Release Fullspeed Amiga Emulation On Pandora!

christo930 said:
EvilDragon said:
Yep, here is some video I took running UAE4ALL on the Pandora Devboard!
It's running fullspeed (and is limited so it doesn't run the games faster than fullspeed!)
The selection of games is quite limited - as my devboard doesn't have keys and inputs yet, I needed to find videos which don't have cracktros and start demonstration playing... no easy task.

Download the Video here

It's also here on Youtube :)

Is there a good amount of room for improvement to get full speed a500 on the gp2x? I've heard that UAE isn't built for speed. It would be nice to have full speed Amiga on the gp2x (at least Amiga 500).

I still don't understand why Picodrive is the only emulator that puts sound emulation on the second processor. With Picodrive, it seems to help a lot.

Chris

Would putting the sound or the video chips on the second processor help a lot? Or is it just a lost cause? Is it too complicated, or too complicated given the amount of speed increase you would get (in other words, not enough bang for the buck)? Just curious.

Chris

Last edited by a moderator:
Mutilator said:
I've never played an amiga before.

you havent lived yet :p

hopefully this will work with full on CD32 emulation
Try Parasol stars, Rainbow Islands, Pac-mania, Bubble Bobble, Snow Brothers and Super Frog. Those are a few great games to start off with. There are literally thousands of games for the A500 and many of them are EXCELLENT. If you like really hard games, then you could try the Shadow of the Beast games. They are graphically superb and nearly universally praised, but a little hard for my gaming skill level.

You will find everything from shumups to rpgs to arcade to pinball to point and click adventures. The Amiga has something for everyone and is a great PC to boot.

Chris

A-mazing. B)

Plea to Devs: Please stop posting these videos now!
  • It makes waiting even more unbearable.
  • Everybody will want one!
;)

Oh Yea baby! Defender of the Crown, it came from the desert and those great amiga demo and music disk! This machine is a dream come true :)

Brutal Football + Speedball2 are my favs!!!
Think I'll set up my Amiga on the kitchen table and look through the lot to decide what goes on the :pandora1: .
Problem, really need to clean that nightmare of a kitchen first. :unsure:

jaycee900 said:
Yeah I loved my CD32 too, I had the SX-1 add on allowing A500/1200 games to played on it, as well as the rare FMV module, remember buying Titantic on VCD months before it came out here, it had a good picture, though the trouble was it came on 3 discs!

I have no match for the FMV module, but my CD32 was eventually fitted with an SX32Pro MKII - Which had an 68030 CPU Clocked at 50Mhz, compared to the Amiga 1200/CD32's native 14Mhz '020.

I'm pretty sure even Pandy will have a job to Emulate an Amiga of that speed!

Anyway, love to play Litil Divil, Captive 2, PF with CD Music, Simon The Sorceror etc.

For me it'd bb Bubba 'n' Stix, D-Generation, Pinball Fantasies, Alien Breed 3D, James Pond 3 and Super Skidmarks

fade said:
And on the public domain game front, see if you can get hold of a game called Merv the Merciless - that game drove me nuts, but was very good!

My all time favorite PD game, on ANY platform, is Knockout 2. Up to 8 players can play on one screen, although I'd recommend hooking up an external telly and keyboard before trying that one on Pandy (actually I'd imagine only 6 people could play on the Pandora, for to get the full 8 players, 2 players would need to use joypads connected to the parallel and serial ports of the Amiga, a modification which I'm almost CERTAIN that UAE doesn't support!)

Elevation was a classic too.

So... This means x-Com: UFO Defense (Or UFO:Enemy Unknown for you Brits) will be playable?

X-com, dune and Cannon Fodder, here I cooooooome!
I'll go with the dos-emulator |-P (Unless this turns out to be actually better, of course)

Pleng said:
I have no match for the FMV module, but my CD32 was eventually fitted with an SX32Pro MKII - Which had an 68030 CPU Clocked at 50Mhz, compared to the Amiga 1200/CD32's native 14Mhz '020.

I'm pretty sure even Pandy will have a job to Emulate an Amiga of that speed!

Nice setup, my SX-1 had a black CDTV diskdrive and keyboard, mouse, which was fitted with 8mb ram which was the max it could take, wanted the SX32 later but never got round to upgrading.

For me it'd bb Bubba 'n' Stix, D-Generation, Pinball Fantasies, Alien Breed 3D, James Pond 3 and Super Skidmarks

Yeah good games, had all apart from JP3...D-Generation was genious, PF had some great relaxing CD music, and I was always annoyed at the CD32 version of Super Skidmarks, it was the same as the A500 version in terms of graphics, i don't know if you remember a CD32 demo about a year before that had AGA 256 colour tracks that looked so smooth, by the time the full game came out it looked awful again, i just think the developers couldnt be bothered redoing all the tracks and just as most developers did just ported the A500/1200 version straight to disc.
Another good disc was Dizzy 6 which is quite hard to get now, and i know it was a bundled game but i still quite liked Oscar! It had a satsifying collecting thing about it lol
Quick mention to Guardian, great 3D shoot em up made by 1 bloke! Shame that 1 person game outdown most CD32 games by pushing the hardware more than most.

