Release LibreOffice for Pandora

any idea where else the JRE folder might be? my .../appdata/java directory is empty. The installer says it is installed though.

Ptiyseb, i dont think you can do anything about that, but attaching videos in impress makes LO crash.
Maybe it's "just" some hidden dependancies, some lib loaded at runtime with a dlopen() that I missed during my gathering of libs.

What's in the pndrun_libreoffice.out ?

any idea where else the JRE folder might be? my .../appdata/java directory is empty. The installer says it is installed though.
Not sure. I think I had this version when installing an old version of the java PND (one of the 2 options, but don't remember which one).

Ptiyseb, i dont think you can do anything about that, but attaching videos in impress makes LO crash.
When I want to attach Video or Music in Impress on my Desktop installed LO, then I only get a black square with nothing inside.

This doesn't work properly for me.

Thank you for porting the new version. Seems to be a lot faster than the previous one.

@ekianjo: Pushing the envelope :) ?

Java is not required for any of the basic functions in OOo.

Source: https://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/Java_and_OpenOffice.org

OpenOffice.org Functionality depending on Java

OpenOffice.org Base
  • Create Form Wizard
OpenOffice.org Writer
  • Letter Wizard
  • Fax Wizard
  • Agenda Wizard
  • HTML Wizard
  • SaveAs -> AportisDoc (Palm)
  • SaveAs -> DocBook
  • SaveAs -> Pocket Word (*.psw)
OpenOffice.org Calc
  • SaveAs -> Pocket Excel
I dont use any of that... maybe docbook... but Im pretty sure they would not let me use the OP for work related data....

The scale down ability is nice.

Is it also possible for everything else than only for fonts.

In impress I'd like to have the slide overview and some bars smaller as well.

Didn't try with Writer but I'm sure it'll be very helpful there.

Next week when I have my DislayLink adapter available I'll try if it still crashes when going into presentation mode.

I had presentation crashes on x86 when i was editing my Toulouse .odp , also hope it was fixed upstream.

I tried using the JDK downloaded from Oracle as illustrated in one of the reply steps above.  I extracted it directly to one of my SD cards.

Whenever I try to "Add..." the JRE directory using the 1) primary JDK directory 2) the JDK\jre directory, or 3) the JDK\jre\bin directories, LibreOffice rejects the directory every time.

What directory should I add to make LibreOffice happy?

Also, I have tried altering the ClassPath setting to no effect.

--

More than a year after previous buid, here is a new build !

It was quite a nightmare again.

I finaly removed JAVA. It doesn't seems very usefull (most of the things are still there), and was quirky to compile and setup.

Thanks to @ekianjo for the testing.

Build 06

----------

• Brand new Build !
  • Updated to 4.5 alpha
  • Removed JAVA.

Thangs a lot, this should be verry usefull

Word Exel Powerpoint??

A bit offtopic: in the Original Word and Exel, you can easely devinier a "Print Area", where is this funktion in Libre Office??

This makes the Pandora lot more usefull :)

Awesome.  I will be getting this in a little while.  I really appreciate this ptitSeb.

Back