It's software this time!

Should davesha skip the queue so he can work directly on the Pyra?

• Yes

Votes: 174 99.4%
  • No

Votes: 1 0.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Checked your spam?
^^^This
I was just checking spam and got a poll about the pyra colour (should be asking if you want black or dark black or something?)
I'm assuming it went to spam for most providers as it said there was only like 7 results when I did it.

^^^This
I was just checking spam and got a poll about the pyra colour (should be asking if you want black or dark black or something?)
I'm assuming it went to spam for most providers as it said there was only like 7 results when I did it.
You left me confused there. What is it you did, if you didn't get asked for your choice between those colours (and for your interest in an sata adapter right after that)?
The email should contain an http link to the poll and on that site there might be some java code to be allowed.

You left me confused there. What is it you did, if you didn't get asked for your choice between those colours (and for your interest in an sata adapter right after that)?
The email should contain an http link to the poll and on that site there might be some java code to be allowed.
Yeah that was the email I got (in junk mail), it was a link to a poll that asked something like:

What colour do you want?
* Black
* Dark black (+30EUR)

You want a sata adapter?
* No
* Perhaps

Thanks for voting!

You did remember to uprgade your pre-preorder to a mainline pre-order starting in May 2016, right? You'll need to do that before you can pay for a final unit, but luckily you can still do that today. There were reportedly a good few dozen people who never upgraded their pre-preorders all along, so I guess it makes sense you see one pop up from time time time now.
It looks like I paid 110 euro on May the First of 2016 towards the Pyra Preorder (Mobile Ed. , US-Ver., 4GB RAM). I had already checked spam before multiple times so this order confirmation from 2016 is the last email I've gotten concerning the Pyra.

I'm just chiming in to say that I did not receive an email. I pre-preordered in 2015, no. 199!

Unfortunately, I haven't received an e-mail either. Checked the spam folder, too.

I ordered end of January 2018. By the way, I'm No. 1103 according in the numbers image thread (https://pyra-handheld.com/boards/threads/the-numbers-image-thread.77461/page-42#post-1430331). Although generally the numbers image thread is not fully linear to the order history due to overlapping cancellations, in my case a direct association seems possible as I was the one that came in "fast forward to Saturday afternoon" in week 91 (https://pyra-handheld.com/boards/threads/weekly-pyra-preorder-stats.78477/post-1430408). Thank you levi for keeping track ;)

Unfortunately, I haven't received an e-mail either. Checked the spam folder, too.

I ordered end of January 2018. By the way, I'm No. 1103 according in the numbers image thread (https://pyra-handheld.com/boards/threads/the-numbers-image-thread.77461/page-42#post-1430331). Although generally the numbers image thread is not fully linear to the order history due to overlapping cancellations, in my case a direct association seems possible as I was the one that came in "fast forward to Saturday afternoon" in week 91 (https://pyra-handheld.com/boards/threads/weekly-pyra-preorder-stats.78477/post-1430408). Thank you levi for keeping track ;)
@EvilDragon already announced, that there was a problem with the last mail batch and that he will send another batch.
So to everyone, who has not received an e-mail:
There will be a "second" or a second half to the survey.

That only affects people that selected german as a language on the shop I think. And judging by some of the other posts, the second german mail seems to have already been sent. If you're sure you've not got one yet, then alerting @EvilDragon either here, or as a ticket on the shop or something else I've not thought of (I guess you might get the quickest response if you ping him on @ twatter).

Edit: Depending on your mail handler service, it's possible it's fallen into some spam trap not accessible to you. The combination of 'survey' and some other weirdness seems to have sent some spam scorers erroroneously certain.

Pyra 2GB or Pyra 4GB in memory, there was always a difference of 30 €, which for me is not excessive.
The Pyra 2GB was just the cheapest and easiest handheld to access financially for gamers who find the Pyra too expensive on the ED site.
For 30 € more, I take the Pyra 4GB, for sure.
The other versions of Pyra (with 3G/4G) do not meet my needs for playing, personally.

It's SATA II but not eSATA, @EvilDragon didn't check the differences before writing the technical specifications. See @hns' earlier post in this thread: https://pyra-handheld.com/boards/threads/its-software-this-time.99105/post-1675571

OK. In that case (which the included pictures appear to confirm) I'm wondering what the discussion about the power lines means since a SATA II connection doesn't carry power for the device anyway. As far as I know the only connection that carries power is eSATAp (though, as I referred to, a lot of eSATA devices aren't eSATAp devices and don't expect power from the connection anyway).

A regular SATA II connection as an external port will need either an adapter to convert to eSATA or some kind of power supply for a bare drive. Technically, using an internal, unshielded cable would also subject the connection to possible RF interference as well.

Wow - there seems to be a lot of confusion around the SATA piggy backing off of the USB 2.0 port by using a USB 3.0 physical port.

Frankly, if you're confused as to what this is - don't worry about it, you don't need it in order to use the Pyra.

What it is: A USB 3.0 physical port has more data lines than a USB 2.0 port. The port on the Pyra is a physical USB 3.0 port jack, but only has the USB 2.0 data lines being used for USB. The -other- data lines on the physical USB 3.0 port are wired to the SATA connection on the SoC. This way, with a simple adapter, the Pyra can directly 'see' a SATA device connected to these data lines. This is -not- a USB to SATA adapter. It is the Pyra being sneaky and using a more complex port to double the functionality of the physical space the port occupies.

Does that help?

Originally, it was planned to use an eSATAp jack instead of that custom USB 3.0 jack solution. It wasn't possible to buy them anymore because they went out of production, though. However, the adapter still provides 5V via USB 2.0.
Yeah, but the adaptor doesnt have a buck convertor to provide even the 3.3V let alone the 12V. Now 2.5inch drives never need 12V, and most of them are okay with 5V only, but the adaptor doesn't give you a SATA power connector even.

Cheapest way round it as I see it is to buy a PC power supply brick that you screw into desktop systems, except you don't screw it in anything. Leave it on your desk and you'll have SATA power connectors coming out of your ears.

Yeah, but the adaptor doesnt have a buck convertor to provide even the 3.3V let alone the 12V. Now 2.5inch drives never need 12V, and most of them are okay with 5V only, but the adaptor doesn't give you a SATA power connector even.

Cheapest way round it as I see it is to buy a PC power supply brick that you screw into desktop systems, except you don't screw it in anything. Leave it on your desk and you'll have SATA power connectors coming out of your ears.
I would say something more like this :
Or a bit more and get a better one by itself:

Sent from my H3123 using Tapatalk

Back