July Is Here - When Will It Be Released

piercer

Still Fresh
So July is here - still says

"Create mould of final case (can be done once the case fits, takes 30 - 35 days)"

Is that before or after the boards are made.

Looks like its still a VERY long wait to see one of these things for real.

Next year maybe?

MWeston said:
The mold creation is the long 45 day process that will involve several reviews and tweaks but we are getting the mold company involved with this so that the time is used as efficiently as possible. We're not making anymore CNC/SLA prototypes ...

Based on these calculations, it looks like the end of August to start seeing fully assembled units and then shipping to customers in early September. ...
Let's hope this is the final "in two months" calculation

The latest update from MWeston, minus the boring parts.

How I read it:
The case is still the blocking factor for time, but they've said it's close enough to just go ahead with mold production and trust the plastic company to fix any problems on their own since they ARE a plastics company, and since communicating around the world is getting very tedious.

Last edited by a moderator:
Pleng said:
Two Months™

Fixed that for you ;)

But seriously? I'm hoping soon, but I don't think anyone has a solid idea. They keep saying two months, and we keep saying, yeah, that seems kinda realistic at this point, but it never is. But this time...!

Archaemic said:
Pleng said:
Two Months™

Fixed that for you ;)

But seriously? I'm hoping soon, but I don't think anyone has a solid idea. They keep saying two months, and we keep saying, yeah, that seems kinda realistic at this point, but it never is. But this time...!
Lol Two Months™ could be the Pandora's new motto.

Anyways I've been wondering what progress has actually been made in the last "two months". I'm honestly not sure if they really beleive two months or is it just said so that people won't be getting refunds. I was happy about this month because it meant that we only needed to wait 1 month more and we were actually closer to recieving our Pandora's meaning that progress was actually made. But MWeston's post ruined my good mood when he said Two more monthes because I really don't trust when anybody said's two months anymore.

Bosbeetle said:
july a nice month to be outside and not think about the pandora for a while, time passes quicker that way :)
Lol not in Australia. Litteraly about 50% of people are sick and the weather is very random at the moment.

We're in the "mainland" of the USA. It has been a crazy summer, it has rained 6 times as much as it did in last year's summer.
Oh well, I have school at the university, then I go back to high school in August..

nixonv.jpg

Kloplop321 said:
We're in the "mainland" of the USA. It has been a crazy summer, it has rained 6 times as much as it did in last year's summer.
Yeah! I love thunderstorms, and I just moved back to the midwest from Seattle at the start of spring, so it's been great.

But yeah, here was the post from MWeston in the big thread. Sounds like it really is still 2 months.

What bothers me is this. From the main page: "Create mould of final case (can be done once the case fits, takes 30 - 35 days)"
And from that post: "The mold creation is the long 45 day process..."

At least there won't be so much mailing back and forth to the plastics company now, but shouldn't that decrease the time estimate? Or has it turned out that even the plastics company is having a harder time than they expected with this little beast?

Oh well. My preorder was last year's birthday present to myself. There's still hope that I'll get the real thing for this year :p

i think this is what's left

have Dave be done with the case
send plans to molding company
create mold(s) ( the liquid cooled steel thing with ejecting pins )
create cases and have the molding company check them
assemble the pandoras ( i forget if they are doing it at the same place or not)
ship them to craig
test them
ship them

im practically guessing though

lulzfish said:
MWeston said:
The mold creation is the long 45 day process that will involve several reviews and tweaks but we are getting the mold company involved with this so that the time is used as efficiently as possible. We're not making anymore CNC/SLA prototypes ...

Based on these calculations, it looks like the end of August to start seeing fully assembled units and then shipping to customers in early September. ...
Let's hope this is the final "in two months" calculation

The latest update from MWeston, minus the boring parts.

How I read it:
The case is still the blocking factor for time, but they've said it's close enough to just go ahead with mold production and trust the plastic company to fix any problems on their own since they ARE a plastics company, and since communicating around the world is getting very tedious.

Well, I think the biggest mistake during development of Pandora was to put the Case at the very end of the Process. Well, it makes sense but more parallel-Development maybe results in faster Development. I still remember the "story" in the past, where the devs sayd, that the case itself will be the smallest problem of the entire Project and can be done within a few weeks...something like that AFAIK... :D :D :D
I always prayed not to put the final Case that far after the PCB development because I and we all know that there are ALWAYS problems and it is better to spot this problems as soon as possible.

OK, for "PANDORA 2" I hope, they can speed-up at least some things, for example, the already mentioned "around the world" shipping of parts is so incredible inefficient. ;)
If time really is money, the Pandora is indeed a very expencive thing. ^_^

you people are exactly the reason why companies don't like public investors and you reinforce it every day with your winning and crying and desperate pleads for an update. Craig tells you July the other month, and not 24 hours into July, ur asking 'where is it?' Dude, there are 31 days in July, and even if its not done by then, o well. if anyone thought that the process would be as short as originally projected, your naive. realize that when you give money to a company that doesn't have a product on the market that your an investor, not a consumer. your money is there to help create the device, not simply ship it to your door. creating something from scratch is a long hard process especially something like a cutting edge technical device that this aims to be. Yes, i understand its frustrating to be told over and over that its going to be a few more months but at least everyone here has seen spitting proof of its existence. its real and it works and everyone here knows that. look at how many tech gadget concepts and 3d models their were of similar products that took people's money and NEVER materialized? so don't complain because a group of developers who have NEVER done something on this scale before on there own are taking a while for there highly anticipated project to release. unfortunately at this point, it really may not matter how good or bad the pandora is anymore.... Why you ask? cause if the unit sucks then it just falls off the map pretty quickly instead of sticking around and expanding. if it succeeds (which i think it will) do you think the developers will want to follow it up with another unit? of course not! they dont need to be hounded about release dates and speculation that its a fraud again. nope, you've already burnt down that bridge folks. your bitting the hand that feeds you every single day posting stupid crap like this in the forum.

Edit: topic was started today not within first day of July my mistake, doesn't take away from the point though. =)

It should be made clear that the boards will be ready long before that, which we are willing to ship out first if you are willing to be careful with them and take responsibility for any breakages.

craigix said:
It should be made clear that the boards will be ready long before that, which we are willing to ship out first if you are willing to be careful with them and take responsibility for any breakages.

It's official, the cases will be ready before the boards.

Back