Release LibreOffice for Pandora

Thanks for your hard work ptitSeb.

I'm just getting myself familiar with Base and it seems that Wizards for creating forms, tables etc. are not working. Also there is less data types available for tables than in 3.x version on Windows. Could this be because of alpha status of 4.1 version?

Thanks for your hard work ptitSeb.

I'm just getting myself familiar with Base and it seems that Wizards for creating forms, tables etc. are not working. Also there is less data types available for tables than in 3.x version on Windows. Could this be because of alpha status of 4.1 version?
I haven't tried Base a lot yet, but I will. About data types, I had to disabled some to get a compilation (postgres for example), so that may explains. I am recompiling with newer sources, so hopefully next build will be better.

The spelling thing somehow (just looking from the UI) seems like the red highlights are just not rendered (or the text is not checked), I mean atleast I found a menu with english dictionary listed, etc - so it is not a problem of missing word lists.
Try hitting F7.   When you tell it to check spelling it immediately comes up as 'No errors found'   no matter what you typed and no matter what language is selected.

- Neelix

Edit:  added quote for context

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow that is brilliant!  I think a full office suite with ppt capability was the only thing left for my work that I couldn't do on the Pandora (even then I could use Remina if I had no other choice!).

ptitSeb, your work on this and CodeBlocks is fantastic, thanks! :D

Once a Slackware-compatible pnd will be available, i'll include it in the next release, with your permission.

At last, a new working build of LibreOffice !!!

Build 03 fixed many things.

Graph and Spell-checking mainly (perhaps others things too).

Note that no dictionaries are bundled. You have to install them with the "extensions" mecanism. I kind of crash when adding a dictionnarie (and the extention is in a unknow state), but the dictionnaries are installed (probably a R/O file in the PND is preventing the status to be updated). I tried with French dictionnaries, and my LibreOffice (on both pandora I have for dev and tests) spell-check French now !

Also, the code base is more up-to-date than previous build, despite indicating "alpha" release, the source is of production quality.

Build 03

----------

• Fixed Graphs from not showing
  • Spell-checking works.
  • Others little fixes to packaging.
  • Added "fi" language for the GUI.

PS: I have done numerous build (at least 10, partial or full) of LibreOffice before finding that it was the embedded dictionaries that made it crash. So I just removed them. So by gentled with the extensions you add, there is probably a limit to what LibreOffice on the Pandora can handle...

Last edited by a moderator:
Oooh it works under Slack !!!

I'll ship it in my next release (with your aimable authorization).

Well, probably the pnd if the new pndlib file association works flawlessly.

Added new release on the repo. I hope I didn't break anything...

So, file associations. Not sure it work. For me, Sqeeze wants to open LibreOffice file, with the exeption of ".oxt", the OpenOffice Extentions (dictionary for example, are in this format).

That's odd because I didn't do anything to associate this file. If I right-click on file and associate, it works.

Here is the PXML part of file association, does it look right ?

<associations>

<association name="Open an Excel Document (xlsx)" filetype="application/vnd.openxmlformats-officedocument.spreadsheetml.sheet" />

<association name="Open an Excel Template (xltx)" filetype="application/vnd.openxmlformats-officedocument.spreadsheetml.template" />

<association name="Open a PowerPoint Template (potx)" filetype="application/vnd.openxmlformats-officedocument.presentationml.template" />

<association name="Open a PowerPoint Slidshow (ppsx)" filetype="application/vnd.openxmlformats-officedocument.presentationml.slideshow" />

<association name="Open a PowerPoint Document (pptx)" filetype="application/vnd.openxmlformats-officedocument.presentationml.presentation" />

<association name="Open a PowerPoint Slide (sldx)" filetype="application/vnd.openxmlformats-officedocument.presentationml.slide" />

<association name="Open a Word Document (docx)" filetype="application/vnd.openxmlformats-officedocument.wordprocessingml.document" />

<association name="Open a Word Template (dotx)" filetype="application/vnd.openxmlformats-officedocument.wordprocessingml.template" />

<association name="Open an Excel Macro (xlam)" filetype="application/vnd.ms-excel.addin.macroEnabled.12" />

<association name="Open an Excel Macro (xlsb)" filetype="application/vnd.ms-excel.sheet.binary.macroEnabled.12" />

<association name="Open a Word Document (doc, dot)" filetype="application/msword" />

<association name="Open an Excel Document (xls, xl?)" filetype="application/vnd.ms-excel" />

<association name="Open a PowerPoint Document (ppt, pps, ...)" filetype="application/vnd.ms-powerpoint" />

<association name="Open a Draw Chart" filetype="application/vnd.oasis.opendocument.chart" />

<association name="Open a Draw Chart Tempate" filetype="application/vnd.oasis.opendocument.chart-template" />

<association name="Open a Math Formula" filetype="application/vnd.oasis.opendocument.formula" />

<association name="Open a Math Formula Tempate" filetype="application/vnd.oasis.opendocument.formula-template" />

<association name="Open a Draw Graphic" filetype="application/vnd.oasis.opendocument.graphics" />

<association name="Open a Draw Graphic Tempate" filetype="application/vnd.oasis.opendocument.graphics-template" />

<association name="Open a Draw Image" filetype="application/vnd.oasis.opendocument.image" />

<association name="Open a Draw Image Tempate" filetype="application/vnd.oasis.opendocument.image-template" />

<association name="Open an Impress Presentation" filetype="application/vnd.oasis.opendocument.presentation" />

<association name="Open an Impress Presentation Tempate" filetype="application/vnd.oasis.opendocument.presentation-template" />

<association name="Open a Calc Spreadsheet" filetype="application/vnd.oasis.opendocument.spreadsheet" />

<association name="Open a Calc Spreadsheet Tempate" filetype="application/vnd.oasis.opendocument.spreadsheet-template" />

<association name="Open a Writer Text Document" filetype="application/vnd.oasis.opendocument.text" />

<association name="Open a Writer Text Document Master" filetype="application/vnd.oasis.opendocument.text-master" />

<association name="Open a Writer Text Document Tempate" filetype="application/vnd.oasis.opendocument.text-template" />

<association name="Open a Writer Html Document" filetype="application/vnd.oasis.opendocument.text-web" />

</associations>

and this is just before the

</application>
</PXML>

markers.

Build 04
----------

• Added file associations.
  • Improved (or not?) splash bitmap. At least progress bar is shown.

Back