Release It's Here!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I cannot work out how to update the photo of the Pandora on wikipedia, but you can change it to the photo Michael posted now. I'm sick of the sight of that render!

Smashing!

Edit:

craigix said:
I cannot work out how to update the photo of the Pandora on wikipedia, but you can change it to the photo Michael posted now. I'm sick of the sight of that render!

If you could make a quick HTML page with the photos and something saying that you're releasing them under a CC license, that'd satisfy their requirements.

Code:
<html>
<head>
<title>Photo License (CC)/title>
</head>
<body>
All images on this page are licensed under the by-nc Creative Commons license.
<br>
[img]image URL goes here[/img]
<br>
</body>
</html>
is quick and easy.

If you need help getting the image onto Wikipedia, PM me or email me. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
craigix said:
Done.

Congrats Pandora team - I am certain it has been quite a journey and I am just amazed that a group of people can get together and create such a beautiful thing. You have done an amazing thing in a world full of crud there is Pandora to get us through. This is better than Rudolph on a stormy night and sliced bread. :D

rabidpoobear said:
craigix said:
Done.

Well this isn't going to stay a secret for long.

atomicthumbs said:
craigix said:
If you could make a quick HTML page with the photos and something saying that you're releasing them under a CC license, that'd satisfy their requirements.
Not necessary in this case, I uploaded them as licence "The copyright holder has given permission for this image to be uploaded to Wikipedia" which should be fine.
But if you want to use the image for other purposes CC would be nice.

EDIT:
nvm, they DO need to be under CC or something similar, the image has been flagged for speedy deletion due to the license. Oops.

calc84maniac said:
PoisonedV said:
craigix said:
Right, where the fuck are those vapourware twats? I want to punch them in the face.
even a broken clock is right once a day!
(the vaporware twats aren't the broken clock)
Twice a day, actually. Try harder.
not on a digital or 24 hour clock, which I assume most of us use. try harder.

PoisonedV said:
calc84maniac said:
PoisonedV said:
craigix said:
Right, where the fuck are those vapourware twats? I want to punch them in the face.
even a broken clock is right once a day!
(the vaporware twats aren't the broken clock)
Twice a day, actually. Try harder.
Well, since your clock obviously runs a little slow, I'd say you're right about once a decade.

calc84maniac said:
PoisonedV said:
Well, since your clock obviously runs a little slow, I'd say you're right about once a decade.
Okay, do you realize that not only are you derailing an important thread, you're doing it in order to argue with POISONEDV?
DO you not see the futility of this?

Seriously. Who cares about clocks. Focus, people.

I changed your caption on the WP page. "Mass Production Pandora" is clearly wrong. I changed it to "Prototype", but I'm not sure that's quite right.

It's more a manufacturing test than a prototype. I'm not sure how to, in a single word, express how close this prototype is to the final without actually being the final.

rabidpoobear said:
atomicthumbs said:
craigix said:
Not necessary in this case, I uploaded them as licence "The copyright holder has given permission for this image to be uploaded to Wikipedia" which should be fine.
But if you want to use the image for other purposes CC would be nice.

EDIT:
nvm, they DO need to be under CC or something similar, the image has been flagged for speedy deletion due to the license. Oops.

How might we do that then?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back