Here Is What Will Be Happening.

It seams there are quite a few people here who actually work in or are used to deal with that "mould stuff" ,
where some of these people know/consulted/asked for some help when the stuff was started?

Even if it was only to have a good idea of "industry practices" like above post.

b_o_b said:
Kyosys said:
It's very apparent that I'm canceling my preorder after hanging on to it (and their false promises) for over a year solely for the attention I get from the 10 people reading my post here. I'm sure it has nothing to do with being lied to over and over again, having to take their unprofessional treatment of the customers and craigs intentionally misleading, vague and cryptic messages leaving us in the dark and giving us false hope.

You are absolutely entitled to cancel your pre-order. Nothing wrong with that. I also agree that the OP team is unprofessional. How could they be, they have never done something like this before.
Also I can understand they will try to defend their investment and may not have been always 100% open (don't think they ever lied).
Communication is really open lately though.

I can understand you are disappointed, I can also understand you want to cancel your pre-order but I don't think your reasoning is based on facts.
Come on guys, I completely understand anyone cancelling at this point. To say Kyosys isn't basing his decision on facts, that's just not right. The facts are:
1. He paid over a year ago
2. Still hasn't received his unit
3. There have been many excuses, but no clear cut solutions
4. 90% of Openpandoras statements never happen as stated
5. Ect.
I can come up with plenty of facts, the most important ones being every delivery estimate has been wrong. Now you can blame hundreds of people, but at the end of the day, it is Openpandora who has to take the full blame for what has been going on! They accepted preorders, and didn't deliver in said time. Now they have no problem given refunds to anyone who doesn't want to wait, but lets not blame customers who have waited over a year, and still have nothing to show.

What bank would you allow to do that? NONE! What gaming company? NONE! What Vendor? NONE! So if someone wants to cancel, lets not beat them up, they where forced into that position, by situations out of there control. They didn't make promises, there where promised to! Let's remember that!

Now for me, I still don't mind the wait, but let's get real, how long can anyone keep hoping for something to happen, only to be disappointed week after week, month after month! It does get old, and at some point everyone here will get a refund, it will just be a matter of time.

Chris

Last edited by a moderator:
A delay or supplier doesn't keep up to some agreement doesn't make the OP team liars. The whole process smells like amateurism, but I really object to calling them liars or untrustworthy. Haven't seen facts to back that up and that was what I was referring to.

BTW. Madcad77 seems to know what he is talking about. Is the Chinese company ISO9001 certified?

Canceling an order makes perfect sense to me. Especially when waiting for 18 months and then see these new cases.

Personally I don't mind waiting a little longer, but not into the ridiculous. I mean, they once said it would "probably" be released in December 2008! I am pretty much blessed with patience, but if this thing doesn't get released this year then even I will call it quits.

Anyways, let's wait some more, shall we? :)

Vitel said:
. . . I'm literally tired of waiting.

Literally, huh? I know what you mean. I get sleepy when I'm waiting for stuff too. Unless I'm waiting with cup o' coffee in hand.

Zenbot said:
Vitel said:
. . . I'm literally tired of waiting.

Literally, huh? I know what you mean. I get sleepy when I'm waiting for stuff too. Unless I'm waiting with cup o' coffee in hand.
Maybe he's slowly turning into a treaded rubber wheel from all the waiting. A terrible disease and only the Pandora can cure it.

Perhaps he's been awake, clicking to refresh the page for the last year and half.

Nope, no more waiting for me, well until tomorrow at least! IF they give us option to have this mould then I will say yes, it was never gonna be a looker anyway, certainly weren't gonna walk down the street with it, so case colour not a massive worry for me, IF we don't get the option and case gets revised for two plus months then I will cancel , so either way it's a bit dissapointing but this saga has to end for me it's gone past the ridiculous!

Vitel said:
I have a few questions for you.
If I'm in the first batch and I'm literally tired of waiting. I want my pandora right now. But I don't want to use this crappy case all the time.
Will you send me pandora ASAP with this crappy case? Will it be possible to buy a "perfect" case when it's available? How much will it cost? Will you provide us with a manual for the case replacement?
Developers developers developers... where are you? Reply me please...

I for one would like my unit as soon as humanly possible.

