.org/wahrhaft (repository containing Glide64, Glide Napalm, Arachnoid and Z64 video plugins).

- https://bitbucket.or...4plus/wiki/Home (contains a Mupen64Plus 2.0 GUI frontend written using wxWidgets)

I'd suggest to send any of your changes upstream to stop fragmentation of this project. From my understanding, some of the plugins like Glide Napalm are being rewritten to remove x86 assembly. The wxWidgets frontend will work if a recent version of wxWidgets is available for the Pandora. The biggest issue will be the lack of support of OpenGL ES 2.0 in the video plugins. It's not going to be as simple as rounding up a few Android ports and expecting them to work with ease on a Linux system like the one that is running on the Pandora. Hopefully Ari64's dynarec will be included in the main repository eventually (it also supports x86 and x86_64 - not just ARM).

Last edited by a moderator:
Surkow, I know I can't just slap the andriod port on the pandora. I am now currently working off of the main muphen repo. I will be more then happy to send my changes upstream.

I see how much work Stan you had put into it, And I appreciate it a lot.

Once you finish this, expect a bit donation... As my gratitude. :)

This might be the time that I can finally enjoy some robotron 64.

If you need help with the upgrade to the Mupen64Plus 2.0 API or plugging in Kris' port of Rice, let me know. I actually intended to update this project myself when I get my Pandora (still on the waiting list, but since production is continuing, hopefully soon!) I can't do any actual testing, but I do have experience plugging Ari64's code into 1.99.4.

The WebOS port has dependencies on SDL and OpenGL ES 2.0 thats about it, (Rice needs libpng and zlib for highres textures). There is maybe one WebOS specific call PDL_Init.

The menu in the WebOS version is probably not much use to you, it uses opengl to list the the game name or boxart and allows switching gfx plugin not much else. Similarly for the input plugin, although you may want to look at how it uses the gfx plugins render callback to overlay controls and text. You may need to fiddle with how the gl context is created but other than that I would expect only the menu and input would need pandora specific work. I'm not familiar with notaz's sound plugin does it support MusyX? I just use the normal SDL sound plugin.

You can build my Muphen64plus 2.0 source on x86, x86_64, and ARM with Ari's Dynamrc enabled.
Do you use Ari's Dynarec for x86 or the original mupen64plus dynarec?

Hope you get it up and running soon, if you have any queries let me know.

I have always used the original for x86, I'll write up another makefile right quick and see how it goes. I never tested Ari on x86 before, but I am almost positive it will work, as ari has parallel assembly samples for x86 .

@ Kris, my build with ari dynarec is working and sane for x86_64.

Main post updated.

Thanks, I was curious as I wanted to test Zelda MM with Ari's dynarec on x86 as there seem to be problems with the arm version. I think it was a bit trickier getting it working on windows but I will have another look as getting that game to work has been a long standing problem.

Well, it's the CLI UI, i guess it's not supposed to showing up somewhere. You need to use the console as the first post says.

Ok, there is a mistake with my pnd creation, you should be seeing an item to select it. Regardless, I replaced the download with a non pnd version that you can launch from the console.

Download

Just download this one, extract (preferably to an sd card), and use the terminal to navigate to and run ./mupen64plus

Back