Release Firmware release 1.5, beta 1 released

Impressive. Thank you very much for bringing us such a major feature! This increases the pandora's efficiency manifold and is now a must have.

for this, i cleaned up dusted pandora and used it for the first time in months.

really, awesome. bad standby time was my biggest problem with the pandora so far. with new kernel, battery monitor tells me i have like 160h when just letting it be for a while. This is no tweak, it's game-changing :D

had some problems with wifi on first try, but now it seems to work just fine.

overclocking is no big issue for me, but no picodrive is. <- top priority ;)

also had my first try with pcsxv13 and gpsp, both are a treat. thanks for everything, notaz :)

Ah, it disables the SD cards. That's pretty fundamental.

Is there a script I can hook into to trigger some code execution before and/or after suspend-to-RAM is activated? If so, then I can configure some automatic session saving and restoring for Emacs instead.
See suspend_real() in /usr/pandora/scripts/op_power.sh

I think Notaz mentioned that USB host does not work until you enter a certain modprobe command into the terminal.

wow, bad standby time was my biggest gripe about the pandora too... This is definitely a major feature... great work notaz

Last edited by a moderator:
it seems the "wifi can not be deactivated" issue is no issue at all.

3 ways to get rid of wifi:

1. go to standby by tabbing the powerswitch to the right. resume the same way -> wifi gone

2. terminal enter: "sudo rmmod wl1251_sdio" and then "sudo rmmod wl1251"

3. right click on network-manager-applet icon and deselect "enable wireless"

to reload the wifi module after options 1 and 2 just type "sudo modprobe wl1251_sdio"

hope that helps although this surely is trivial ;)

if option 3 is as effective as 1 and 2 needs to be testified

1. go to standby by tabbing the powerswitch to the right. resume the same way -> wifi gone

2. terminal enter: "sudo rmmod wl12551_sdio" and then "sudo rmmod wl12551"

to reload the wifi module after options 1 and 2 just type "sudo modprobe wl12551_sdio"

when i try to reenable wifi by uusing command "sudo modprobe wl12551_sdio" i get "Fatal:module wl12551_sdio" not found ?

• 3.2 kernel release as a boot option in boot menu (hold R shoulder when turning on)

• addded option to boot the system with RAM reserved for DSP

I'm interested in these boot parameters and I can't seem to find them. Were these changes pushed?

I have not tried this yet but, sounds like great improvement on battery life which I can appreciate a lot. Cant wait to try it.

The Pandora doesn't shut down wehn you get 5% or less battery.

I wore up and mine had 0% akku. I wanted to charge it but I forgot to plug it in.

I haven't used the experimental Kernel but the normal one.

Oh looking forward to the stable release of this :)

Hope somebody can clearly explain to me how to do these fancy updates, Ive been doing the pnd thingies previously.

Also hope I can recall how I set-up my bt phone internet stuff, that seemed to be quite a hassle i have updated the files I made/changed but it will still be some work to get it right again...

2. terminal enter: "sudo rmmod wl12551_sdio" and then "sudo rmmod wl12551"

to reload the wifi module after options 1 and 2 just type "sudo modprobe wl12551_sdio"

when i try to reenable wifi by uusing command "sudo modprobe wl12551_sdio" i get "Fatal:module wl12551_sdio" not found ?
sorry, module names are wl1251 and wl1251_sdio. fixed in original article.

Thanks for trying

xplain to me how to do these fancy updates, Ive been doing the pnd thingies previously.
1. download update archive

2. extract files in archive to root of sd-card

3. make sure to savely unmount sd-card, better wait some extra seconds

3. put sd-card in left sd-slot of pandora

4. (re)start pandora while holding right shoulder button

5. choose "boot from sd1:1"

done

to try alternative kernel after updating:

1.(re)start pandora while holding right shoulder button

2. choose "boot experimental kernel"

and you will see the awesome new boot-screen. I had to laugh when i first saw it.

does the new test firmware feel any more responsive at all? when you close a pnd does it still take a few seconds while it writes the .out file untill the menu becomes stable?

does the new test firmware feel any more responsive at all? when you close a pnd does it still take a few seconds while it writes the .out file untill the menu becomes stable?

That's been fixed with some HF7 alpha version already.

Found that it loses my nub-settings after every reboot, and misreports battery life quite drastically - kept getting my PNDs crashing due to dialogs warning me about the battery being about to fail, even though prior to launching the PND it was at 48% :(

Back to HF7 for me!

D.

Back