Mupen64Plus

Am I the only one where the new mupen messes around onto the NAND? It generates appdata directories on NAND and onto the SD card. This way, old savegames do not load because Mupen searches for it onto the NAND. Some config Files are taken from SD so it is confusing. I also can't switch Plugins or adjust any other setting. Editing the cfg files directly however works.
How can I fix this issue? I want Mupen Appdata only onto the SD, there where it worked all the time with the old versions of this Emulator.

sebt3 said:
DaMummy said:
ari take ownership of mupen on repo and put up a donate link
+1 (but I know you wont do this).
I'm not maintainer on repo because I have no way to test the PND. Craig still hasn't sent me the Pandora I ordered over 2 years ago.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ari64 said:
sebt3 said:
DaMummy said:
I'm not maintainer on repo because I have no way to test the PND. Craig still hasn't sent me the Pandora I ordered over 2 years ago.
YOU don't have a pandora yet? :blink: I thought the devs get their devices earlier, at least we have a DEV-FUND for such issues I thought. ^^"" Craig really should have an eye on this, I've seen many devs around here that are waiting for their Pandora or have their Device sent in to repair and waiting for weeks. Should be improved somehow, Devs like you are important for the Pandora and I find it impressive how you and other people are coding "blind" for the Pandora. :)

Ari64 said:
I know, yet if someone download the PND and is happy with it, he will use _my_ donate button, which wouldnt be fair as my involvment here is rather limited.
you could be marked as the official maintainer (thuss getting the money) while other upload it for real ;)

anyway, I'll forward the cash if I get some for you

Ari64 said:
sebt3 said:
DaMummy said:

I don't know the back story there, but you should clearly have a Pandora! That's actually the whole reason I paid money into the dev fund, so it would benefit developers like you.

I'd definitely help donate to upgrade your order to premium, if anyone else is willing to join with me (wouldn't take many people); although I know Craig's maybe running low now because of the wifi issue. Considering sebt3's suggestion would be a good idea too. It's up to you :)

Thanks again!

wally said:
Goldeneye is now VERY playable :D
I just benchmarked it, and the r4300 emulation for this game is only 1% faster than the previous version. Maybe you are referring to the auto-frameskip?

The 1% improvement is attributable to fixing the register cache and liveness analysis.

Ari64 said:

Hi ari, i think i may still have a devel board around (white case not fixed, power supply soldered to the board, maybe some button missing i have to look, but its working).
I'll be happy to send it to you, just send me a pm if you want so :)

Dead1nside said:
I don't know the back story there, but you should clearly have a Pandora! That's actually the whole reason I paid money into the dev fund, so it would benefit developers like you.

I'd definitely help donate to upgrade your order to premium, if anyone else is willing to join with me (wouldn't take many people); although I know Craig's maybe running low now because of the wifi issue. Considering sebt3's suggestion would be a good idea too. It's up to you :)
Thanks for the offer, but I doubt it'd make much difference at this point since Craig is out of boards.

Cpasjuste said:
Hi ari, i think i may still have a devel board around (white case not fixed, power supply soldered to the board, maybe some button missing i have to look, but its working).
I'll be happy to send it to you, just send me a pm if you want so :)
In addition to my pre-order, I bought a Pandora from another forum member, but the LCD cable was going bad and it soon became unusable. So that one went back for repair. Unfortunately the RMA queue is long.

Ari64 said:
In addition to my pre-order, I bought a Pandora from another forum member, but the LCD cable was going bad and it soon became unusable. So that one went back for repair. Unfortunately the RMA queue is long.
To make it even worse, alot of Craigs broken Pandoras are at ED for fixing stuff like the cables. And ED has even less time than Craig, the Dragon already works 25hrs a day, at least so it feels for me. :(
I really wonder what actualy is the Dev Fund for and what actualy does this money at the moment, if it still exists of course... <_<

fusion_power said:
I really wonder what actualy is the Dev Fund for and what actualy does this money at the moment, if it still exists of course... <_<

I've asked about what the dev fund is being used for, and tried to stimulate some discussion on that point before, but it went unanswered. I get that building Pandora is really the aim, and will probably do the most to making people happy, but without devs there's no software.

Like I said, despite Craig running dry of Pandora, if anyone else wants to group up with me to donate to bump Ari64's Pandora up to a premium, get in touch. I think I'd rather donate directly from now on.

ive already told, blueprotoman of all people, that i'd match his donation to get ari a pandora, i may transfer that deal towards you

Ari64 said:
wally said:
Goldeneye is now VERY playable :D
I just benchmarked it, and the r4300 emulation for this game is only 1% faster than the previous version. Maybe you are referring to the auto-frameskip?

The 1% improvement is attributable to fixing the register cache and liveness analysis.

Possibly the Auto Frameskip, but it seems to be making major changes in a lot of games

We really need someone to help out in a few countries to fix the LCD Cables and RMA stuff. :D

I asked ED to send me a display cable for myself to install.

Oh jeeze, Ari64 doesn't have a Pandora yet? I'll toss in a bit for the premium pandora too, when the option is available.

Hello, Dunno if anyone is interested but i've tested conkers bad fur day on the newest release.

surprisingly, all the multiplayer is actually playable and the frame rate isn't too bad. Heres the kicker; the graphics are totally garballed, so that you have to use the odd face that has decided to stay in it's respective location as reference and the radar to kill things. What seems to be happening, is that many of the planes are being streitched to some far off portion of the screen, or appear to be missing while some remain. As a result, there's a hall of mirrors effect where the walls have revealed the void. You can start a new game, and it seems pretty stable apart from the geometry making the game impossible to play.

Ari64, do you have a "Donate" button posted somewhere? I've received a lot of donations for my Android port of Mupen64Plus, which would never have existed without your code and debugging assistance. You deserve some of those donations for your amazing work.

Back