It's software this time!

Should davesha skip the queue so he can work directly on the Pyra?

• Yes

Votes: 174 99.4%
  • No

Votes: 1 0.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

λ the β-Redex Reducer

β-Redex Reducing Member
Well, I share your zeal for open specs and so forth. This is purely incidental to the design of the Pyra, the adapter came out as an afterthought I think? It's as much a lock in as the custom designed dash in my car ... it's just custom to the device.

I suspect the adapter will be as open as the Pyra.

But, I think you know that? Anyway.
I was kidding, it's not lock-in because the SATA adapter can be replaced. In fact, by the logic that I used the built-in ports would just as much be lock-in because they'll have to be replaced as well if I get a new device and need those respective ports.

Pyra does not have lock-in because it stores the irreplaceable parts (such as private data) in an accessible format.

EdenR

Still Fresh
I din't received email for survey,i've checked also spam,but nothing! Why?!

• Wow
Reactions: rSl

Phlyra

I’m sure there must be more detailed info available from the supplier for the Pyra but I imagine emu feathers won’t be involved...? \o/

fayer3

Still Fresh
how does the survey work if I ordered multiple pyras? Do I have to fill it out multiple times? I would like one dark chrome, and my brother, if he doesn't cancel his preorder, would like a black one.

TrashyMG

Sarcasm Dispenser
Staff member
Hmm this survey ended up in my spam folder, so for those who didn't get it you may want to look there.

how does the survey work if I ordered multiple pyras? Do I have to fill it out multiple times? I would like one dark chrome, and my brother, if he doesn't cancel his preorder, would like a black one.
I have to wonder if you would get two notes per order?

? usb 3 tops out at 5Gbps (the OTG port) SATA is potentially 6Gbps
hopefully they got host mode support fixed, I know on my devboard it never worked... but there has been a bit of development done lately.

What I like about the SATA option is that it provides a fast external storage option while the Pyra is on the charger.

pimaster

I got two individual emails regarding the survey. Although I placed my orders at different times.
So I filled out each one.

fayer3

Still Fresh
I only got one email. I originally ordered one pyra during the prepreorders, and in the preorder step I added the second one.

docbroke

Banned
I wasn't expecting this email, as my order number is >1000 but just as everyone is getting email I too checked spam folder of my mail, and there it was. So I think everyone who ordered are getting mails. Everyone check your spam folders.

current count at 438

Arkay Firestar

Very Active Member
439, I just chimed in.
Dark Chrome, no adapter.
Almost missed the email in junk!

I have to say, the dark chrome is unquestionably more pleasant, aesthetically: it draws subtle contrast to the dpad and nubs. It has less jarring contrast with the brushed metal Pyra logo. The flecks that catch light will help mask scuffs and imperfections more than a flat black. More power to the batmen out there but it was an easy decision, between those two. Now if clear or unpainted had been on there...

Eight Bit

Hardcore Member
Website
Visit site
Okay, I chose black. I like the chrome one but think it looks a bit generic.
No adapter.. I don't think I'd use it. Maybe in due time I'll buy a new colored case if it becomes available.

• Love

pimaster

I only got one email. I originally ordered one pyra during the prepreorders, and in the preorder step I added the second one.
Could you have used your pre-preorder code as a partial payment for the preorder? In that case it would only be one you ordered.
If you think you ordered two, maybe wait a day (in case mail is delayed). Check spam and then you might have to contact ED.