Megadrive On Pandora: Sound And Working Usb Joypad!

OMGoodG. This project is the machine I dreamed about as a kid playing in the arcades. I planned on buying an arcade system 10years ago. Now I will carry possibly thousands of games in my pocket wherever I please. As long as customs does not want to confiscate it from me for carrying "ARGH" material. VERY MUCH THANKS, OPENPANDORA TEAM. Heck, if my finances permit, I may buy two.
Cheers all around. -Ish

Is that a 6Cell Acer Aspire One I spy in the background? Nice choice. :D

It's great to finally hear some sounds coming out of the Pandora. I can't wait to see these games running in person.

greendots said:
Sound seems to cut out every once in a while.. hopefully just from video editing.
Yeah there's sound the whole time, but it stops playing and you have to jog the video to get it back. It's not just linux, I'm on a Mac, so the Quicktime is supposed to be good :D

In case no one already answered the question: the racing game is virtua racing.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sonic the Hedgehog 2, first console game I ever played ;)

You have my sword preorder.

Oh my god. I already want it. I'm tired of lugging around my Nomad. It's time for a real portable genesis now.

Looks and sounds excellent.

Also love seeing that usb pad working - shows how easy it will be to use the Pandora as a portable console, just hook it up to a TV via S-Video and plug in a gamepad or arcade stick, and you're set.

Like everyone else I'm eager to see a completely assembled unit in action someday soon, with all the controls working etc. If you guys nail the controls on Pandora (and with DaveC I think you will) then it will be what many handheld retrogamers have dreamed of for many years.

Everything is looking (and sounding) great!

Does this version of Picodrive support fullscreen scaling yet?

Back