Release Battle for Wesnoth dev release

ivanovic

Hi folks!

After ages a new development release is now available for the Pandora. The latest release is 1.11.8 and available from the repo (the previous one available was 1.11.4!) and features significant changes for pandora players. This is why I am asking for some feedback in here. The most important changes:

1) New UI theme specifically created for the pandora usecase. The theme can be changed in the preferences->graphics area if you are not satisfied with the pandora theme.

2) Changed input methods (right clicks now initiate moves). This can be changed in the preferences->advanced preferences.

Please post some comments in here stating what you like or dislike as well as issues you found. I attached an image to show you how the new UI looks while you are waiting for the download to finish:

twobrothers.png

Last edited by a moderator:
If only it was more similar to the Fire Emblem series.

At least more options to make it more like FE would be great.

(No hexagons but squares. Real Healers. Only 1-2 attacks per unit. Units can pass near enemy units)

Fire Emblem is my all time favorite video game.

If only Wesnoth would be more similar to it.

2) Changed input methods (right clicks now initiate moves). This can be changed in the preferences->advanced preferences.
Oooh !! So that's why I wasn't able to move anyone... I'll try again tonight

I'm liking the new interface a lot - it's a definite improvement, but it does reduce the amount of map visible on screen although the zoom feature goes some way to solving this problem. I'm having real issue with right click initiating moves though, this is difficult for me and i think perhaps this should be reverted back to its old state by default rather than having to change it in preferences.

I assigned the move/attack command to "ALT+LeftClick" cause it's the same way I use the Right Click in the OS

And I found an issue that stops the playsession:

- Start for example the campaign "Heir to the throne"

- activate planning mode

- select Konrad and plan to move him in the north west where it must go, same for the wizard

- confirm all actions and end turn until someone attacks Konrad or the wizard

then you'll see, the enemy just attack one time and then stops the sequence, and you can't do nothing to proceed

Hi Ivanovic!

The new GUI is really a progress - fantastic!

Everything is so much more readable. :)

I found a small issue:

In the first scenario of the campaign "Ein Einmarsch der Orks" the map shows just graphical glitches in the lower third.

New month, new Dev release of Wesnoth. 1.11.9 is available in the Repo. The input scheme should be back to the "old" default (unless you changed your mapping manually!). Sadly the minimap glitch is not fixed yet. We are currently still investigating the root reason. On the PC it should probably happen, too, there we seem to be just lucky that it does not occur...

Hey, just wondering, the current Wesnoth in the Pandy repo is 1.12, but there's a 1.14 out now. Anyone plan on updating it?

To save screen space maybe the mini map and other window could be toggled as a transparent overlay? I haven't played Wesnoth in a while and can't remember if it it used for quick moving, like clicking an area on the minimap and skipping to that point. If so I guess that wouldn't work. I bet the aspect ratio of the Pyra screen will help also.

Back