Just to let you know we're not dead (2011-08-16)

I really start thinking we need something like a unique header. We have all those great community services like the wiki, the repo, boards, stalker etc. hosted on the same domain, openpandora.org. With a unique header, that is updated by some community members and adopted by the main website and most services, this would be all that much userfriendly and professional.

so now what's the rate from them ?

50 boards a week or each 2 weeks?

On a funny sidenote they sent us an invoice for the production of those 50 PCBs... yeah, right. We shipped them over 300 broken ones that we already paid for back and they ask for money for the next 50 now? Awesome.
wow ... be very carefull though: if it should come to the worst, an unpaid bill is still an unpaid bill no matter if technically those 50 boards are part of the 300 you already paid for ...
I agree with you but I think technically those 50 are not part of the 300 that have already been paid as they are new boards. So they definitely have a ground to send a bill even if it feels wrong.

With a potential lawsuit in mind better safe than sorry right now.

Well, according to them, those were fixed boards, so they should be the ones we sent back.
Huh? That makes no sense then. That would be charging you double for the same board. Weirdos.

maybe they are not board you sent back, but new board that failed at the test rig...

The answer to this may be buried in another thread but roughly how many batch 1 Pandoras are left to go out? How many before batch 1 shipping is deemed complete?

^ this was answered a few posts before you: about 1000 to go from batch 1.

That's ~1000 boards from CC not Pandoras. I cannot recall but does that include broken boards? If not, the number of finished units from batch 1 to ship would probably be not insignificantly more.

Am I correct with this?

Well that's partly the reason I asked - that post says about 1000 PCB boards to go. But what about the actual number of full Pandora units left to get out there to batch 1 customers? May not be the same number.

Edit: Rygiz got there first!

Last edited by a moderator:
nice to know...

i keep my pandora...with the second SD reader bad soldered (the unique thing make me unhappy with my pandora... after own one of the 10 pandoras with the wifi chip completely broken...)

It is possible to send my pandora to change to Germany, instead to UK (actually i am in Budapest, maybe it is easier/cheaper) It is possible to buy a extra battery? at the same time with the RMA?.

I really would prefer to pay this 20€ (of the first RMA with the bad wifi chip) and next 20€ (cause the SD), to the team, that to the post service, and i guess that u would prefer to dont need to send the pandoras 3 times to the costumers....

So yes... u should ask for all this to the CC

Evil Dragon wrote:

Just to let you know we're not dead (2011-08-16)

Well, you may not be dead ED, but for those who are still waiting, we are going to end up like this before the decades out, and still no news from Craig on what the hell is going on.

Pandora UK Premium order customer:

return-of-the-living-dead.jpg

He died of old age before his order was received :lol:

^ now imagine what the average pre-orderer looks like ...

Interesting...he looks a lot like the navigator from Monkey Island I... Does waiting for the Pandora make you invisible for ghost pirates? If yes...wouldn't that be a top sales argument?

^ now imagine what the average pre-orderer looks like ...

Interesting...he looks a lot like the navigator from Monkey Island I... Does waiting for the Pandora make you invisible for ghost pirates? If yes...wouldn't that be a top sales argument?

lol, I thought about Monkey Island™ too when I saw the picture :)

Rapp Scallion: "I feel my soul is not at peace. There is something I must do before I pass on."

Guybrush: "Did your pandora arrive, finally?"

Hey, the pandora must be the actual secret of Monkey Island™!

;)

Pandora repairs

I got quite a few Pandoras that need a new LCD Cable or nubs that I had to fix. As some might know I repair ALL of them (also the ones Craig sold), so this eats quite a bit of time.

I finished repairing most of them, I get a few new ones each week, but I'm catching up!

Does that mean that there are LCD cables? Mine is broken, but the sales e-mail won't answer and I won't send my Pandora back, they charged me, in taxes, almost the price of the device to get it here.

Pandora repairs

I got quite a few Pandoras that need a new LCD Cable or nubs that I had to fix. As some might know I repair ALL of them (also the ones Craig sold), so this eats quite a bit of time.

I finished repairing most of them, I get a few new ones each week, but I'm catching up!

Does that mean that there are LCD cables? Mine is broken, but the sales e-mail won't answer and I won't send my Pandora back, they charged me, in taxes, almost the price of the device to get it here.

I think there are new cables available.

You should not have to pay taxes for a rma-return. You already payed your taxes for the box when you bought it. Usually it is sufficient to label the product as RMA but better check with your local post office.

That's ~1000 boards from CC not Pandoras. I cannot recall but does that include broken boards? If not, the number of finished units from batch 1 to ship would probably be not insignificantly more.

Am I correct with this?

I've got about 300 units left to deliver for Batch 1, which is my share of the remaining 1000.

Don't know many Craig has left though.

btw is fatih still in the team it has been a while since we heard from him...

Yeah, though he only takes care of the asian orders, and there's nothing needed right now, so that's why you don't read much from him.

Pandora repairs

We always had LCD cables (for repair), though Craig didn't have any for sale until last week as I actually had to solder speakers to them first.

Shipped them some last week.

nice to know...

i keep my pandora...with the second SD reader bad soldered (the unique thing make me unhappy with my pandora... after own one of the 10 pandoras with the wifi chip completely broken...)

It is possible to send my pandora to change to Germany, instead to UK (actually i am in Budapest, maybe it is easier/cheaper) It is possible to buy a extra battery? at the same time with the RMA?.

I really would prefer to pay this 20€ (of the first RMA with the bad wifi chip) and next 20€ (cause the SD), to the team, that to the post service, and i guess that u would prefer to dont need to send the pandoras 3 times to the costumers....

So yes... u should ask for all this to the CC

Sorry, but I only repair LCD Cables and nub units. If the board has to be replaced or fixed by CC, it needs to go back to where you bought it from.

Back