Gmenu2x V0.7 Released

Press select, and choose edit link, then look for the PSX icon, it's somewhere in the GMenu2x folder on your SD Card, if not, then download any 32 x 32 PNG icon that has the PSX on it, or make a custom 1, it should work. Hehe, I've used my own PNG icons for emulators and games that don't have any, and it works fine.

Hi all,

First, Ryo, thanks for this version it is really great.

I think I found a bug related to usb connectivity (i.e. "usb on" and "usb off"). When I use them, gp2x seems to connect to the computer, and whatever change I do in there seems to register, but as soon as I disconnect, everything reverts back to normal. For example, I can change the name of a folder or copy something to sd but when I disconnect I find out that the name of the folder did not change and the copied files are nonexistent.

I use FW 2.1, Gmenu 0.7 and I have installed the files sbock has prepared [thanks a lot for those, sbock!] Before you ask, my SD filesystem is intact: Doing all things mentioned above works correctly if I connect using the system tab of the original menu.

I don't use usb so I haven't tested it too much but I received feedback stating that everything works fine.
I don't know if it's something new related to fw2.1.
Maybe it's just a sync problem. Try changing scripts/usboff.sh to this:
Code:
#!/bin/bash
sync
rmmod g_file_storage
rmmod net2272

Also, do you unmount the device from the pc before turning usb off?

Ryo posted on Oct 30 2006 at 07:17 PM said:
I don't use usb so I haven't tested it too much but I received feedback stating that everything works fine.
I don't know if it's something new related to fw2.1.
Maybe it's just a sync problem. Try changing scripts/usboff.sh to this:
Code:
#!/bin/bash
sync
rmmod g_file_storage
rmmod net2272

Also, do you unmount the device from the pc before turning usb off?

Thanks Ryo, I'll try that and I'll keep you informed.

I normally unmount devices before turning usb off, but I also tried directly turning usb off. No difference here.

Last edited by a moderator:
Could someone please explain how to set up the selector to load pwads into PRboom? There was a post about it a while ago, but I couldn't get it to work.

gokalp posted on Oct 30 2006 at 01:54 PM said:
Hi all at

First at Ryo at thanks for this version it is really great.

I think I found a bug related to usb connectivity (i.e. "usb on" and "usb off"). When I use them, gp2x seems to connect to the computer, and whatever change I do in there seems to register, but as soon as I disconnect, everything reverts back to normal. For example, I can change the name of a folder or copy something to sd but when I disconnect I find out that the name of the folder did not change and the copied files are nonexistent.

I use FW 2.1, Gmenu 0.7 and I have installed the files sbock has prepared [thanks a lot for those, sbock!] Before you ask, my SD filesystem is intact: Doing all things mentioned above works correctly if I connect using the system tab of the original menu.

I've had the same thing happen... I moved about 100MB of data from my desktop to the GP2X using USB and when I restarted the files were all missing from my desktop (as would be expected) but also on the GP2X as well as all icons edited reverting back to what they were. Also, the free space on the SD card reflected the new data but nothing showed on the disk. Did you notice if your free space lessened when you installed files that you couldn't see after a restart?

I've had the same thing happen... I moved about 100MB of data from my desktop to the GP2X using USB and when I restarted the files were all missing from my desktop (as would be expected) but also on the GP2X as well as all icons edited reverting back to what they were. Also, the free space on the SD card reflected the new data but nothing showed on the disk. Did you notice if your free space lessened when you installed files that you couldn't see after a restart?

Yes, I though I saw that but I was not sure. I checked again and indeed I have reduced free space. However it is weird that it does not manifest itself as an error in sd card system or that it does not show up in scandisk.

I've had that problem and boy it is annoying. At the moment I just exit gmenu2x and use the frontend version, althought I think I get the same problem there, not to the extent as gmenu2x.

The website is down so I have no idea how to use this. :( Please put them up again!

Typical, I get some spare time to setup Gmenu2x :) , download it :) , instructions say goto site and it is not there :eek: .

Is it down temporary. Hope it is back later in the week, I am going away for a few days with no internet access and looked forward to playing with the settings in the evenings.

I really think that the advanced instructions that are on the site should be put in the readme with gmenu2x...

That is the sourceforge project page, not the website. The advanced instructions are only on the website cause I wanted to avoid having to update the instructions on multiple locations (I'm lazy).
I'll include them in next release.

How's this project going along?
I have a little problem... I don't know what's wrong but I can't seem to start standard GP2X applications - from the NAND that is.
I can start the Movie Player, but if I try and start the Music Player the screen just flashes black (with a cursor visible in the top-left) and then goes back to the main GP2Xmenu screen.

The PhotoViewer and EBookReader do not even show up in the Applications section... From looking in the NAND I think that might be because they are no longer in the same place as they used to be, although I have no idea where they actually are... I swear they start differently from the default GP2Xmenu now anyway, as the screen doesn't flash black at all when you go onto them from the default menu..

I am using Firmware 2.1.1, and all of these programs work absolutely fine on there if I exit from gmenu2x and run them from the default menu... hm...

You are on the right track... FW 2.1 changed how these internal apps run. They now use commandline switches... They were posted (I think earlier in thi s very thread...) But yes you currently have to fix the links yourself.

If you are still stuck by the time I'm back from uni, I'll rummage for the values from my link files :)

Back