It's software this time!

Should davesha skip the queue so he can work directly on the Pyra?

• Yes

Votes: 174 99.4%
  • No

Votes: 1 0.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

pimaster

Numbers going up quick
Code:
Total records in survey : 198
One black, one chrome. Need to tell the mobile and non mobile versions apart :)

Also, thanks to all those pointing out it could be spam. Part of the Internet I hate.

Reactions: rSl

levi

Still fresh, damnit!
Survey numbers have risen to 210 now. I guess Europeans are starting to wake up and check their emails. It'll be a few hours before the US pyra-preorders get up though.

Edit: Now 211!

Edit: Now 222 as of 06:40UTC

Last edited:

pyrat

Very Active Member
Black, with SATA adapter. 244 answers in.

Was hard to choose. I think I remember the original plastic was black, and both looked good, so cheaper and with maybe some more potential to age better.
I should have asked before whether dark or chrome finish was more ecological (any of both is more toxical, uses more toxical products to produce it or more energy
or requires more minerals or other resources ?) I hadn't thought about it until I was told the two colors cost different, so I thought maybe the ecological cost
could be also different ? I mean it must be ridiculously irrelevant respect the whole device, but since it's the only thing to choose now, and both look good...

ClockworkCoder

Chaotic Neutral
It was in my junk email too. Went for dark chrome and s-ata adapter.
Post automatically merged:

It's starting to look like the black version might become a rare collector's edition at this rate! Although I was quite divided myself. Am keen to see a lot more pictures and videos in the coming weeks, that's for sure.

matzesu

Forum Addict!
Staff member
Im just hope that ED made this 15 € for Dark Chrome not just from the Price he get pay + 15 % VAT, but whit some Marge, so our special Order will help the Project on the Financial Side ..

EDIT: I meant 16 % VAT, seems like i puzzled it whit the 5 % for Eating Stuff etc..

Reactions: rSl

ClockworkCoder

Chaotic Neutral
Survey numbers have risen to 210 now. I guess Europeans are starting to wake up and check their emails. It'll be a few hours before the US pyra-preorders get up though.

Edit: Now 211!

Edit: Now 222 as of 06:40UTC
Are you thinking to start a new thread!? ;)
I wish my order number was the same as my survey number...

Edit: brain fart

matzesu

Forum Addict!
Staff member
One thing confused me a bit, on the Mail, he said "Hallo (Familiename), , is this now a new feature on the Shop Acount System i ditnt activated so i get just named whit my Familiename, rahter then whit "Matthias"??
On the Shool in Germany, when they just call you by your Familiename, its meant to be offensive

Kampfmops

What a nice mail! :cool:

Dark Chrome and Sata adapter ( Just Cause) Yessss :D
+1

Btw: 283 filled surveys (7:51 UTC)
Post automatically merged:

One thing confused me a bit, on the Mail, he said "Hallo (Familiename), , is this now a new feature on the Shop Acount System i ditnt activated so i get just named whit my Familiename, rahter then whit "Matthias"??
On the Shool in Germany, when they just call you by your Familiename, its meant to be offensive
Cannot confirm that. My mail was introduced with my forename. Maybe you are registered with swapped name-fields?

λ the β-Redex Reducer

β-Redex Reducing Member
Why is the Dark Chrome version more expensive? Is the paint more expensive or does it need more paint or something like that? I'm also curious about which colour Pyra is more toxic.

Last edited:
It may have been mentioned somewhere, somewhen(sorry, I forget), but could someone explain (and I'm not trying to say anything bad here) what would the..I guess.. "official" usb to sata adapter can do/provide over a full sata+power plug to usb(or perhaps, double usb) plug cable?

daveshah

It's not really a USB to SATA adapter at all. Instead, the USB3 pins of one of the USB-A port are connected to the SATA interface of the OMAP5 (the OMAP5 USB3 goes to the OTG port).

The adapter provides a SATA data port connected to these pins, via a chip to buffer them to improve the signal quality. As far as I know, it does not provide SATA power and this must be sourced yourself.

It's not really a USB to SATA adapter at all. Instead, the USB3 pins of one of the USB-A port are connected to the SATA interface of the OMAP5 (the OMAP5 USB3 goes to the OTG port).
this part I do kind of remember being mentioned, but thanks for the refresher.

The adapter provides a SATA data port connected to these pins, via a chip to buffer them to improve the signal quality. As far as I know, it does not provide SATA power and this must be sourced yourself.
yes, I noticed that the adapter only has the data set of pins, and thus doesn't carry power. but what can the adapter do/provide over a full sata+power plug to usb(or perhaps, double usb) plug cable?

would the difference be that the "official" adapter is potentially 1 Gbps faster than using the OTG port?

Last edited: