Release Fullspeed Amiga Emulation On Pandora!

My family owns an Amiga 500, but we don't use it because there isn't much space and we don't have a compatable monitor. When I get a Pandora, will it be legal for me to use this emulator (if I only stuck to free software and software we already own)? If so, it would be like having a modern pocket-sized computer instantly loaded with all the capabilities of a very good old one - all down to one program! Isn't technology wonderful? :D

mvickers03 said:
Haha thanks to whoever posted that link you got yer demo disk.. issue 33 april 1992

http://amr.abime.net/issue_189_coverdisks

enjoy ;-)

Thanks for that, my ex has all my Amiga formats and Amiga Computing mags, along with all the coverdisks and about 700 disks in the attic of the house I'm still paying for

Last edited by a moderator:
Gecko.jsc said:
My family owns an Amiga 500, but we don't use it because there isn't much space and we don't have a compatable monitor. When I get a Pandora, will it be legal for me to use this emulator (if I only stuck to free software and software we already own)? If so, it would be like having a modern pocket-sized computer instantly loaded with all the capabilities of a very good old one - all down to one program! Isn't technology wonderful? :D
It will be legal assuming you use the same Kickstart ROM that your A500 has in it.

This could totally rock if it means I can play the Amiga versions of Flashback or Chaos Engine on the bus.

SoleGrave said:
This could totally rock if it means I can play the Amiga versions of Flashback or Chaos Engine on the bus.

You're better off using Reminiscence rather than an Amiga emulator for Flashback as you'll be running it native.

Enverex said:
SoleGrave said:

You're better off using Reminiscence rather than an Amiga emulator for Flashback as you'll be running it native.

First person to christen their pandora with "Flashback" gets a kiss on the cheek

I still havent seen a video of fullspeed OCS Amiga emulation running with sound yet. :(

I don't doubt gn0stic is working on it though as I have seen recent e-uae improvements from the man. It would be nice to see a video though, to keep me and the Amigans warm on these cold "pre-order infinite two more month loop" nights.

annthracks said:
mvickers03 said:
Haha thanks to whoever posted that link you got yer demo disk.. issue 33 april 1992

http://amr.abime.net/issue_189_coverdisks

enjoy ;-)

Thanks for that, my ex has all my Amiga formats and Amiga Computing mags, along with all the coverdisks and about 700 disks in the attic of the house I'm still paying for

ouch! sorry to hear that mate

worzyl said:
First person to pollute their pandora with "Rise of the Robots" gets a punch on the nose.
First person to model, render and publish a picture made with Turbo Silver on his Pandora gets a kiss on the cheek.
I've precommanded mainly for its Amiga emulation ability, I can't wait to see it running!

good news:
PUAE (pandora uae or portable uae or ...) 2.0.0 RC3 is ready. i'm just waiting for a real pandora to port & test.

i'm not sure but we may test it on mfk's pandora @ 7d9 demo party next week if i can spare time from coding other demo party related stuff :}

Good to know this project is on the go :D

What we can expect in AGA mode? maybe we have to see some good AGA demo

Enverex said:
SoleGrave said:

Could Pandora run Reminiscence specifically for that purpose?

SoleGrave said:
Enverex said:
SoleGrave said:

Could Pandora run Reminiscence specifically for that purpose?

That was exactly why I suggested it :)

GnoStiC said:
good news:
PUAE (pandora uae or portable uae or ...) 2.0.0 RC3 is ready. i'm just waiting for a real pandora to port & test.

i'm not sure but we may test it on mfk's pandora @ 7d9 demo party next week if i can spare time from coding other demo party related stuff :}

Good to hear from you Gnostic, but what about C64 emulation? Are you still going to port vice like you did for GP2X? For me the C64 is more important than amiga :)

Hirolaser said:
GnoStiC said:
good news:

Good to hear from you Gnostic, but what about C64 emulation? Are you still going to port vice like you did for GP2X? For me the C64 is more important than amiga :)

vice pandora port? sure :D

Back