It's software this time!

Should davesha skip the queue so he can work directly on the Pyra?

• Yes

Votes: 174 99.4%
  • No

Votes: 1 0.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Question: Will we be able to order additional cases when we pay the final payment? I'd be interested in having both colors, as well as the transparent ones if you are still planning on offering them.

By the way, is anyone else getting their popcorn ready and waiting for the inevitable "I didn't know you have to pay again?!" comments? When the preorders first started, there was some confusion among some preorderers.

hmm I hope for not so much fallout in that department, we could use a positive vibe around the machine, because ED selling more units only will do us good in the end.

Another Question is, if i decides afterwarts, that i need the SATA Adapter, but voted today whit no, are they going to be on Stock in the Shop if enough vote for Yes ??

Maybe it wasnt the best solution to fill my Survey after i came from the Shower this Morning..

The 15 € more arend that big issue for me, also whe have 3 % less VAT in Germany, and the Pyra is anyway quite expensive even whitout Dark Chrome..

I think its the Same as when you buy a 3 Million € Lamborghini, but you dont want to pay the 300 € for a Color that isnt the Stock White..

• Haha
Reactions: rSl
No, i meant the 15 € more for the Dark Chrome Pyra

The Adapter is still 30 €, also for me, but as i ditnt need it, its dosnt cost me anything ^^

Therefore, whe dotnt need an Custom TV Out Cable on the Pyra: Just a (Micro/Mini??), HDMI to Full Sice HDMI Adapter
And as not anywhone needs SATA, i think the Pyra is much more friendly to off the shelf parts..

Pre pre order id 26 reporting in! Lol.

*edit* I found my survey email. I had two dragon box store accounts, each to different emails! Lol. And that one was in spam!

Response added, and total of 409 responses so far.

Attachments

• IMG_20200813_195936.jpg
    IMG_20200813_195936.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 188
Last edited:
Well, I share your zeal for open specs and so forth. This is purely incidental to the design of the Pyra, the adapter came out as an afterthought I think? It's as much a lock in as the custom designed dash in my car ... it's just custom to the device.

I suspect the adapter will be as open as the Pyra.

But, I think you know that? Anyway.
I was kidding, it's not lock-in because the SATA adapter can be replaced. In fact, by the logic that I used the built-in ports would just as much be lock-in because they'll have to be replaced as well if I get a new device and need those respective ports.

Pyra does not have lock-in because it stores the irreplaceable parts (such as private data) in an accessible format.

I din't received email for survey,i've checked also spam,but nothing! Why?!

• Wow
Reactions: rSl

I’m sure there must be more detailed info available from the supplier for the Pyra but I imagine emu feathers won’t be involved...? \o/

Back