Gmenu2x V0.6 Released

ryosaeba

Certified Guru
Website
mtorromeo.github.com
Finally GMenu2X 0.6 is ready. This took some time (that I didn't have) but there are more changes than usual.

Menu-0.6.png

Link scanner
It is very basic at the moment.
It can take some time to scan through large filesystems but it never crashed on my tests so just wait a little...
It puts the links in 2 new sections: "found gpe" for games and "found gpu" for applications, then you can move them around by editing them.

Selector
If you specify a selector dir, then gmenu2x will show you a list of files found in that dir matching an optional filter, and when one of those files is selected, it will be launched with that link's app.
It also features screenshots.
Look at the docs on the website for details.

Menu-0.6-selector.png

UsbNet, FTP, Telnet, Samba & Web server
Now GMenu2X will start this services on boot as configured in the original frontend.
There are also some icons in the "tray" showing which services are configured to be started on boot.
It's not yet possible to configure the services from gmenu2x, you have to go to the official menu for now...

As usual downloads are available on the project website, where you can also find the updated documentation.
Full list of changes follows...

Menu-0.6-options.png

New in 0.6
Implemented link scanner
Added options to links for using a selector with them
Initial support for usbnet, ftp, telnet, samba and web server
Battery led indicates disk writes (don't turn the gp2x off while the led is on)
L = PageUp, R = PageDown in lists
Raised maximum hardcoded clock to 325Mhz and default gmenu2x clock to 100Mhz
Improved virtual keyboard
Sorting functions are now case unsensitive (filebrowser, dirdialog, selector)
Wrapper script removed and fixed a related bug (wrapper function is still available)
Link's section changeable
All link's features are configurable from the interface
Battery indicator refined
File selector starts from /mnt instead of /mnt/sd
Fixed support for fonts of different size

Mmmm.. Tasty.

I'm guessing you can't make a select thingy with the menu yet, or can you?

Bug! When browsing folders for section stuff, it doens't show folder/file icons or text, only a highlight thing.

Edit: Also, the selection thing is rather off, the highlight thing goes a bit to the right and down too much.

PokeParadox posted on Sep 23 2006 at 06:45 PM said:
You have to delete the config file.

I had the same problem
Didn't solve any of the two problems.

Last edited by a moderator:
Even after that update, my selector icon is still off! It's top left corner is placed "on top" of the middle of an icon! Also, it uses the PNG selector from an old release....

The png selector is used if "imgs/selection.png" is present.
Is the bug you are talking about happening when using the png?
I'll test the png because I can't see any misplaced selections...

Edit: Ok, I've seen it now, didn't test the selection.png and I didn't think it could have been broken. Fixing it now...

Ah, removing the selection.png file did the trick. Now it's back to what I wanted it to be. :)

Packages updated again. Sorry for the inconvenience...

I forgot to add in the first post that the selector has been tested with the following emulators: Mame, PicoDrive, Race!, SquidgeSnes and GpFCE.
Mame and SquidgeSnes need particular configuration (see included examples).

It would be nice to see screenpacks for this emulators available for download, the mame screenpack works fine.

Back