Gp2x Community Game Contest: Community Favorite Poll

Which Game from the GP2x Community Game Contest did you like the best?

• Airplyr

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Altitude

• Bare Fist Fighter

• Cardmaster

• Crapong

• Crossroads

• Grow

• GoitGeePee

• Laser2x

• Squares

• Stairway to Heaven

• Total voters

Status
Not open for further replies.
They could do that anyway. A set date may get more people to bother to vote.
Right, I could put myself in first place within minutes, but why bother, the community seems to like the game, that's cool, the game will go to 4th place no matter Laser2x or BFF wins and I doubt that any other game will catch up but well, your choice certainly.

Last edited by a moderator:
if you want to win this Poll, Pm me and ill send you my paypal account then you stick 200 quid in it wink wink and then well you know... ill make things happen wink wink wink say no more.

I don't understand why BFF did not win the actual big money contest...what are the judges smoking? :wacko:
And how pathetic is it that only 2 judges reviewed all the games...I demand that the other judges votes get counted even if they didn't review every single game, or just revote with a more reliable panel of judges. :angry:
Anyway, BFF seems to be one of the few games that followed the rules of the contest and is TRULY ORIGINAL to the GP2X. gp32_console It also literally kicks ass in its visuals, when most of the other games have only colored circles, squares, and lines moving on the screen...I'm mean come on people, get with the freakin' program! (pun definitely intended...) :lol:
At the very least, this guy should win the community favorite and that's why I voted for him. ^_^

ab1234 posted on Feb 1 2007 at 05:33 AM said:
I don't understand why BFF did not win the actual big money contest...what are the judges smoking? :wacko:
And how pathetic is it that only 2 judges reviewed all the games...I demand that the other judges votes get counted even if they didn't review every single game, or just revote with a more reliable panel of judges. :angry:
Anyway, BFF seems to be one of the few games that followed the rules of the contest and is TRULY ORIGINAL to the GP2X. gp32_console It also literally kicks ass in its visuals, when most of the other games have only colored circles, squares, and lines moving on the screen...I'm mean come on people, get with the freakin' program! (pun definitely intended...) :lol:
At the very least, this guy should win the community favorite and that's why I voted for him. ^_^
The animation was terribly choppy, those were pre-rendered images and theres more too a good game than graphics you know!

ab1234 posted on Feb 1 2007 at 06:33 AM said:
Hello and welcome to this forum, this certainly was a good first posting, bashing left and right, basically telling people that their games are shit and just dishing out some: OMFG why are your games so bad. Please go and die.

ab1234 posted on Feb 1 2007 at 12:33 AM said:

First I am glad that you like my game so well but the judging was not the fault of the coordinators the judges bailed on them and they were left with only 2 judges and that is what they had to work with I mean even one of the contest coordinators bailed on him so he was left to do everything by himself. While I do agree that only 2 judges does not represent a community vote that is all there was to work with at the time and I thank PSyMastR for doing the best he could giving what he had to work with! I mean come on if it wasn't for PSyMastR there wouldn't even have been any games for you to play at all so just enjoy the games and have fun. ;)

So to PSyMastR if you read this I once again thank you for creating this contest and I hope you do it again next year. :)

sam fisher posted on Feb 1 2007 at 02:51 AM said:
The animation was terribly choppy, those were pre-rendered images and theres more too a good game than graphics you know!

Come on sam how can you say that my game was terribly choppy! The game has over 700 frames of animation. There might have been a few animaitons with less frames but to say it was terribly choppy is kinda an insult. :(

Anyway to everyone out there just enjoy the games please if you like a certain game vote for it if not don't and keep negative remarks to yourself because if it wasn't for the great devs here you wouldn't have any games to play. enuff said!

I didn't mean to be too offensive. I'm just overly critical and biased. I am used to playing games at 60FPS on PC and such, hence I tend to overly notice change in the amount of animation.

sam fisher posted on Feb 1 2007 at 05:02 PM said:
I didn't mean to be too offensive. I'm just overly critical and biased. I am used to playing games at 60FPS on PC and such, hence I tend to overly notice change in the amount of animation.
Its funny, I'm used to playing things at just over 15fps on my PC... Yes I still notice the difference between frames, you just kind of get used to a jerky world after a while - there's a pun here if you look real close...

Anyway - Come On Laser2x!! Well executed, very playable, and I remember the PC Dos version - no, wait, I still have it..

Not that barefist fighter wasn't really well done too... just not into fighting games so much. Maybe even better than Laser2x on a technical level...

sam fisher posted on Feb 1 2007 at 12:02 PM said:

Ok thats cool just to let you know that BFF runs at 110fps the lowest that it drops in frame rate is the high 90FPS.

BFF is not choppy, great game. I guess Sam got punched in the face too many times by Jabber Joe and was not thinking clearly.

Talking purely about the graphics:

I thought the title screen when the ring was spinning was extremely choppy. The rest wasn't too 'choppy' as such, but it wasn't particularly fluid (regardless of how fast it was actually running, it looked less than 30 FPS) and the rendered images don't look too great around the edges.

Aside from the lack of frames in the animations and the edges, the 3D renders looked fine (though I personally am not a great fan of the style), but the menu/bar/text/credits etc. looked quite tacky. Some work in this area would make a huge amount of difference, and the game could look really nice in time.

Orkie posted on Feb 1 2007 at 10:34 PM said:
Talking purely about the graphics:

I thought the title screen when the ring was spinning was extremely choppy. The rest wasn't too 'choppy' as such, but it wasn't particularly fluid (regardless of how fast it was actually running, it looked less than 30 FPS) and the rendered images don't look too great around the edges.

Aside from the lack of frames in the animations and the edges, the 3D renders looked fine (though I personally am not a great fan of the style), but the menu/bar/text/credits etc. looked quite tacky. Some work in this area would make a huge amount of difference, and the game could look really nice in time.

If this was a professional game and you had to pay for it, i'd say you have two points there (the ring spinning and the menu part)
But this was for a contest, so I don't think you shouldn't judge it like that. The game itself (and that's the most important part) was very good (graphics + gameplay). Next to Alex's Airplyr the game I play most of the CGC.

B)-->
b._.o._.b said:
But this was for a contest, so I don't think you shouldn't judge it like that. The game itself (and that's the most important part) was very good (graphics + gameplay). Next to Alex's Airplyr the game I play most of the CGC.
No, you should judge it for what it is. Just because it wasn't commerical doesn't mean it shouldn't be improved. Also, the game being good is very subjective, I find it quite dull.

Orkie posted on Feb 1 2007 at 10:53 PM said:
No, you should judge it for what it is. Just because it wasn't commerical doesn't mean it shouldn't be improved. Also, the game being good is very subjective, I find it quite dull.

Every opinion is subjective. I think that every piece of work that's for free should be treated as presents. It's also a matter of decency and appreciation for the effort that is done. If it is bad I won't say it's good, but you will never see me saying a free game being dull or bad. That's not very supportive for people that spend hours of their free time to give this community something worthwhile.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back