Release Hugo-Pandora V1.1.0

I've been working with the developer of this multiplayer framework for Android games, which has quite successfully handled over 90k users playing Android games:

http://flockengine.com/

Maybe its time to do the C++ classes for this framework so that we can more easily get multiplayer support out there ..

torpor said:
I've been working with the developer of this multiplayer framework for Android games, which has quite successfully handled over 90k users playing Android games:

Maybe its time to do the C++ classes for this framework so that we can more easily get multiplayer support out there ..

This is really pretty far removed from the kind of low user count, latency optimized netplay we're talking about for console emulation, isn't it?

Last edited by a moderator:
Exophase said:
torpor said:

This is really pretty far removed from the kind of low user count, latency optimized netplay we're talking about for console emulation, isn't it?

I'd still say just tweeting the IP is the best solution, then auto remove it if someone joins, or if no one joins in x seconds.

DaveC said:
Actually I probably won't be able to tell you as I would never use the netplay feature :p I am not perpetually near a wifi hotspot like everyone else seems to be for some reason, actually super rare for me to be near one.

I use my pandora at home 90% of the time with access to my wireless router.

Yeah no way to know for sure. I would just guess if people are netgaming they would probably be doing WoW, battlefield XXXXVII or those other things and not playing Bomberman. I sure could be wrong though.

Funny you mention that - when I first heard he was adding netplay support I became quite ecstatic about the possibility of being able to play Bomberman remotely with my brother. The addition of Netplay is actually a significant determining factor that will probably cause me to use the emulator much more than I otherwise would have.

Exophase said:
jonlad1 said:
Exophase, you definitely wont be releasing Temper until you've nailed netplay?

Nailed or given up on it! I won't spend an excessive amount of time.

Well temper on the GP2X was my favorite emu , so I can't wait for a Pandora version
hope this will be released soon with all the Pandora's comming out so fast :)

Can't we have a version without netplay for use now, then it can be added later? Or at least get Temper for Wiz packed in Ginge until Exophase releases the Pandora port?

Every time I see Temper I think of the Atari Jaguar emulator.

@blue protoman

I haven't tried it yet, but doesn't this work: http://dl.openhandhelds.org/cgi-bin/pandora.cgi?0,0,0,0,71,117

Or is Temper that much better?

Temper runs all games flawlessly (except for Supergrafx games). Oh, and it runs Turbo CD just as well, too.

Blue Protoman said:
Can't we have a version without netplay for use now, then it can be added later? Or at least get Temper for Wiz packed in Ginge until Exophase releases the Pandora port?

No to the first one, it's not netplay holding it up now. I gave the source to the Wiz one to Zx81 at some point, he's welcome to do a port if he desires.. or if anyone else wants to they can go ahead and contact me. People have already been running it on Ginge so I assume someone can take care of that.

Can't we have a Ginge wrap of it, then? I don't wanna have to scroll through menus just to play a 2-minute game of Star Soldier.

Blue Protoman said:
Can't we have a Ginge wrap of it, then? I don't wanna have to scroll through menus just to play a 2-minute game of Star Soldier.

There is a thread around here or the other forum detailing how to go about wrapping a gpe file into GINGE and then making a PND out of it. You could do it if you wanted it.

Exophase said:
Blue Protoman said:

No to the first one, it's not netplay holding it up now. I gave the source to the Wiz one to Zx81 at some point, he's welcome to do a port if he desires.. or if anyone else wants to they can go ahead and contact me. People have already been running it on Ginge so I assume someone can take care of that.
When do you expect temper for the pandora will be released?Ginge sounds messy.Ive heard temper is a really good emulator.The pcengine seems to have alot of great games.

PC-Engine has some great games. Temper on my GP2X worked amazing, Hugo is just ok... I am looking forward to a Temper port for the Pandora.

Exophase said:
Blue Protoman said:

So does this mean you won't be releasing a Pandora version of Temper, or just that it is a ways off? I read kind of confusing posts about this so I was wondering what happened to the Pandora port. At one point you said it was pretty much finished now you are saying ZX should port the Wiz version (which won't happen as ZX's Pandora broke and he no longer supports it)? What is it that is holding it up now, Supergrafx?

wrath of khan said:
When do you expect temper for the pandora will be released?Ginge sounds messy.Ive heard temper is a really good emulator.The pcengine seems to have alot of great games.
Using it in Ginge isn't really too messy except that you have to go through a few more menus to get to it. The problem is that the performance is not very good. The scrolling is stuttery and not at all smooth when running through Ginge. It doesn't do Temper justice due to inconsistant framerate. It works but is not the greatest.

DaveC said:
Using it in Ginge isn't really too messy except that you have to go through a few more menus to get to it. The problem is that the performance is not very good. The scrolling is stuttery and not at all smooth when running through Ginge. It doesn't do Temper justice due to inconsistant framerate. It works but is not the greatest.

I haven't tried temper in ginge yet, so I'm not sure if this will fix your problem. I noticed I was getting stuttery scrolling in gpfce using ginge until I turned off vsync. Maybe if you turn off vsync in temper the scrolling will improve.

There's no option to turn off vsync in Temper. It syncs to 120Hz and ginge on Pandora probably doesn't like this. Maybe it only simulates 60Hz vsyncs.

As for the constant question of "where's Temper on Pandora", my answer hasn't changed.. so please stop asking >_>

Is there no mod that can fix up so that any DaveC post with the word "Temper" in it is automatically hidden from Exophase? Please? :)

Back