(N64 Emu) Mupen64plus 2.0

That's right but his last post here was on 31 of March.

I just want to keep this topic alive ;) and 1-2 lines form Stradian about the current status.

It's simply because N64 is one of the main features of my Pandora (as far as it works) and I was so happy to hear about someone going on working on Mupen 64.
You do know that there is an earlier version of MuPen that works well for most games by Ari64, right? It can be found on the Repo.

Banjo Tooie

Donkey Kong 64

Dark Rift

Paper Mario

Glover

Iggy's Reggin Balls

Mario Party

Kirby 64

Yoshi's Story

Super Smash Bros (only sound is laggy)

Some of them crash after staarting them,

some of them are unplaybale slow

some of them have other issues (Yoshis' Story for example starts and is full speed but you has issues when in level-select screen).

Some of those games (Iggy's Reckin' Balls in particular) are known for being unplayable on *any* emulator - even on powerful desktop machines - because of the wierd way in which they were coded.

Some of the other game are also playable in the previous version with some OC'ing, in which case the new version is not likely to provide any better performance at stock speeds.

On a side note: I love Yoshi's Story. IMO it's one of the best games on the N64, even though it's incredibly easy.

Last edited by a moderator:
Which version of Mupen do you mean.

I don't use the one of Jun 16, 2011 in the Repo (It's worse than the one I use)

Is it the 1.5.r20110615 version in the Archiv you are talking about?

The one I use is called "mupen64" when downloaded.

Unfortunately I don't know where I got it from (it has Pickle launcher).

No, I have the latest one from the repo. I don't have access to my pandora at the moment so i can't check the version.

Either way, on earlier emulators you can get Paper Mario working by following these instructions

Is it possible to have different versions of mupen.pnd at the same time on the device ?

If not, is it possible to repack a pnd ? So it should be possible to change the package name and it's corresponding folder.

Sorry for beeing OT.

Yes, but it will probably be difficult to tell which is which (because you don't get to choose the name of the program in the menu). Other than that, you could have as many versions as you can fit on your SD card.

No, I have the latest one from the repo. I don't have access to my pandora at the moment so i can't check the version.

Either way, on earlier emulators you can get Paper Mario working by following theseinstructions

The latest from the repo seems to have issues with Super Smash Bros.

It doesn't show the % on the bottom.

I've uploaded it for you.

mupen64.pnd

Attachments

• mupen64.pnd
    1.7 MB · Views: 208
Its on hold. I have to give priority to my school finals. It will resume after next week. I apologize for the lack of updates.

All attempts I have made for 1.99.5 were in vain. I am going to fallback on to 1.99.4, so much for trying to get on the bleeding edge. I apologize in advance to those who wanted the possibility of Pokemon Stadium. I am anticipating a beta test soon.

All attempts I have made for 1.99.5 were in vain. I am going to fallback on to 1.99.4, so much for trying to get on the bleeding edge. I apologize in advance to those who wanted the possibility of Pokemon Stadium. I am anticipating a beta test soon.

Thank you for the work that you're doing. I'm not sure if you've tested it but Pokemon Snap compatibility would be amazing. It plays at full speed in the current version of Mupen the controls work in menu but do nothing in game. Just wondering if it worked in this version. Thanks!

In Sabayon 32 bits, games run faster than Ubuntu 32 bits whith the same options.

If someone needs to perform some test on Ubuntu or Sabayon 32 bit or 64 bit Sabayon, to tell me.

I'm happy to help to improve the emulator on Linux.

Back