Release Fullspeed Amiga Emulation On Pandora!

jaycee900 said:
btw I'm dl my top 500 Amiga games ready for the launch, can they be played from a zip file or not? thanks
You mean you ripped 500 of your games and stored them on line for safe keeping? ;) How terribly efficient.

Last edited by a moderator:
No i downloaded 500 of the freeware/shareware games! ;)

Forthewin, thats a very hard one, I've gone through 5000 odd listings and reviews the last few months to get it down to 500, about half i played when i was younger the other half look interesting or ones i never bought, i can probably get it down to 300-400, but there are so many good games, the obvious ones are Sensible Soccer, Super cars 2, alien breed, cannon fodder, chaos engine, lemmings, pinball fantasies/dreams/illusions, theme park, turrican series, uridium 2, vroom, worms and my all time favourite game Hunter! but yeah seriously too many to list here, all the great flight sims, adventure games, most of the good ones on scumm, etc
I'm just hoping it has support for AGA games, i have around 100 good AGA games that i filted it down to, all i need now is the Pandora....well and emulator of course!

Ah ok thank youu :D
I used to have a amiga 1200 back when I was little (Im only 17 :p) and the two games I have very fond memories of are Arcade pool & Test Drive 2
I do hope that we can get working 1200 emulation but if 500 is the only possibiliry, then Im sure these two games will last me some time :D

jaycee900 said:
No i downloaded 500 of the freeware/shareware games! ;)

Forthewin, thats a very hard one, I've gone through 5000 odd listings and reviews the last few months to get it down to 500, about half i played when i was younger the other half look interesting or ones i never bought, i can probably get it down to 300-400, but there are so many good games, the obvious ones are Sensible Soccer, Super cars 2, alien breed, cannon fodder, chaos engine, lemmings, pinball fantasies/dreams/illusions, theme park, turrican series, uridium 2, vroom, worms and my all time favourite game Hunter! but yeah seriously too many to list here, all the great flight sims, adventure games, most of the good ones on scumm, etc
I'm just hoping it has support for AGA games, i have around 100 good AGA games that i filted it down to, all i need now is the Pandora....well and emulator of course!
ok, dude, you know that cannon fodder was better on DOS...

Oooo I'm sure I've got a load of my fave games in storage. Just two issues come to mind.... Do the disks work and more importantly how do I access them :p

Hmmm, do any of the posted amiga-emu-on-pandora videos have recorded sound? (Rather than someone saying "sound was active but not recorded").

silver said:
Hmmm, do any of the posted amiga-emu-on-pandora videos have recorded sound? (Rather than someone saying "sound was active but not recorded").

I believe when the videos were posted, there were two working kernels. One had working sound, and one didn't. It's possible he only had the kernel with broken sound drivers.

...or maybe no speakers :)

stustaff said:
EDIT- Also would be good to see Body blows, Blood Money, The comic relief game?, Vikings. Some amazing games on Amiga
The Comic Relief game would be Sleepwalker. ;)

Anyhow, this is good stuff. Alas, I never had an Amiga at the time (my Commodore 64 did the job as my only computer for around a decade, between the late 80s and the late 90s :p), but I purchased the Amiga Forever package not long ago, and I'm currently working my way through some games that have been "freed up" by their developers granting permission to particular fan-sites and preservation sites to host them for download. Looking forward to playing some of those on the Pandora, too. :p

so is there full speed miggy emulation with sound? so many conflicting arguments. and if there is has a vid been posted? and if not why not?
cheers guys

Check Chip's comment on the previous page. Looks like sound has indeed been emulated, but was never outputted (is that a word? damnit, it is now!)

As for further vids, keep patient a bit longer as i'm sure things are going to take off very soon with more and more Pandoras going out to Devs very shortly.

x68000 said:
Check Chip's comment on the previous page. Looks like sound has indeed been emulated, but was never outputted (is that a word? damnit, it is now!)

As for further vids, keep patient a bit longer as i'm sure things are going to take off very soon with more and more Pandoras going out to Devs very shortly.
ok thanx

excited

Ah yeah this emu exists, it's old news, maybe time to make a new video... I guess some people didn't see all the original emulator videos.

We did SNES, PSX, Amiga etc.

craigix said:
Ah yeah this emu exists, it's old news, maybe time to make a new video... I guess some people didn't see all the original emulator videos.

We did SNES, PSX, Amiga etc.
Do the amiga one again with sound please, Us pandora advocates are getting slammed by the amiga community. It is very hard to tell someone that an amiga emu exists with sound at fullspeed when there is some cheesy music playing over the top of the video. :)

Back