Megadrive On Pandora: Sound And Working Usb Joypad!

AWESOME.

A lot of people will be very happy that there's now sound coming from the Pandora itself.

The only thing we need now is a video of someone controlling a game with the Pandora's own controls.

I'm excited. :D

The last game demo'd really makes me feel like I will one day have a mini arcade in my hands.... Thanks for the video!

BTW, I noticed that is an PS controller, which USB adapter did you use? I have some generic one I paid too much for which I believe adds some latency to all the button presses when I use it on a PC.

dewc said:
BTW, I noticed that is an PS controller, which USB adapter did you use? I have some generic one I paid too much for which I believe adds some latency to all the button presses when I use it on a PC.
Oh, some cheap one I bought five or six years ago... forgot which one it was. But it has one PSX and one N64 connector.

Benjiro said:
Any change of letting the Pandora run on battery overnight with the megadrive running? Aka, to get a runtime estimate of the battery usage? :)
We did this with SNES running at 500 MHz already and got 8,5 hours (AFAIR).
So with normal uses (dynamic CPU control) you can expect a lot more.

Last edited:
nice to see virtua racing running again ,likewise of batman sega cd aswell ,these games are the hardest to
run for each system currently on picodrive so it gives a great indication that picodrive has been coded by
a genius !!!!!!!!

Personaly ,what i wanted to see was quake 3 running on pandora ,not quake 2 from an early
video ,as from everything read and saw in interview quake 3 is possible full speed ?
which leads me to something i had thought the pandora could do but now i am unsure and
that is ,run standard x86 pc games like q3 diablo 2 and original halflife ,this is becase
i had read that q2 and q3 were possible i simply thought other older pc games would be
as well through the aid of linux os,but now i have read on another post that the pandora
would have a hard time emulating x86 and also winex doesnt actuly emulate the cpu.

Im not all that up on linux so what i am saying might be false,but i really thought
pandora would run the older pc game, mabe not full speed in some cases but could
actuly run them.

Thanks for doing this video Evil.
I was sold on the Pandora already and this makes it even better. :)

Hey, anyone know what racing game he was playing?

Fantastic, Thanks for making this ED, it looks (and sounds!) great. :) Any ideas if Franxis is considering a Mame port for the Pandora? That truly would be a mini arcade!

xzakox said:
Niceeeeeeeeee, please, make a video with the amiga or psx emulators with sound :D
+1!!!!

Good to see progress, though MegaDrive-Emulation runs with sound on my SE p900 too, thanx to notaz. Only the p900 is lacking gaming controls :(

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the video ED :)

Sound seems to cut out every once in a while.. hopefully just from video editing.

Any idea how wifi/bt, 2 SD cards, audio effects battery life?

greendots said:

Sound seems to cut out every once in a while.. hopefully just from video editing.
Hm? Doesn't do that for me. Have you tried the YouTube version? I know my Linux PC has problems with the AVI, though it worked fine on my Windows PC.

Last edited:
greendots said:

That happened to me when I tried to play the video in my browser, but when I right clicked and hit save as, it played fine in quicktime.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah I guess the avi codec for linux is the problem. The youtube version didn't have a problem, I don't have windows to test it on.

Thanks Again :)

Very Cool, thank you for the Video. I think it would be great to see SNES and PSX emus running as well, if it is not too much to ask!

I know you are busy and the final case is not ready, but dont you have a total ensambled pandora wih the "fake" case??

I want to see where are the leds, the inputs, the outputs, you could make a video showing that, not only the screen. I know its on the renders, but its not real for me, i need something more physical to see

Anyway thanks for you job guys

Back