Gp2x Community Game Contest: Community Favorite Poll

Which Game from the GP2x Community Game Contest did you like the best?

• Airplyr

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Altitude

• Bare Fist Fighter

• Cardmaster

• Crapong

• Crossroads

• Grow

• GoitGeePee

• Laser2x

• Squares

• Stairway to Heaven

• Total voters

Status
Not open for further replies.
22 vs. 22? I like that, what if we call it quits and give the game to Alex and his excellent Airplay?

22 vs. 22? I like that, what if we call it quits and give the game to Alex and his excellent Airplay?

I already said that if I won I wanted to give the game to him beacause I already won the game by winning second place in the contest boy all of your fans must have been asleep I remember when I have 20 votes and you only had 11 now no one else got any votes but lazer2x and I pickup a few more. The votes that I got from everyone really makes me happy that the community really liked my game the best and not just from 2 judges this to me is the real community vote because it is the community voting and I thank everyone for your votes I am working really hard on new games for the GP2X and hope to get them out soon!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
No offense, but you sound a bit up yourself with that last post :S

Nagelfar was just proposing that the game be donated WHOEVER of you two won.

What do you me by "No offense, but you sound a bit up yourself with that last post :S" I was just stating my opion about how it made me feel good that I got that many votes and I alreay said that I want to donate the game to the next person in line that worked hard on this contest!

I already said that if I won I wanted to give the game to him beacause I already won the game by winning second place in the contest boy all of your fans must have been asleep I remember when I have 20 votes and you only had 11 now no one else got any votes but lazer2x and I pickup a few more. The votes that I got from everyone really makes me happy that the community really liked my game the best and not just from 2 judges this to me is the real community vote because it is the community voting and I thank everyone for your votes I am working really hard on new games for the GP2X and hope to get them out soon!!!

I'm flattered and actually moved by your generosity :) Thank you both very much, I don't know what else to say!

- Alex

I'm flattered and actually moved by your generosity :) Thank you both very much, I don't know what else to say!

- Alex

I thought your game was very good and deserve to get some credit I really loved the artstyle! :D

I believe by the rules the community prize goes to the people who don't win a main prize?
EDIT: Bah, I'm sure that WAS a rule.

I believe by the rules the community prize goes to the people who don't win a main prize?
EDIT: Bah, I'm sure that WAS a rule.
Its up to the winner of this poll to decide what to do with his/her prize. So, they could if they want give it to the next in line if they wanted. But its entirely up to them.

Yeah I totally had forgotten about the poll, I thought it was long over, especially seeing you were way in front from the beginning and I was just wondering why I hadn't received any word about the result, coming back here to a beautiful 22 vs. 22 tie and reading your message about giving the game to 4th place which I totally support.

So, what is the new stuff you're working on, I'm curious :) Considering all your releases you already should have a nice framework, for animation handling and everything, right?

Yeah I totally had forgotten about the poll, I thought it was long over, especially seeing you were way in front from the beginning and I was just wondering why I hadn't received any word about the result, coming back here to a beautiful 22 vs. 22 tie and reading your message about giving the game to 4th place which I totally support.

So, what is the new stuff you're working on, I'm curious :) Considering all your releases you already should have a nice framework, for animation handling and everything, right?

I have a very nice complete engine setup. I just finished my graphic streaming engine which I am slowly switching it over to ARM which finally frees me from the limited memory of the GP2X. I have been incorporating it into my game Salvaria which has a dragon that has over 200mb of graphical data but I only need to set up a buffer of 225kb to stream from the sd card to system memory (kinda like the neogeo and cps2 emulators do) and I still am getting 100+ fps. I am working on a fighting game maker, first person racing game, a couple of side scrolling games and a new rpg. If everything keeps going right I will have demos to download soon. I know that at least 2 of my games are going to be commerical games.

Also I wanted to congratulate you on your game. Very impressive for the first java based game keep it up!

I have a very nice complete engine setup. I just finished my graphic streaming engine which I am slowly switching it over to ARM which finally frees me from the limited memory of the GP2X. I have been incorporating it into my game Salvaria which has a dragon that has over 200mb of graphical data but I only need to set up a buffer of 225kb to stream from the sd card to system memory (kinda like the neogeo and cps2 emulators do) and I still am getting 100+ fps. I am working on a fighting game maker, first person racing game, a couple of side scrolling games and a new rpg. If everything keeps going right I will have demos to download soon. I know that at least 2 of my games are going to be commerical games.

Also I wanted to congratulate you on your game. Very impressive for the first java based game keep it up!

Can't wait to see a salvaria demo, your games always look great. Do you have any time estimates as to when anything playable will come out for salvaria or the fighting game maker? First person racer also sounds cool, the gp2x needs more racing games.

Can't wait to see a salvaria demo, your games always look great. Do you have any time estimates as to when anything playable will come out for salvaria or the fighting game maker? First person racer also sounds cool, the gp2x needs more racing games.

The demo for Salvaria is set for march as for the other games could be next month depends on how much time I have to get them finished. Thanks for the nice coment.

Thx for the compliment, likewise :)

I can't imagine the amount of time you put into this, how many hours a day are you working on all that? Do you have a job, perhaps, is this your job or how do you manage to do this?

What do you use to code, C++?

Thx for the compliment, likewise :)

I can't imagine the amount of time you put into this, how many hours a day are you working on all that? Do you have a job, perhaps, is this your job or how do you manage to do this?

What do you use to code, C++?

I am a martial arts instructor / computer programmer I spend about 4-6hrs a day working on my code.
I have between 8:00am to 3:00pm everyday to work on my code because that is the time my childern are at school and I am free to do what I want because I teach class at night.

I am a martial arts instructor / computer programmer I spend about 4-6hrs a day working on my code.
I have between 8:00am to 3:00pm everyday to work on my code because that is the time my childern are at school and I am free to do what I want because I teach class at night.
Nice, I'm a programmer myself but I work for 8hours a day so unfortunatly I can't put as much time into it :(

Nice, I'm a programmer myself but I work for 8hours a day so unfortunatly I can't put as much time into it :(
I hate to ask again but when will this be closed :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back