Gmenu2x V0.6 Released

johnz1 posted on Sep 27 2006 at 03:41 AM said:
Anybody got OpenBOR to work with selector?
The OpenBOR readme mentions the parameter "-pak file.pak"

Here's what I've tried:
params=-pak "[selPath][selFile][selExt]"
selectordir=/mnt/sd/Games/beats_of_rage/
selectorfilter=.PAK

and

params=-pak "[selFile][selExt]"
selectordir=/mnt/sd/Games/beats_of_rage/
selectorfilter=.PAK

Anyone get this to work?

Thanks

maybe without the quotes? -pak [selFile].pak ? but i don't know for i don't use OpenBOR

Last edited by a moderator:
michu posted on Sep 26 2006 at 11:12 PM said:
i think i discovered a bug.. when no games are added to the games section (new installation) and you press b -> crash!
Yeah, I know. It's already been fixed for next release.

Has anyone got an Amiga, Spectrum and C64 Icons?

Wicked menu been menu to use it for a while but got round to it finally it's awesome.....

Gareth

Not a bug as such (as it relates to default behaviour of any VFAT file rename), but perhaps nice to workaround the issue where if you rename "games" for example to "Games" the rename silently fails. Might be nice to check if the filename is effectively the same (but with differing case) and perform the rename via a temporary folder name?

i.e. renaming games --> Games would actually perform the following renames...

games --> games_tmp_gmenu2x (or something similar) --> Games

Just my 2p on what is otherwise a great tool :)

Tony

any chance of a small quick fix release for the bug in spaces in file/directory names? doesnt have to be a news post or anything... anyone fancy compiling the svn for me?

DialTone posted on Sep 28 2006 at 07:42 PM said:
Not a bug as such (as it relates to default behaviour of any VFAT file rename), but perhaps nice to workaround the issue where if you rename "games" for example to "Games" the rename silently fails.
I hate FAT!
Added to my TODO list.

Paradox posted on Sep 28 2006 at 07:59 PM said:
any chance of a small quick fix release for the bug in spaces in file/directory names? doesnt have to be a news post or anything... anyone fancy compiling the svn for me?
If you can wait till the weekend, I'll release 0.7

Because I'm such a great guy, I went ahead and made a SNES screen pack as well.

Goodsnes 2.04 names. US roms. 160x145 pngs. 744 images.

http://www.sendmefile.com/00467868

Ryo, feel free to link to these downloads on your site if you wish.

Also, does DrMD, Picodrive, or Vobbo's emu support command line for gmenu?

EDIT: I noticed a small mistake in that actraiser 1 was spelled 'act raiser' instead of 'actraiser.' I just changed the link above to fix the problem. Hopefully there's not more where that came from...

wow. very super on the snes pack!

now all i need is the subdir ability in the wrapper and i'm set =)

oh. and a small suggestion, what about the ability to add a black 1 pixel border around the "Selection color" bar? with my MK2 it's hard to see the difference between similar colours background+similar colour selection colour.

naples: if your thinking of making a MD / PCE screenpack, and you do, you will be my hero!

naples39 posted on Sep 27 2006 at 11:50 PM said:
Okay, it took me a few days, but I put together a screenshot pack for NES. 788 games, generally only US. 160x145, png format, goodnes 3.1 names. I did not include dupe names, so if you don't see a screenshot for a game, use a the most generic U name for it instead.

http://rapidshare.de/files/34689146/NESscreens.zip.html

I'm having trouble downloading the NES image pack, does anyone have it hosted elsewhere?

SNES pack looks great though!

EDIT: Sorry, just being impatient, installing it now! Cheers...

Ryo,

I have noticed that screen shots for selector currently are case sensitive. Can this changed in future releases? Causing some issues with my snes pack among other things.

Hi, just been playing around with your excellent menu...

My suggestions:

auto linker is a great idea, but it would be great if it could do some basic sorting into games and apps.

After it finds the links, it could give people a selector to tag each gpe as an app (else it goes in games by default). And/or, your program could come with a small database that has preloaded ids in it: for example if it found a tetris.gpe it would suggest that it is a game, not an app. There should also be an option when scanning to ignore gpes that don't have little icons.

Good luck,
Luke

I've been playing with every update of this excellent app. Thanks Ryo!

I've just been reading this thread about ram timings and it strikes me that a lot of people might be a little apprehensive about playing with these kind of settings.
I was just thinking that implenting a kind 'improve RAM timings' setting GMenu, sending these timings to the overclock code, might mean that more people could benefit from the potential speed increase without having to get too involved with scripting and trial/error. Do you think this might be a worthy future feature?

might be worth waiting for the benfits to be more fully understood..

Cheers ;)

you mean automatically use Craigix ram timings in gmenu? i just added them to the cpuspeed.sh script, so that they apply every time I launch an app using overclocking

Back