Release Fullspeed Amiga Emulation On Pandora!

EvilDragon

Administrator
Staff member
Yep, here is some video I took running UAE4ALL on the Pandora Devboard!
It's running fullspeed (and is limited so it doesn't run the games faster than fullspeed!)
The selection of games is quite limited - as my devboard doesn't have keys and inputs yet, I needed to find videos which don't have cracktros and start demonstration playing... no easy task.

Download the Video here

It's also here on Youtube :)

totally awesome! this is the biggest reason im getting a pandora. glad to see a update and hear that amiga is running already on the pandora

I've never played an amiga before. now I can try some amiga games on there when I get my pandora.

EvilDragon said:
It's running fullspeed (and is limited so it doesn't run the games faster than fullspeed!)
The selection of games is quite limited - as my devboard doesn't have keys and inputs yet, I needed to find videos which don't have cracktros and start demonstration playing... no easy task.

Download the Video here

Is there a good amount of room for improvement to get full speed a500 on the gp2x? I've heard that UAE isn't built for speed. It would be nice to have full speed Amiga on the gp2x (at least Amiga 500).

I still don't understand why Picodrive is the only emulator that puts sound emulation on the second processor. With Picodrive, it seems to help a lot.

Chris

Last edited by a moderator:
The UAE on gp2x IS already pretty much optimized. Not really much of a chance getting it faster.

EvilDragon said:

Download the Video here

The youtube link doesn't work and when I went to youtube and searched for pandora amiga there was a post from evildragon from one hour ago, and when I clicked on it, it said the video had been removed by the user.

Chris

christo930 said:
EvilDragon said:

Download the Video here

The youtube link doesn't work and when I went to youtube and searched for pandora amiga there was a post from evildragon from one hour ago, and when I clicked on it, it said the video had been removed by the user.

Chris

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KwuI6_zCjxY

this is hallucinating!!!! at least it seems that when he/she has the pandora he/she rots to enjoy AMIGA almost to the moment thank you EVILDRAGON, me ace tosses a happy AMIGAMEN

christo930 said:
EvilDragon said:

Download the Video here

Chris

Looks yummy!

Any hope it will be upto fullspeed on the Wiz too?? :)

I never doubted the :pandora1: could run it, but good to know for certain.
That has nailed it for me, just made up my mind about preordering.

Now I call upon our fabulous emu-devs to give us harddisk support in the amiga and atari st emus.
By that, we could have portable systems in the true sense of the word. (even could do more than gaming with the emus)

...oh, and midi support in the atari-emu perhaps?

big please with big sugar on ;)

OH YES!! THIS is the main reason I'm getting a Pandora, a portable Amiga is something I've always wanted, and to have to my favourite ever platform in the palm of my hands with full keyboard support will be amazing...Hunter, Supercars 2...here i come!

Mutilator said:
I've never played an amiga before.

you havent lived yet :p

hopefully this will work with full on CD32 emulation

Yeah I loved my CD32 too, I had the SX-1 add on allowing A500/1200 games to played on it, as well as the rare FMV module, remember buying Titantic on VCD months before it came out here, it had a good picture, though the trouble was it came on 3 discs!
Anyway, love to play Litil Divil, Captive 2, PF with CD Music, Simon The Sorceror etc.

Though i did ask a couple of months ago and got no response about anyone attempting CDTV/32 support, but still that can wait until after the initial couple of releases!

Fantastic, it looks amazing, I can't wait now! :)

jakshep2 said:
I've never played an amiga before. now I can try some amiga games on there when I get my pandora.
You're in for a real treat then, the Amiga has an excellent library of games. As well as many great Public Domain Scene Demos!

Off the bat i recommend Speedball 2, Moonstone, IK+, Sensible World of Soccer (good fun even if you're not a huge football fan) Rick Dangerous 1 & 2, Project X, Z-out, Shadow of the Beast 2, Lotus Esprit Turbo Challenge, Wizkid and Xenon 2 :)

And on the public domain game front, see if you can get hold of a game called Merv the Merciless - that game drove me nuts, but was very good!

Back