It's software this time!

Should davesha skip the queue so he can work directly on the Pyra?

• Yes

Votes: 174 99.4%
  • No

Votes: 1 0.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Should I expect an email if I ordered in 2017? Can't find anything in neither inbox nor spam folder :(

you guys will see where this is from soon ;)
More candy. My videos are uploading fairly low res, sorry about that. I'll try to figure out what's up with that for the next one. @EvilDragon is the real video master here :)

Ah, Ok. So The post in this thread was made from a Pyra to record a video posted in the other thread. It's the shorter, second video.
Thank you ToastBucket.

Why is the Dark Chrome version more expensive? Is the paint more expensive or does it need more paint or something like that? I'm also curious about which colour Pyra is more toxic.

It's more expensive, yes. In general, all special colors are more expensive than normal ones. None of them should be toxic - we're in Germany, I doubt toxic coating is allowed for normal devices here :)

The black coating also does cost me 9 EUR, but I can't possibly charge for that, as the final price for the Pyra had been announced already and I will keep that.

About emails landing in spam: This is probably because they're sent via PHP. This often leads to issues (no DKIM, etc.). I had the same issue with the shop but switched it to SMTP which made everything work properly.
Didn't think about that though, so LimeSurvey (that's the software) also uses PHP.

I'll check whether I can change that.

And no worries, if you didn't receive the mail because of that: I'll also send reminders in a few days :)

It's more expensive, yes. In general, all special colors are more expensive than normal ones. None of them should be toxic - we're in Germany, I doubt toxic coating is allowed for normal devices here :)

Of course they're not toxic for users or workers. I didn't mean that. Sorry if I didn't use the right word. I just wondered whether the impact to the environment for the production of one or the other pigment could
be different, even if both are tolerable. That's maybe hard to know because it would take a complex tracing and evaluation of materials and so on... Normally people just makes sure to follow the rules and that's it.
It's not worth to compare impact beyond compliance. I didn't know the difference in price was due to stock volume, I thought it might be due to pigment production cost or something like that and thought if the ingredients were different maybe the impact too.
I was just looking for some reason to choose, since visually both are more than good enough and I didn't know how to break the tieup.

I had checked over the weekend, just in case, but I checked again today, in Gmail's spam folder, and I found the email less than 12 hours old. I picked black (because I was a bit torn, so I let the price difference make the decision) and I got the E-SATA adapter, since I have an E-SATA drive dock readily available, and not getting the adapter to make it work for the Pyra just didn't seem to make sense. Maybe I won't use it much, but it would really bother me to not be able to use it when I already have everything but the adapter.

Edit: In my experience most E-SATA drives have their own power supply/adapter anyway, so the lack of power through the adapter isn't going to mean much.

It's SATA II but not eSATA, @EvilDragon didn't check the differences before writing the technical specifications. See @hns' earlier post in this thread: https://pyra-handheld.com/boards/threads/its-software-this-time.99105/post-1675571

Could you have used your pre-preorder code as a partial payment for the preorder? In that case it would only be one you ordered.
If you think you ordered two, maybe wait a day (in case mail is delayed). Check spam and then you might have to contact ED.
I preordered 2 pyras when the preorders started, and used my pre preorder voucher as partial payment. I got 2 400€ vouchers, so they should definetly be registered. It could be that the second email got lost because of that German email problem. I got one emprty email and one with a survey link.

Empty mail is due to some locale issue ED made with German language mails. He already had sent the mails again.

Back