Here Is What Will Be Happening.

I was just having this discussion in another thread.
I was wondering if the 500 is how much the factory can make and ship out, or if it's still just sticking to the number from Friday when thought there was issues with the case?
Prior to Friday I thought they where going to push for more before CNY. But I could just be getting it wrong as I'm not on the boards, going through all the theads as much as I used to.

Yesterday I read a (IRC/ICQ?) quote on the German board from ED, saying that they want to produce as many as possible. Maybe they decided otherwise to be on the save side regarding checking the quality of the case first and/or be sure that at least some ship before CNY. The factory surely is busy right now and OP isn't their only customer.

That sounds like their really confident of the cases :lol:
So the 500 isn't just a bigger sample to them.
Just decided to fall back to the 500 to be sure to get them all. Wow it really is green light time.

Na-Noo said:
That sounds like their really confident of the cases :lol:
So the 500 isn't just a bigger sample to them.
Just decided to fall back to the 500 to be sure to get them all. Wow it really is green light time.
If the factory are confident that they will make great cases then they would be quite mad to stop the machines after 500 units when they can produce 1000 in a day. However they may not have time to ship all at once so we can hope that they will ship as many as they can before CNY. But since the delay has been so long I think that OP should consider paying some extra to get them to work a few extra days into the CNY so that all cases could be shipped.

Last edited by a moderator:
You shouldn't forget that setting up the machine takes time. They have to get the old material out, put in new material, heat it up properly, adjust the tool, the cooling system and crank out cases while tweaking the parameters till good cases come out. This might even take a whole day in a worst case.

Absolute best case, 20th Feb for 1st production units in the factory. Add in a couple of days testing, and shipping, and it's 1st March. By the time the 1st 500 have been cased and shipped, the factory in china will have shipped the rest of the cases.

Just out of interest, how do we put our names down for the first 500? I'm hoping to start developing as soon as possible and obviously I'd like my pandora to actually test on.
Sorry if this has already been answered but this thread is 44 pages long and I haven't read most of it!

chris_r said:
Just out of interest, how do we put our names down for the first 500? I'm hoping to start developing as soon as possible and obviously I'd like my pandora to actually test on.
Sorry if this has already been answered but this thread is 44 pages long and I haven't read most of it!
They'll be honouring the original sequence of orders now AFAIK.

chris_r said:
The first 500 will be shipped in the order received.

There is no list!

Chris

That's a shame because I think I was in the original 500 but when all those paypal issues happened I got put further back in the list to when I re-ordered. Oh well.
Thanks for the answers anyway guys.

Gruso said:
It should only be a matter of weeks between the first ones and last ones anyway. :)

Lets hope this is the case! I ordered in October... I am in that 3500-4000 range. I am taking a big motorcycle trip in May.... using a mix of helmet camera & photo camera to document... all in HD. I was hoping to use the Pandora to rip the footage off my SDHC cards each night onto one of those 1.8" USB drives for storage. Its perfect. If it had not come by May... I was going to have to buy several 32GB cards to carry me through the trip. This saves me some money :-D

I am very excited to finally get the pandora!

Back