Global Components did it again :)

I can only hope I scrape over the finish line here, I'm #70 on the GH list, so 20 already for Craig, another 40 now and 30 for Ed...

Here's hoping most of the first 70 were pre-orders with Craig :)

Dont want to sound negative, but casue of the history i would throw caution to the wind and avoid heavy marketing for a short while till a decent number have shipped to let existing outstanding orders catch up ...

No doubt someone will correct me if I'm wrong, but the way ED explains it suggests something to the contrary: That the speed at which outstanding orders are caught up with increases with the number of new sales.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have one question for ED: Won't the PCB's from Circuit Co be affected by oxidation? They've been sitting there for a long time

this was in another thread pretty sure someone said the old pcb's were sealed up in bags so that won't happen. i could be wrong tho tend to read a lot here with little or no sleep

Fantastic news, will the 1Ghz become more of a primary purchase item within the year then? vs a specialty item?

If you get any inquiries from the Middle East (Dubai / Riyadh) that'll be cos I've been showing EVERYONE I meet my Pandora (over the past 3-4 months).

Great news on the manufacturing front and wish you every success to get back in control ready for an awesome 2013 when an Open Pandora will the the "must have" tech item.

btw - I'm going to have my OP mounted inside my custom car, it'll be magazine featured in Custom Car magazine next year. Is it okay to get them to do a photo of the OP and to provide a url link to the website? well, you were talking about marketing..... B)

Fantastic news! I'm #24 on Craig's queue for a 1ghz after upgrading my 1 Oct 2008 order... maybe I will see it here in the US in time for my birthday??? (the 22nd..)

It will be funny to track down what coworkers I still have who remember when I ordered the thing in the first place. I've been teased about all the money I've sent the Nigerian princes (just as a joke), so it'll be amazing to finally have something in my hands.

Hooray! This is great news :D I really hope now nothing else goes wrong and production can be smooth and pain free. I'd love for the Pandora to get more users. GC are thankfully much better than CC ever were. And if you do make a Pandora 2 it'll hopefully be a much easier development process than the Pandora was ;)

Does this mean you will have 1GHz units on demo at Gamescom? I'd love to try one.

Fantastic news! I'm #24 on Craig's queue for a 1ghz after upgrading my 1 Oct 2008 order... maybe I will see it here in the US in time for my birthday??? (the 22nd..)

It will be funny to track down what coworkers I still have who remember when I ordered the thing in the first place. I've been teased about all the money I've sent the Nigerian princes (just as a joke), so it'll be amazing to finally have something in my hands.

Will ship Monday. So you will.

Yes, we're having 1GHz units at the GamesCom. And free Pandora shirts and pens for you guys :)

And you can finally punch me in the face because you had to wait so long for your Pandora :)

Yes, we're having 1GHz units at the GamesCom. And free Pandora shirts and pens for you guys :)

And you can finally punch me in the face because you had to wait so long for your Pandora :)

Haha I've had my Pandora for over a year now, it just needs to be repaired! And I'd never want to punch you in the face even if I was still waiting :p

Can't wait to meet you at Gamescom. I've been part of the community for longer than many so it'll be weird to finally meet you! (I'm just not a very active poster, I first got a GP32 back in 2005, then a GP2X in 2007)

Yay! Pandy 1ghz next week in my mailbox. :) I'll spread the word to a few geeky mates of mine.

Noooooo! I want a shirt.

Too bad, I can't be there. :(

Not the face! We need your good looks for the marketing. Telephone book to the body is better, hurts like hell, leaves no marks.

Back