Release Hydra Castle Labyrinth

You can build this from source on desktop linux using ptitseb's repo if you want. If by 'desktop' you mean windows this project has never had a windows target as far as I can tell. It's had prototype wii and psp build targets though.

You can build this from source on desktop linux using ptitseb's repo if you want. If by 'desktop' you mean windows this project has never had a windows target as far as I can tell. It's had prototype wii and psp build targets though.
I was rather hoping for a precompiled Linux binary.

Thanks for the video, I'll put it on 1st post.

I don't understand why your titlescreen is not this one
preview2.png

Also, you don't have music?

You know that once in game, you can have a look at your inventory and also have a option menu, to use English instead of Japanese, and also use xBRZ for upscaling (depending on taste).
Also, you should begin the game by going left instead of right. If you left / up, you will eventual find a chest with a pickaxe that can destroy blocks, so you can find the key to the 1st boss (the closed door beside the save point)...

Ah yes..it was the wrong Language with the Title Screen..it was not in English...it was Japanese.
Here a Video with Music and the xBRZ Filter :)

The no Music was also a little Error from me because i started it 2 Times :oops:
Here the newer Video fixed :)

That seems a little slower than I remember it playing. Also, the music sounds a bit muffled, but that could be a number of things I guess. And maybe it only seems slower because I got a ladder climbing upgrade somewhere along the lines.

I have updated the PND on the repo, with latest sources (not much has changed anyway), and I switched to SDL2 for rendering (so OpenGL instead of omapdss). I don't think it changes much on Pandora resolution anyway. If you prefer SDL 1.2, just scream here, I'll go back to it.

Build 04
-----------

• Switched to SDL2
  • Update libs

Nice. My pandora is out of action perhaps permanently (don't seem to be able to power it off battery any more for some reason), but I'm looking forward to replaying this once I get my Pyra.

@ptitSeb Wonderful! Just: S to slash and X to jump. Space for Menu.
Love the 2xSai but I prefer blockyness.

A sound was lazy loaded, and gave me a hiccup in gameplay. (the continue-from-here sound)

Last edited:
@ptitSeb Wonderful! Just: S to slash and X to jump. Space for Menu.
Love the 2xSai but I prefer blockyness.
Yeah, I need some menu for key-configuration. One day I'll do it...

Glad you liked it :)

A sound was lazy loaded, and gave me a hiccup in gameplay. (the continue-from-here sound)
That's a music, and music are indeed lazy-load (only one in memory at a time).

Hi all,

@ptitSeb : I just tried to play this game again on my Rebirth, latest SZ installed with SGX driver 4.10. Unfortunately it fails with this error message:

Code:
=======================================================================================
PND             : /media/Pandora/pandora/menu/hydracastlelabyrinth_ptitseb.pnd
PND_FSTYPE      : Squashfs
APPDATADIR      : /media/Pandora/pandora/appdata/hydracastlelabyrinth
APPDD_FSTYPE    : ext2
PND_CPUSPEED    : <unset>
EXENAME         : runscript.sh
ARGUMENTS       : <unset>
=======================================================================================
[ START ]--- Mount the PND ----------
Mounting : mount -t squashfs -o ro "/dev/loop1" "/mnt/utmp/hydracastlelabyrinth"
Mounting the Union FS : mount -t aufs -o exec,dirs="/media/Pandora/pandora/appdata/hydracastlelabyrinth=rw+nolwh":"/mnt/pnd/hydracastlelabyrinth=rr" none "/mnt/utmp/hydracastlelabyrinth"
[SUCCESS]--- Mount the PND ----------
[ START ]--- Starting the application ( runscript.sh  ) ----------
--------------------------------------------------------------
Setting PATH to /mnt/utmp/hydracastlelabyrinth:/usr/local/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin:/sbin:/bin:/usr/bin/X11:/usr/games
--------------------------------------------------------------
Setting LD_LIBRARY_PATH to /mnt/utmp/hydracastlelabyrinth/lib:/lib:/usr/lib
System check
============
Freememory is 41
Cpu Speed is 600
Sys Speed is 332
PND Build is 03
Hydra Caslte Labyrinth, Fullscreen 800x480 scale=x2, using Joystick=1
Error creating SDL Renderer (Failed loading libGL.so.1: libGL.so.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory)
[ FAILED]--- Starting the application ( runscript.sh  ) ----------
[ START ]--- Restoring the frame buffer status ----------
[SUCCESS]--- Restoring the frame buffer status ----------
[ START ]--- uMount the PND ----------
[ START ]--- Waiting the Union to be available ----------
[SUCCESS]--- Waiting the Union to be available ----------
rmdir: failed to remove `/mnt/utmp/hydracastlelabyrinth': Device or resource busy
[ START ]--- Waiting the PND mount dir to be free ----------
[SUCCESS]--- Waiting the PND mount dir to be free ----------
cleanup done
[SUCCESS]--- uMount the PND ----------
Return code is : 4

What am I doing wrong ?

Cheers, Magic Sam

Nice, looks like build 04 is from after my Pandora went out of action, so I was never able to test that one. I was still playing this and enjoying it when my Pandora died, so I'm hoping it gets ported to the Pyra shortly after I get mine at the latest. Looks a straightforward build for @ptitSeb though, so here's hoping!

Back