As long as the clip works and the assembly people can clamp it shut, I dont mind half-ugly finish.

We desperately need to get these units into the hands of the people.

Send out an email and ask all preorderers to send a reply, if that reply is in the positive, order a half-finished case for that person
regardless of whether 500 or 5000 people want their units now or two months (R) from now. Just order as many cases as are requested by the people.

We need our pandys and soon!

Vitel said:

They have better things to do then sitting around F5ing the forums like the rest of us. They do respond and reply surprisingly often, but you can't expect them to answer the question we ARE ALL WONDERING until they hear from the factory and FIND OUT THE ANSWER.

Common sense goes a long way.

jumpman said:
Come on guys, I completely understand anyone cancelling at this point. To say Kyosys isn't basing his decision on facts, that's just not right.

{snip}

Now for me, I still don't mind the wait, but let's get real, how long can anyone keep hoping for something to happen, only to be disappointed week after week, month after month! It does get old, and at some point everyone here will get a refund, it will just be a matter of time.

Great post IMHO. Not many people seem able to be balanced, seeing both sides of the fence at the same time. Good to see you can, at least :)

b_o_b said:
The whole process smells like amateurism, but I really object to calling them liars or untrustworthy. Haven't seen facts to back that up and that was what I was referring to.

Personally, I tend to define someone as "trustworthy" if they are worth my trust i.e. if I can believe what they say, and what they say turns into what happens on a regular basis. If someone repeatedly tells me things will happen and they then do not, then I would not trust what they say - regardless of the cause of the repeated variation between what they say and actuality - as I could not rely, could not TRUST, that the next thing they told me would in fact turn out to be true.

When we ordered, we were told that the unit would ship within the next couple of months. That was in 2008, and we've had repeated half-promises since then - with both christmasses and July standing out for me (I don't bother paying attention to every forecast by OpenPandora, it's simply not worth the aggro).

Time and again we've heard phrases like, well - a frustrated ED saying "OK, what can POSSIBLY go wrong now then, tell me that?" when we mere customers were being too pessimistic and complaining that OP were being too optimistic. At least I replied tha tI don't know which of the many alternatives would be the next thing to go wrong (it would seem, offhand, ALL OF THEM!) but they have been consistently wrong, consistently overly optimistic. And that's ED! Talk about Craig and we're in a whole other ballpark.

So - are you saying that their word is good, that we should trust their statements - most of which are speculative and have, to date, mostly proven to be wrong?

Vitel said:
Sleeping? In Europe it is 11.50 PM

Vitel said:
Vitel said:
If I'm in the first batch and I'm literally tired of waiting. I want my pandora right now. But I don't want to use this crappy case all the time.
Will you send me pandora ASAP with this crappy case? Will it be possible to buy a "perfect" case when it's available? How much will it cost? Will you provide us with a manual for the case replacement?

This is not instant messaging, You honestly don`t expect a reply from a development team member 3 minutes after your original question, Do you ?.

Be a doctor, Have some patients. :rolleyes:

Trooper

Kyosys said:
Originally they said they would bundle the TV-out cable with the device for free, because they didn't like having to pay 15$ for a cable, we all saw what happened to that.

That still irks me. I was the first one to make a thread specifically asking if it would be included, and OP told me it was, and even gave the reasons why that was. "not rippin y'all like the big companies do for a $1 part" (paraphrased).

That said, I am still hanging on to my order. The money is not a huge issue for me, and getting it back would not do me much good. I am really disappointed, but I will just keep putting up with it.

Monk said:
So - are you saying that their word is good, that we should trust their statements - most of which are speculative and have, to date, mostly proven to be wrong?

You definitely have a point there, but I don't think their intentions are wrong/evil. That makes a difference to me. They just are a group of guys that have underestimated the job and are chronically optimistic (at least Craig is). I trust that they are trying to give us the product we want in the best quality as fast as they can.
That makes them trustworthy to me.

trooper said:
Vitel said:
Vitel said:

This is not instant messaging, You honestly don`t expect a reply from a development team member 3 minutes after your original question, Do you ?.

Be a doctor, Have some patients. :rolleyes:

Trooper
I know I know. I just want to attract a bit more attention to my questions. :)

Back