Just to let you know we're not dead (2011-08-16)

Days until refund: 31

Wow thanks for completely ignoring me. I offer to give you more money and you don't even respond? This is ridiculous.

If I do not have a Pandora in my hands by September 22nd, I will be requesting a refund. If you do not respond to me then, I will be calling a lawyer.

You can forget about the offer to go premium.

-Brad

On 08/10/2011 03:49 PM, Brad Cable wrote:

> With all the delays and crap, this was obviously not true (again).

>

> When is the estimated date now? Would upgrading to premium make any difference, considering I'm supposed to be close to the beginning of the queue?

>

> Thanks,

> -Brad

>

>

> On 05/18/2011 08:03 AM, openpandorasales wrote:

>> Hello Brad,

>>

>> Your order is due to be despatched this month.

>>

>> [snip]

>>

Days until refund: 31

Wow thanks for completely ignoring me. I offer to give you more money and you don't even respond? This is ridiculous.

If I do not have a Pandora in my hands by September 22nd, I will be requesting a refund. If you do not respond to me then, I will be calling a lawyer.

You can forget about the offer to go premium.

-Brad

On 08/10/2011 03:49 PM, Brad Cable wrote:

> With all the delays and crap, this was obviously not true (again).

>

> When is the estimated date now? Would upgrading to premium make any difference, considering I'm supposed to be close to the beginning of the queue?

>

> Thanks,

> -Brad

>

>

> On 05/18/2011 08:03 AM, openpandorasales wrote:

>> Hello Brad,

>>

>> Your order is due to be despatched this month.

>>

>> [snip]

>>

Do people somehow completely miss the fact that this is a startup project? Not some end-distribution with a completely finished and in-stock product? :huh:

No, but who can resist a good old Countdown To Doom and a bit of forum grandstanding?

Do people somehow completely miss the fact that this is a startup project? Not some end-distribution with a completely finished and in-stock product? :huh:

Startup projects can't respond to emails within 12 days? I was asking about offering them more money for their product to help them as a start up (and to speed up the process of me getting my Pandora).

No, but who can resist a good old Countdown To Doom and a bit of forum grandstanding?

I couldn't :D

I wonder what he wants to use the lawyer for?

If you guys refuse to respond to a refund request like you have been refusing to respond to offers of more money.

Startup projects can't respond to emails within 12 days? I was asking about offering them more money for their product to help them as a start up (and to speed up the process of me getting my Pandora).

Not necessarily, no. At times, the email pressure on Jaquelyn has been upwards of 500 a day, and she is but one person. Which is a rather well-known problem, and which could have been easily explained to you, had you asked (on the boards) why it was, I'd imagine.

I couldn't :D

Too bad. Curb your dramatic tendencies - It is all rather played out by others already.

I wonder what he wants to use the lawyer for?

If you guys refuse to respond to a refund request like you have been refusing to respond to offers of more money.

And then the lawyer would go in and help work through the email backlog? Honestly, if you are inclined towards throwing money at random directions, I'd guess that a secretary temp for a few weeks to give Jaquelyn a hand would be a lot more effective, whether you want to place a premium order or call for a refund. Probably cheaper, too. Now stop being silly, please.

Wait a moment - I only noticed the dates on those mails now. So you mean that you sent a request for a premium order 12 days ago, and now you're upset that you haven't gotten a reply to that - Even though you probably know that there has been no reliable or substantive shipments of boards for a long, long time? Interesting. Would you have preferred to be told that you'd get one? Even though that would be blatant lying, really?

I'd say that that was quite the responsible response, really - It gladdens me to see that Craig is not promising premiums he can't deliver.

And then you respond with an ultimatum to get your pandora in a months time? And goes posting on the forums to make some sort of public blackmail situation out of it all? That's...Also interesting. In a kind of roadside wreck way.

Do or do not. Stay or refund. Lots of people have done both before you. Most of them has managed without making a public ass of themselves.

Wait a moment - I only noticed the dates on those mails now. So you mean that you sent a request for a premium order 12 days ago, and now you're upset that you haven't gotten a reply to that - Even though you probably know that there has been no reliable or substantive shipments of boards for a long, long time? Interesting. Would you have preferred to be told that you'd get one? Even though that would be blatant lying, really?

I'd say that that was quite the responsible response, really - It gladdens me to see that Craig is not promising premiums he can't deliver.

And then you respond with an ultimatum to get your pandora in a months time? And goes posting on the forums to make some sort of public blackmail situation out of it all? That's...Also interesting. In a kind of roadside wreck way.

Do or do not. Stay or refund. Lots of people have done both before you. Most of them has managed without making a public ass of themselves.

I was told 3 months ago that I was getting it BY THE END OF THE MONTH. I waited 2.5 months, then asked what was going on, and if a premium order would help despite the fact that I shouldn't even need it. No response was received, so I wanted to stir something up so I could get A FUCKING RESPONSE.

