It's software this time!

Should davesha skip the queue so he can work directly on the Pyra?

• Yes

Votes: 174 99.4%
  • No

Votes: 1 0.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Neelix

Insecticidal Maniac
That’s partly my point; in the absence of context, how would the person questioning the mask wearer expect covering up acid burns to be the most probable reason, without first being conditioned by societal stigma to have such an expectation?
Rather like as a society we have an expectation that people (and women in particular) shouldn’t be comfortable with their bodies being different from the average ( = societal stigma) and that therefore the conditioned expectation is that such a woman must probably be pregnant.
You're the one assuming a social stigma. My point is that there's no context here to indicate such a stigma is in play in this case. Theorising about someone else motives for acting in a certain way does not mean that there are any expectations that someone *should* act that way in such a situation, only that they consider it a possibility that someone *may* act that way in such a situation.

- Neelix

Zarkon

Still Fresh
By the way, what is the final process for getting out pyras once they're ready? Is ED going to email everyone who bought a voucher years ago to complete their purchase?

Just want to make sure there isn't a step I missed.

Reactions: rSl

levi

Still fresh, damnit!
If you made a pre-pre-order then your order number is written on the prototype unpopulated PCB you received in the mail (plus one for ToastBucket's unit, perhaps minus a few if people before you cancelled already). If you only made a standard pre-order then you have to guess, but ED's explained already that you'll be told when he asks you what colour case you want.

TrashyMG

Sarcasm Dispenser
Staff member

levi

Still fresh, damnit!
Edit: Ninja'ed by Trashy!

The PCB is an old revision, and is missing the CPU PCB and the display PCB, and has also been defaced by ED and HNS; it's not really suitable for practical use. The pre-pre-order phase happened in October 2015 and all 200 units were all snapped up within a couple of days, and I suspect if you didn't receive a little present in the post then what you have is a plain pre-order.

User @ToastBucket is a member here who is doing impressive work with his prototype getting everything closer to perfection than ever before.