July Is Here - When Will It Be Released

aq21 said:
Monk said:
Pleng said:
SirAileron said:
Either way, it's not unreasonable, considering everything's a first-time estimate to begin with, and the fact that nothing ever goes smoothly without a fountain of magical endless money.

November 2008 was a first estimate.

I can't be bothered to count back how many estimates there have been since then, but I really don't see how July could have been considered a 'first estimate'.

It was the "first time" that Craig estimated July? ;)

So we only have 10 months to wait for the second estimate?

you wish !

Last edited by a moderator:
someone has been keeping track of craig's estimates in his sig. but i forget who it was lol

aq21 said:
Monk said:
Pleng said:
SirAileron said:
Either way, it's not unreasonable, considering everything's a first-time estimate to begin with, and the fact that nothing ever goes smoothly without a fountain of magical endless money.

November 2008 was a first estimate.

I can't be bothered to count back how many estimates there have been since then, but I really don't see how July could have been considered a 'first estimate'.

It was the "first time" that Craig estimated July?
wink.gif

So we only have 10 months to wait for the second estimate?

LOL - well, the second July estimate, possibly...

I hope Craig takes this gentle ribbinh in good heart :D

A few things have happened during my wait for the Pandora. Last year I started a new job, leaving my dead-end one for a future of much higher pay and almost unlimited progression. At the end of feb I was reluctantly made redundant due to the economic down-turn and spent the next few months desperately trying to find work, toying with the idea of declaring myself bankrupt and barely paying the bills. Then I found part-time work in April, pulling me out of the pool of diarrhea and wasps that I was in, but only slightly. Then someone very dear to me died. And now, I have a seven week old son.

It's been all over the place to say the least, and I think that the day my Pandora finally arrives on my doorstep, I'm probably going to violently insist that the postman has a glass of scotch with me and watches the sun set.

Sugar_Kane said:
A few things have happened during my wait for the Pandora. Last year I started a new job, leaving my dead-end one for a future of much higher pay and almost unlimited progression. At the end of feb I was reluctantly made redundant due to the economic down-turn and spent the next few months desperately trying to find work, toying with the idea of declaring myself bankrupt and barely paying the bills. Then I found part-time work in April, pulling me out of the pool of diarrhea and wasps that I was in, but only slightly. Then someone very dear to me died. And now, I have a seven week old son.

It's been all over the place to say the least, and I think that the day my Pandora finally arrives on my doorstep, I'm probably going to violently insist that the postman has a glass of scotch with me and watches the sun set.

Hear, Hear! And congratulations on the boy!

- Macguyver

sold said:
YES!
good news, mass prduction of the boards and cases will start soon.

Will the cases be put on the board in mass production, or does the pandora team have to do that?

And are you guys going to test everything of the boards? speakers, wifi, bluetooth.....

borgqueenx said:
sold said:
YES!
good news, mass prduction of the boards and cases will start soon.

Will the cases be put on the board in mass production, or does the pandora team have to do that?

And are you guys going to test everything of the boards? speakers, wifi, bluetooth.....

The mould still needs to be made, the cases + boards will be assembled in england. Seems like we're still a wee bit away from actual mass production. I think they will test everything including speakers wifi bt the works basically.

This is my humble abstraction from a lot of posts and may or may not relate to the reality

Monk said:
We... don't need that other 5% They were spare parts?

I think it's best to assume that they can produce a good number of complete Pandoras with the parts that they have, and they'll get the last 5% in while they're producing the first many. Remember that they have to produce the first 105 and test them all before they start the full production run - chances are that they have parts for 105 already, and that they'll get the rest by the time they give the final OK.

Vorporeal said:
I think it's best to assume

If CraigIX's posts have taught us nothing else, it should be to assume nothing (IMHO)!

You know what they say about assumptions. They make an ass out of you and...mptions...

No, they don't really say that, do they?

gp2.eXe said:
atomicthumbs said:
(also, whoever is pressing the "remove reputation" button on all of CraigIX's posts shouldn't do that. he is not deserving of -32 reputation)
It must be a script that lowers his rep by 1 every day that the Pandora is delayed... but don't worry Craig, there's only about 60 days in about two months. ;)

Awesome post ;)

Back