Even though you probably know that there has been no reliable or substantive shipments of boards for a long, long time?

There has NEVER in the history of this project been a reliable shipment of boards, EVER. Not "a long time", EVER. That means, that if they say "within a month", that should mean they have the parts ready and are going to take awhile to assemble them.

It's clear that none of you want me here, so I'll just screw the countdown and request a refund now. This is supposed to be a community project, and if I'm not wanted, then I'll go away forever.

I'd say we dodged a bullet there, who knows what kind of hakmanplayer this guy was

I was told 3 months ago that I was getting it BY THE END OF THE MONTH. I waited 2.5 months, then asked what was going on, and if a premium order would help despite the fact that I shouldn't even need it. No response was received, so I wanted to stir something up so I could get A FUCKING RESPONSE.

If it helps (probably doesn't), I empathise. While I'm assured the end product is great, the whole getting of one has been an absolute farce. The implications of the projected Xmas '08 shipping date back when I ordered are either funny or pretty horrific.

Everyone has a breaking point. I guess that's why Moxie says it has been played out so much already. It's likely to play out again too. I'm hoping my last post on this board will be something about how fantastic my Pandora is. But the truth is, it's probably just as likely to be similar to your post. I'm still keeping my fingers crossed though.

Even though you probably know that there has been no reliable or substantive shipments of boards for a long, long time?

There has NEVER in the history of this project been a reliable shipment of boards, EVER. Not "a long time", EVER. That means, that if they say "within a month", that should mean they have the parts ready and are going to take awhile to assemble them.

There has never in the history of this project been a reliable end-user shipment quote, either. To you or someone else. Neither has there been a reliable short response time on emails (By which I do not mean to imply that it has been impossible to get a quick reply, but that it has been a bit of a game of chance). You should know this by now.

There has, however, been several daring acts of dramaqueenery, mock indignation and passive-aggressive asshattery in attempts to "stir things up", "get a response" or similar things. That never works, either. It just irritates everyone else.

It's clear that none of you want me here, so I'll just screw the countdown and request a refund now. This is supposed to be a community project, and if I'm not wanted, then I'll go away forever.

Not quite true - So far it seems to be mostly me (OK, DaMummy popped in after this quoted post), and the only part of you that I don't want is the dramatic pos(t)ing. Overly dramatic exaggeration aside - Yes, screw the countdown (How does one do that? My brain won't let me imagine. Possibly a good thing). Apart from that, by all means stay if you want. It is an amazing little box, really. And if you must, then go. It is your choice, you know? Whatever you do, do it with dignity.

We're all (those of us without our Pandoras) in the same boat. Our choices are to wait... or to not.

The fireworks help no-one but the manufacturers of high blood pressure medication.

sadViolin.jpg

http://sadviolin.com/

What did you bring to the table? You sound like you have contributed something worth more then mere money and are now threating to pull a plug many have pulled before. So what did you give to this community that will truly affect it?

This is not like it was entirely the fault of OP team. The unreliability of some of the supplier and the many months lost are really detrimental to the whole project.

I hope that the new german company will produce pandora at a rate that will satisfie everyone (premium or not, impatient or comprehensive). The project really deserve it.

If it occurs we should not see anymore this kind of outburst that are quite recurrent ;) (I, for myself, will definitively wait).

We're all (those of us without our Pandoras) in the same boat. Our choices are to wait... or to not.

The fireworks help no-one but the manufacturers of high blood pressure medication.

Dammit I missed another conspiracy that OPT masterminded again. TXT's Alex Jones about a box of nothing but hope that spilled out.....he kissed his fear mongering goodbye in return.

Day 31.....I survey my flat.

>It is absent a Pandora.

>I eat my laptop after posting about eating it on the openpandora boards, (the URL doesn't exist acc to BTP) I naturally am gutted, and now infected by noxious computer toxins and vitriolic abusive filth, aimed unfairly at the OPT. I spread a Zombie Holocaust upon the world......

Day 32 is pending......

Craigix....battles off the Zombie Holocaust on expert difficulty yet again....he's still not dead!

Day 32 is still pending....

>

I'm also WAY behind with my eMails, as I had A LOT of other important Pandora related stuff to do.

Fix, work on the business plan, discuss with companies, etc.

There should be some news withing this week, I've got a lot of new info I want to share but can't right now as I have to get up in 3 hours - and I want to get some sleep as well before that ;)

Mhhh.. i need additional proof you are not dead ED... i played Resident Evil so much so just typing is not enough. Can you send me a medical certification? :D

Keep the good job. My beloved Panda (the TURN IT ON ITSELF one) is in your hands, just don´t forget it. (i forget to program a loud beep as start up sound on this unit so you remember it every time it turns on itself lol)

Regards, blessings to all the team.

Scaramouche

Back