Release It's Here!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gruso said:
General question (at everyone): I'm wondering whether to go nuts on this - press wise - as the first complete Pandora... or hold off?
Post away.
Engadget loves Mr. Blurrycam.
Seriously, post it up, IMHO.

Last edited by a moderator:
Gruso said:
craigix said:
The hinge seems to be perfect.
We've seen many wonderful things posted today, but these words surely top the list. I figured if anything was going to burst our bubble it would be a hinge tweak.

General question (at everyone): I'm wondering whether to go nuts on this - press wise - as the first complete Pandora... or hold off?

I'd wait a day for the Green Light.

Gruso said:
craigix said:
We've seen many wonderful things posted today, but these words surely top the list. I figured if anything was going to burst our bubble it would be a hinge tweak.

My vote says hold off until tomorrow when MWeston makes a final case decision. If it's "tweak more" you can say "look it's almost done here are some pics". If it's "Go ahead" you can go absolutely nuts.

Gruso said:
craigix said:

You could wait until ED makes those professional photos...

Gruso said:
craigix said:

Personally, Grue, I would wait until we have a green light and then post the hell out of it. If you post that one's done and then right after have to say there's a minor tweak for MP... *the sigh heard round the world*.

We've still got a few hangups (silkscreen, power cables) but it IS great to hear the hinge is okay.

ED: also it would be good to wait for some sharper pics but I don't think it's worth waiting if the case is OKed.

craigix said:
The hinge seems to be perfect. We were worried it might not take the weight but it clicks in to place at 170 degrees and holds tight.

That is awesome news Craig, glad to hear it. So it functions just like the DS. Locks at 170, or can be opened flat right? I must say the pic looks just like the render I use on my desktop wallpaper. Truly awesome that you guys delivered so close to all the renders. I don't know if this has ever been asked, but along with the silk screen, all the renders appeared to have colored circular inserts to cover the screws, is that something you guys plan to do, or will the screws on the screen face just be visable? Just curious!

Jumpman

Gruso said:
craigix said:

Maybe wait for a photo of several completed units? Michael is busy building them, but has to ship some tomorrow morning so there will likely only be one chance to take a photo of a row of working, final, Pandora consoles.

Even if we need to tweak the case these are still production units as they are using the mass production parts.

I'd be suprised if something does not need at least shaving (1 days work per mould).

craigix said:
Right, where the fuck are those vapourware twats? I want to punch them in the face.

Where are those vapourware faces? I want to punch them in the twat.

Those cases are made from 100% pure want.

jumpman said:
all the renders appeared to have colored circular inserts to cover the screws, is that something you guys plan to do, or will the screws on the screen face just be visable? Just curious!
if by "colored" you mean "black" (...hmm...) then yes they've said that they are going to have inserts. They might not have any for MWeston's builds but they are going to put them in final units. I don't have a reference for this.

Gruso said:
craigix said:

Go nuts Gruso, what the hell! Even if we all don't get units in time for christmas, the developers will receive these soon, and as far as I can tell, we will all get the same models in due time(with a slightly better final case, that's all). I say go for it. As of tommorow I think the Pandora can truly be considered officialy launched.

Jumpman

hey, i would have expected frontpage render to be changed with a nice res picture of the MK0

are those blobs screws?
right under the 1 key and del Button?
i dont think those are gummy feet

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back