Gp2x Community Game Contest: Community Favorite Poll

Which Game from the GP2x Community Game Contest did you like the best?

• Airplyr

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Altitude

• Bare Fist Fighter

• Cardmaster

• Crapong

• Crossroads

• Grow

• GoitGeePee

• Laser2x

• Squares

• Stairway to Heaven

• Total voters

Status
Not open for further replies.
ill have a new release of Squares in the nearish future which will fix some minor bugs and add some new features including 4 player support via usb joysticks, you could in theory have 6 player but theres too much going on screen at once to be playable.

dont forget, a vote for squares is a vote for a better game! the more votes i get the more time i will spend on it ;)

id guess the only rule is not signing up again to get another vote (which i havent done) but posting about the compo on my site is fair game? doubt it will work though, they are a bunch of lazy feckers.

Am I the only one who voted for Grow?! I thought that was a fantastic base for what could possibly be the best gp2x homebrew game. Sure, it doesn't have much to it yet but it definitely deserves more votes than Stairway to Heaven.

Next in line would be altitude, I think that was by far the best completed game in the contest.

How does Stairway have 6 votes? Is someone cheating or are people just stupid? Even crapong is better...

Am I the only one who voted for Grow?! I thought that was a fantastic base for what could possibly be the best gp2x homebrew game. Sure, it doesn't have much to it yet but it definitely deserves more votes than Stairway to Heaven.

Next in line would be altitude, I think that was by far the best completed game in the contest.

How does Stairway have 6 votes? Is someone cheating or are people just stupid? Even crapong is better...
eh he he, of course crapong is better! It's purposely crap!

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't understand how grow is a base of a game. Maybe I'm just not getting it.
It sounds like I'm the only one getting it.... either that or I'm crazy. It has a great concept and, if a level system, scoring system, and possible items were added it would be great. It has such a great feel to it... yeah, maybe I'm just crazy. Either way, I'd like to get my hands on the source code if that's possible... how can I contact Josh Mattoon?

It sounds like I'm the only one getting it.... either that or I'm crazy. It has a great concept and, if a level system, scoring system, and possible items were added it would be great. It has such a great feel to it... yeah, maybe I'm just crazy. Either way, I'd like to get my hands on the source code if that's possible... how can I contact Josh Mattoon?
The minigame project version was far superior.

The minigame project version was far superior.
It is more complete, but definitely not superior.

Orkie, I don't know what the hell you're on about... I suppose there aren't any rules so really no way to cheat, but I find it hard to believe that 6 people honestly thought yours was the best. Can't people make ethical decisions without rules to guide them?

EDIT: I'm not trying to bash anyone in any way, sorry if it seems that way.

You succesfully unintentionally bashed me, but thats allright, I only made the game to win masses of money if noone entered. To be fair, crapong is slightly better as I spent 5 minutes on it, Orkie only have 2 mins, and stair way to heaven is a good rival. If he had had a full 5 minutes, who knows what he could have produced!

You succesfully unintentionally bashed me, but thats allright, I only made the game to win masses of money if noone entered. To be fair, crapong is slightly better as I spent 5 minutes on it, Orkie only have 2 mins, and stair way to heaven is a good rival. If he had had a full 5 minutes, who knows what he could have produced!
Actually, considering you called it "crapong", I had no expectations at all and found it to be surprisingly good! However, surprisingly good still wasn't much fun :p . It only really had 1 or 2 problems with it, besides being yet another pong game.

BTW, is that movie in your sig any good? It looks interesting, I think I may download it.

Orkie, I don't know what the hell you're on about... I suppose there aren't any rules so really no way to cheat, but I find it hard to believe that 6 people honestly thought yours was the best. Can't people make ethical decisions without rules to guide them?
If you must know, I went through everybody I'd talked to lately on the IRC channel and reminded them that they may want to vote for me ;) My success rate wasn't too great though - about 25% :D

It wasn't going to be my entry really, but I had a hard drive failure a week before the deadline so my proper game wasn't complete - Stairway to Heaven is what I could manage in a few minutes :).

I'm quite happy to see Laser2x up there in 2nd place, thx to all that voted for it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back