Here Is What Will Be Happening.

craigix

Mega GP Mania
Website
twitter.com
Michael will make a video and take some photos of a cased Pandora using the latest case.

We will then ask people if they want to go with this or wait for another revision. We know all that some of you care about is that the controls work.

We will probably look at making 500 of these to get some units in to the wild, but we understand that some of you will want to wait until the case is 100%.

Either way is cool.

That's the plan.

Thanks Craig, look forward to seeing it.

[edit] Note to fellow bloggers, let's not rush this one to press. There's enough panic/excitement/speculation going on already. We'll wait for Michael's evaluation and take it from there.

Cheers Craig, that's definitely the best way to do it.

:) As far as I know I'm in the top 100 (OP Sales) so as long as the controls work fine and it's just an inperfection on the case (I'm blind as a bat anyways and will be looking closely at the screen and touch typing so like I care!) I'm happy to accept a slightly inperfect case :)

I look forward to seeing the case in photo, video form :)

Actually, while we have you Craig, what exactly is it that Michael found "not perfect" about the cases?

Really looking forward to this too. Some level of 'strangeness' might be fun, a sign of the first-batchers. But if the thing bends or doesn't close all the way or something... might have to wait another forever-months.

Nova said:
Actually, while we have you Craig, what exactly is it that Michael found "not perfect" about the cases?

I too am interested in this.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm interested in what the imperfection(s) were as well. I suppose we'll have to wait till the video for that, though.

If you do go with the "make 500 cases and send them off" route, would it make sense to see if people specifically want to volunteer to get the "non-finished" cases? On the off chance that some of the first 500 might want to wait until the cases are completely done?

Nova said:
If he'd wanted to tell us he would have.
(I know he has a tendency to be cryptic, but he can't possibly have left this out accidentally.)

He probably doesn't want to get us into a uninformed discussion when very soon we can have videos that show us exactly what the issues are.

Gruso said:
Guys, I think the idea is that Michael shows us the imperfections, rather than Craig having to describe them.

At the same time, I'd rather be told about them here as well. MWeston's camera is far from perfect, so some imperfections may not be shown.

wait, so those of us that ordered after the first 500 or so, will still have to wait longer? even if you decide to do a small production run? or will the spots in the queue that belong to the people in the first 500, that don't want a slightly lower quality case, be given to those of us who would be fine with receiving the slightly defective cases?

Man shes close to being born.Im gonna order a second pandora,if there are some from the 200 left.
If its pefect that nobody would really notice,then thats cool.Cos I intend to convince people to get this device.
Im stupidly physched.

Locri Epizephyrii said:
If you do go with the "make 500 cases and send them off" route, would it make sense to see if people specifically want to volunteer to get the "non-finished" cases? On the off chance that some of the first 500 might want to wait until the cases are completely done?
That's probably what he has in mind. He almost, but not quite, said that was the plan.

Nova said:
At the same time, I'd rather be told about them here as well. MWeston's camera is far from perfect, so some imperfections may not be shown.
If there's a video, presumably MWeston will be talking while he shows off what went wrong. (And what went right! Let's not forget that!)

These cases are like the ugly girlfriend who does all the dirty stuff you like but someone you don't want your friends to see.

The case fits, is totally functional and sturdy but it looks like the rev2 ones. I don't know what the hell they were doing the past two months. Seriously.

I'm also trying to find out if these were made from recycled plastic or new pellets. Maybe that is why it still has rough edges and a greasy finish and a production run will be done differently.

Back