Mupen64Plus 2.0 Port Request [N64 Emulator]

Mostly.  But the GLES2 port of the glide plugin is only available in Paul's code.  Paul's code also includes a GLES2 port of the GLN64 plugin, not available in the upstream version of Mupen.

Well, I had everything compile. As sebt3 said, the gles2 code is here, but the makefile ignore it. I hacked to have a gles2 compile of Rice (previous segfault was some opengl extension that still wanted to initialised, even if there are not needed on GLES2, so put all them to "false"). But when I launch, everything initialise, it start, I have a completly garbled screen for a second, sound seems to be initialised to, and I get segfault...

Not sure if the Rice plugin is the problem or if it's something else...
 See the Android makefile, for the source files to include and flags to be set.  Also, in the SDL config file for pandora you'll need to change lines 121-122 from

Code:
#define SDL_VIDEO_RENDER_OGL_ES 1
#define SDL_VIDEO_OPENGL_ES 1
to
Code:
#define SDL_VIDEO_OPENGL_ES2 1
#define SDL_VIDEO_RENDER_OGL_ES 1
#define SDL_VIDEO_RENDER_OGL_ES2 1

Last edited by a moderator:
Weird refering to the repository as "Paul's Code" (an unintentional consequence of my website domain, I'm afraid).  I had very little to do personally with these video plugin ports (Kris did the bulk of the work porting Rice and Glide64mk2 to GLES2, and littleguy did an outstanding job synchronizing Rice with upstream).

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm as eager to see this happen as anyone.  If someone else succeeds in getting Mupen64Plus 2.0 running on the Open Pandora before I do, I'll "steal with pride" to work the project it into our repository, and post updates parallel to the Android Edition updates.  My vision is to start with a parallel repository for experimenting with how best to merge the Open Pandora and Android projects into a folder structure that mirrors Richard's, and then use that as a blueprint for the AE repository.  I really want this built into our repository to help keep our branch in line with upstream and avoid divergence over time (the Open Pandora being in a unique position to bridge the gap between the PC version and AE).

Well, I had everything compile. As sebt3 said, the gles2 code is here, but the makefile ignore it. I hacked to have a gles2 compile of Rice (previous segfault was some opengl extension that still wanted to initialised, even if there are not needed on GLES2, so put all them to "false"). But when I launch, everything initialise, it start, I have a completly garbled screen for a second, sound seems to be initialised to, and I get segfault...

Not sure if the Rice plugin is the problem or if it's something else...
Tried libGL for the sake of it?

any news on this? :) just curious :)
Not much, been doing other ports...
But reading again the thread, I've just realized I may have done something wrong in my compile... I have to diff again paulscode repo and littleguy77 message and check my code!
I look forward to your results.

Does anyone know if the port of Rice supports texture packs?

-God Ginrai

Back