Gmenu2x V0.7 Released

ive noticed something.....

when changing the top bar, bottom bar, and selection colours it doesnt seem to want to save the settings. when i restart the gp2x it goes back to the same as it was before.....this also happens when renaming shortcuts. ive renamed DrMDv5b7 to sega, and when its rebooted it changes back to default. have i got to do something special to get it to save?

thanks peeps :)

Your sd filesystem is probably damaged. When this happens, linux mount it in readonly mode, so gmenu2x cannot save onto it.
Copy all of its contents on your pc, the reformat it and try again.

aaaaah! thanks ryo, ive reformatted it now, just gotta check if it works ok. cheers :)

I'de like to request a feature. Now that 2.1 is out, and you did that whole selection with the music player thingy built into gmenu2x, is it possible to navigate into subdirectories as well. As my music is in /sd/music and there is only one mp3 file in that folder, so it only shows that but in /sd/music/bandname there are songs as well, but it wont allow me to navigate them. I was just wondering if you would ever add in a sub-folder browse from a set folder feature anytime soon. Thanks again.

Rest reassured. I'm already working on that.
Releases are taking longer than before because I don't have all the time I had before to work on int but I'll release sooner or later :)

Ryo posted on Oct 21 2006 at 08:04 PM said:
Rest reassured. I'm already working on that.
Releases are taking longer than before because I don't have all the time I had before to work on int but I'll release sooner or later :)
Take your time. Im just glad that you made this awesome menu. Im currently skinning my 2x and the gmenu to look the same, so when I do settings calls and stuff it looks the same :)

Last edited by a moderator:
jbrodack posted on Oct 22 2006 at 09:49 AM said:
could you add a skin selector for gmenu2x in a future version. great work on the menu. I only use the official gph menu for a few things now like tv out and deleting folders or whatever.
You can use gp2xmenu command line switches to load the File Explorer in gmenu2x now so no need to drop back to the default menu for deleting folderes anymore :)

Yeah, this is really helpful for those that needed to change settings often.
BTW if you manage to create I nice skin that integrates well with gmenu2x I would be interested in seeing it.

Nice job, Ryo. Still busy making use of all the features, great fun!

One issue I noticed was a "crash" after uploading an empty icon file (I didn't know at the time)
The usb tranfer of one icon "OutcaST.png" was probably disturbed and resulted in a damaged file. After selecting section games gmenu2x went black and I couldn't get into the normal menu. Even an on/off procedure wasn't succesfull.

I've got a pda so I could rename the autorun.gpu on my sd-card. After some serious thinking :) I concluded the error had to be the result of the 0 kb icon. Deleted the file and indeed everything was fine again.
Nothing major, and very easy to solve (if you know where to look) If it's not much work to prevent this from happening, you might take a look at it.

Ryo, Im just wondering if you ever fixed that spaces in directories/file names bug. (For roms and programs)

Also, after I run the payback demo, and then I exit, it will sometimes not go back to gmenu2x, it will freeze, but it shows the arrow on the top left, so it means that it is loading gmenu2x when the freeze happens.

Hallo.

I made a little patch to use gmenu2x under firmware 2.1.0 for people who don't want to hassle with the command line prameter.
Photoviewer, musicplayer and ebook are working again. There are two new links for explorer and system.
Unzip the file and put the folder "sections" in the folder "gmenu2x" on the SD card.
Remind that music files must stored in the folder "Music" to be shown...

Download.

Credits for this go to Ryo and Joyrider.

Thanks, guys...

Regards,
Stephan

I'm curious if anyone has suggested the following:

- Audio Limiter switch just like the official front end. Would save my ears from those MAME ROMs that decide to screech at full blast when they exectute. Makes using headphones a danger.

- TV out - I've heard this is a tough one to implement.

The front end is brilliant, I'm more than thrilled with everything else. Thanks for all the hard work on this.

Mac

Macguyver posted on Oct 24 2006 at 08:07 AM said:
- Audio Limiter switch just like the official front end. Would save my ears from those MAME ROMs that decide to screech at full blast when they exectute. Makes using headphones a danger.
This has been suggested many times. I don't know how to do it. I think nobody (except GPH) did it. If anyone has concrete instructions on how to do it, tell me and I'll implement it...

Macguyver posted on Oct 24 2006 at 08:07 AM said:
- TV out - I've heard this is a tough one to implement.
It shouldn't be hard, but there's a bug in how gmenu2x is launched with the autorun (the bug is in the firmware or in the original menu). I didn't try with fw2.1 yet. If you disable autorun, activate tv-out and then manually launch gmenu2x, you'll see that tv-out works fine.
I'm still investigating how to fix it (but it's gph that should fix it)...

I have a problem with that selector built in in gmenu2x. Whenever I try to start a game it either just starts the emulator like normally or it crashes :S

DTH posted on Oct 24 2006 at 11:26 AM said:
I have a problem with that selector built in in gmenu2x. Whenever I try to start a game it either just starts the emulator like normally or it crashes :S
Which emulator? Not all emulators support command line.

Back