Mupen64Plus

Although this thread has been quiet for a while, hopefully some people check it periodically that can answer a question :) Does the latest version of Mupen64Plus for Pandora still have the problem in Zelda Majora's Mask, where going through the forest portal near the beginning of the game causes the game to freeze? If so, is the cause for this known, or possible places to look for the solution? I'm trying to solve this in my Android port (if it hasn't been fixed in the Pandora port yet, I'll post the fix once I figure it out).

Can anyone point me to the source for mupen64 1b5 (the latest version on the repo)? I haven't been able to find any working links for the latest sourcecode.

sepp256 said:
Can anyone point me to the source for mupen64 1b5 (the latest version on the repo)? I haven't been able to find any working links for the latest sourcecode.

I've been having the same problem (specifically, 1.5.r20110615.1 which is, I think, the latest version). I can only find the source code package posted by Ari64 on 15 June 2011, which isn't the complete thing (it's missing gles2n64 for example). sepp256, I'm also looking for older archived versions to do comparisons - do you know any working links to older versions, or are all the links dead?

Last edited by a moderator:
PaulLamb said:
sepp256 said:

I've been having the same problem (I can only find the source code package posted by Ari64 on 15 June 2011, which isn't the complete thing -- it's missing gles2n64 for example). sepp256, I'm also looking for older archived versions to do comparisons - do you know any working links to pre-1b5 versions, or are all the links dead?

http://code.google.com/p/gles2n64/

Pickle said:
PaulLamb said:
sepp256 said:

I've been having the same problem (I can only find the source code package posted by Ari64 on 15 June 2011, which isn't the complete thing -- it's missing gles2n64 for example). sepp256, I'm also looking for older archived versions to do comparisons - do you know any working links to pre-1b5 versions, or are all the links dead?

http://code.google.com/p/gles2n64/

I have that link, but that only gets me the latest version of gles2n64, not the version of the code included in the latest (or earlier) versions of the built pandora releases. I'm looking for the sourcecode versions of released .pnd builds (such as 1b5+, 1b5, 1b3-fixed, 1b3, etc) so that I can do comparisons and find where problems that were discussed on the forums were addressed in the sourcecode. Is there a way to pull earlier versions from svn (I've only used git before), and if so, how do I associate which early version of gles2n64 went with which .pnd version?

its bad, but i dont remember Ari ever posted a link to source control it was always a source dump, he may have had a local control system, but who knows.

Pickle said:
its bad, but i dont remember Ari ever posted a link to source control it was always a source dump, he may have had a local control system, but who knows.

Ok, thanks. Gles2n64 is the only component missing from the sourcecode (such as 20110615, 20110128, 20101026, 20100929, 20100402, etc) that Ari64 posted, right? Can I assume that those 1b5, 1b3, etc. builds just dealt with changes to gles2n64, and that the core emulator was whatever the most recent version released by Ari64? If so, I can probably do a little analysis to figure out which versions of gles2n64 go with which versions of .pnd builds based on the dates, and reconstruct the projects by pairing that with whatever is the closest core version to those dates. The main thing I want this for is specific bugs that were talked about on the forums (such as Mario's red eye, the crash in Majora's Mask, and so on) I can take whatever project was being discussed and figure out where those problems were dealt with in the code (since I am experiencing some of these issues in my Android port and need a way to track down the cause and any fixes that were already developed in the Pandora port).

PaulLamb said:
Pickle said:

Ok, thanks. Gles2n64 is the only component missing from the sourcecode (such as 20110615, 20110128, 20101026, 20100929, 20100402, etc) that Ari64 posted, right? Can I assume that those 1b5, 1b3, etc. builds just dealt with changes to gles2n64, and that the core emulator was whatever the most recent version released by Ari64? If so, I can probably do a little analysis to figure out which versions of gles2n64 go with which versions of .pnd builds based on the dates, and reconstruct the projects by pairing that with whatever is the closest core version to those dates. The main thing I want this for is specific bugs that were talked about on the forums (such as Mario's red eye, the crash in Majora's Mask, and so on) I can take whatever project was being discussed and figure out where those problems were dealt with in the code (since I am experiencing some of these issues in my Android port and need a way to track down the cause and any fixes that were already developed in the Pandora port).

I think it would be really useful if this project has some sort of source control/build system with all of the pnd packaging pieces/plugin source included. Unfortunately, I don't have all of the source tarballs that Ari64 released. If I did, I think it would be interesting to recreate the history by importing each tarball into git, with all the plugin source as submodules. It would make it so much easier to track exactly what was released in each version- not to mention make it easier for others to people to build from source.

Back