Anyway back to the topic which is a Amiga emulator not CD32! These are some top games i want to load up first and try;
F-18 Interceptor, Supercars 2, Jupiter Masterdrive, Nitro, Lotus Trilogy, Populous, Settlers, Pinball F/D/I, Cannon Fodder, Sensi Soccer, Worms, F1GP, Flashback, Lemmings (all), Speedball2, Xenon 2, Gods, Turrican2 , Monkey Island, Syndicate, Elite 2, IK+, North & South, HUNTER!!, Super Stardust, Moonstone, Super Skidmarks, Stunt Car Racer, Indy 500, Jimmy Whites Snooker.
PD Games- Lights, Battlecars 2, Extreme Violence, Zombie Apocolypse......

I'm off to find my DVD full of ADF files and pick which 500 i will take on my desert island, see you all in 18 days!

oh yes!

UFO-Enemy Unknown
K240
Cannon fodder
any Daisy software games (Sneetch, Hopit etc)
Real 3D
AMOS

oh yes! AMOS please!, that would be awesome, all I ever want is a BASIC compiler with graphical ability, stuff OOP, OOPS for wimps who cant` code :p (Joke...I just hate the whole OOP thing..codes LINEAR right?, just get used to it, when you do it`s easy as pie :D )

maybe you could make UAE launch on boot and provide workbench as the gui, awesome B) :pandora1:

OH MY GOD!

I've been lurking here for ages but seeing this video has made me post.

I still have an Amiga 4000 stuck away in my spare room and now I can car boot it.

Pinball Dreams, Fantasies, Illusions
Turrican II
Apidya
Dynablaster (played this with 5 players using a home-made adaptor for 2 extra players)
Skidmarks (played with 4 players on 2 machines synced with 2 monitors)
Battle Squadron
Hybris
Lotus 1-3
Super Cars

The list is endless, in it's day the Amiga had THE best selection of games.

notaz said:
Ravnos said:
So what Amiga hardware is being emulated here? Just an A500? A1200? Or better?
A500. It's a quick port of UAE4all for GP2X that I did :p

looks great! any chance for A600/A1200 full speed emulation on the lauch?

hobbyman II said:
oh yes!

UFO-Enemy Unknown
K240
Cannon fodder
any Daisy software games (Sneetch, Hopit etc)
Real 3D
AMOS

oh yes! AMOS please!, that would be awesome, all I ever want is a BASIC compiler with graphical ability, stuff OOP, OOPS for wimps who cant` code :p (Joke...I just hate the whole OOP thing..codes LINEAR right?, just get used to it, when you do it`s easy as pie :D )

maybe you could make UAE launch on boot and provide workbench as the gui, awesome B) :pandora1:
You can check out a lot of Amos stuff at http://amos.pspuae.com/ . You'll have to sign in to get at the downloads area though.

Ahhhhh :D, This is Great
Superfrog and Soccer Kid played oke with overclock on my Gp2x, but not really smoooth.
And what i see with this Raw Port, It already looks great and smooty.

Keep up the Good work ^^

Pocket Amiga :eek: , Holly SH*T. :blink:

This is GREAT news. :D

Ooowww, Just think. Pocket Workbench, Pocket Amiga Dos, Pocket Deluxe Paint, Pocket Personal Paint, Pocket TV Paint, Pocket OctaMed SoundStudio, Pocket Protracker, Pocket TurboCalc, Pocket Wordworth, Pocket Final Word, Pocket FinalCalc, Pocket BlitzBasic, Pocket Scala, Pocket Vista Pro, Pocket Cinema 4D, Pocket Real3D, Pocket Adorage, Pocket Imagine, Pocket MainActor, Pocket Pixel 3D Pro, Pocket Professional Page, Pocket Superbase Personal, Pocket Final Writer, Pocket PageStream, Pocket Final Data, Pocket Page Setter, Pocket WordPerfect, Pocket LightWave, Pocket Brilliance, Pocket Comic Setter, Pocket Photogenics etc, You get the picture. :p

Oh and there`s a few notable game too, To say the least. :rolleyes:

Can we have the clicking SD slot too. :p

Trooper

I didn't have computers as a kid, so my only exposure to the Amiga 500 was the occasional fleeting visit to a neighbour's house. :( This will heal all my wounds. I'm excited.

Back