What's happening today

There's no one on this forum I'd mind having a beer with even though I might not agree with them always.

I'll remind you of that when I visit Amsterdam this year again ;P

I said that before I realised there are Germans on this board. :blink:

But since I've said it there's no turning back. Send me a PM when you're about to come this way and we'll set something up. :)

Hehe, don't worry - I'm the kind of german who cheers for oranje instead of germany :)

I for myself liked benji stein's posts. There were often times where I was unsure about some statements from Craigix and he always searched for the correct quotes and put them together although some of his posts grew very long. I do understand why some people here might dislike his comments but those people should use their ignore function instead of kicking benji stein from the whole board. It's sad to see that OP silences benji stein this way.

But this confirms my opinion that Craigix is good businessman but horrible as a PR person.

Well, he isn't "Kicked from the whole board". His ban is, as far as I can see, lifted. He has had some time in the naughty chair to ponder the expression "enough is enough" :)

You're out on a limb here again. First: "Follow the rules" - In what form does there exist any sort of "rules" for how companies should run their web sites? I try to find some sort of indications that you mean some "rules of thumb" or whatever, but you even say "The rules are there to protect the customers" which really implies that there are some sort of Boards of Trade (or similar) regulations for company websites? Surely you jest?
Actually after doing more research on this, it seems that companies currently follow the same rules on-line or off-line for this at the moment. As the pubs and shops in England say; they reserve the right not to serve someone if they don't want to. This could be about to change this year as the Office of Fair Trading and Trading Standards etc. start to bring in new laws to protect customers and freedom of speech on-line.

Someone could take a company to court for censoring or even bullying but it wouldn't be an easy win and there is no line of law to follow.

Second: You are talking about censorship, and referring to, I assume, Apples dislike of the discussions of their little antenna issues, eh? Well, that was, actually, censorship, in the way that (presumably) Apple employees deleted posts and whole threads that mentioned the fact that their spanky new phone actually was a bit rubbish in the actual phoning department. Now (and I double-checked this right now) - Here, no posts have been deleted or changed, as far as I can see. It is all still here. New prospective customers can, without hindrance, read the forums and read about positive and negative reactions. All of Mr B.S.s opinions are still on display. To call it censorship is doubtful - to do so in active comparison to what happened with the iPhone4 is (intentionally?) misleading.
If Craig had banned him; stopping someone from posting altogether is the ultimate form of censorship so I really don't see your point on this??

Take a look at the support forums. Take a look at loads of threads in this general talk forum, too. It must be quite obvious to you that there is no problem in voicing a negative opinion..
Really? is that why you've tried to make me out to be posting with intended malice at the bottom of your rant? Next thing I know you'll be trying to make me out to be a troll <_<

Third: "Craig banning this guy"? There are, as far as I can gather, two users with administrative privileges - EvilDragon and Gruso. Unless this is a specially hacked forum installation which has enabled secret, hidden mods, then he didn't. Did he "get" one of Gruso or ED to do it?..
You obviously have no idea how forums work. All users exist in the database and the forum reads the users out of this database as needed. Craig set up the forum and database. He has the login details for the database and can remove any users he wants to, whenever he wants to without touching the forum software at all.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back