Finishing up the hardware

Awesome progress, thanks again for making this wonderful device.

Looking forward to the prototype!

The only exception will be the gaming buttons:

Here, the plastic of the buttons will be glued on top of the mat, so they feel like standard gaming buttons (yes, this has changed within the last few days).

attachicon.gif
cap.jpg
Very nice, I have the feeling this is the better solution. ;)
Mold production here should start within the next week and will take approximately one month.

The means: Yep, there's no way I can run away from reading the keyboard layout threads anymore ;)
Beware, you must be very tough, make preparations (Valeriana Tea, relaxing music etc...).  :D

Last edited by a moderator:
If I were ED I would probably skip the keyboard threads and just look at the most recent proposals from each person.  If there are things he wants to see more of I think it is linked from the final keyboard layout thread.  I haven't looked at that one in a while, but I did see some interesting new ideas recently (which are actually older ideas that were revised).

I'd recommend the post made on the first page of the last news thread, documenting the various decisions which have created the different designs. I forget who wrote it, and am on my phone so can't check easily, but it was a good summary IMO.

Great news! About the NUBs, will be improved this time? I have heard that the second production for Pandora still had a high failure rate.
It is a totally different type of nub. It should be more robust and not have the issues the Pandora nubs did. This has been discussed a lot elsewhere, especially when news that the nub ED picked would be discontinued (however there are a lot of options to still allow essentially the same thing to be used by making one of the parts, which is why it is/was discontinued...I think they said the sensor and everything is still around, just not the plastic top part where you put your thumb). ED made a thread (or threads) about it, so do a search if you want the details, and other things that were considered.
Thank you, I think I come to the boards later so maybe I lost it about that. Some people at gp32spain was asking about that so I just wanted to bring them some information :D . What about the welding quality? It is going to be improved? I saw some people here that them Pandora's NUBs came out.

I take it that by 'welding' you mean 'soldering' in this case. I've never heard of a Pandora nub coming off - in fact they're a little famous for being quite tricky to get off. I've heard of the d-pad coming off, as that's just glued on, but not the nubs.

The Pyra nubs look similarly well mounted to me, if you look at the solder pads on top of the PCB.

What about us with a Pandora PreOrder from craig credit? What's our course  of action?

^

But are there still folks waiting?

Roughly I how many people never made use of the options ED was able to provide to Craig's abandoned customers?

I was under the impression everyone had either chosen 1 of the options, or had lost patience and simply left all of this behind...

Didn't ED say he would offer some kind of discount for people who still haven't received anything? Does that still stand or am I mis-remembering?

Still waiting customers of Craig will get a voucher from me for the final payment. About icp2 vouchers from Link: I need to discuss that with him and find a way how to do it. There are probably also iCP2-Backers who are in Europe and would like to order from me instead.

Still waiting customers of Craig will get a voucher from me for the final payment. About icp2 vouchers from Link: I need to discuss that with him and find a way how to do it. There are probably also iCP2-Backers who are in Europe and would like to order from me instead.
Awww if I had known this was an option I wouldn't had taken the refund :(

The case will be done in October but the prototype is done likely just in time for August. So it will just be a hardware showoff with the 3d printed case for now? 

Basically I'm wondering about the earliest time I can possibly purchase a Pyra which I'm thinking its sometime in October and not August? 

The case will be done in October but the prototype is done likely just in time for August. So it will just be a hardware showoff with the 4d printed case for now? 

Basically I'm wondering about the earliest time I can possibly purchase a Pyra which I'm thinking its sometime in October? 
How I take EvilDragon's statement, It may be the earliest time pre-orders start.

But are there still folks waiting?

Roughly I how many people never made use of the options ED was able to provide to Craig's abandoned customers?

I was under the impression everyone had either chosen 1 of the options, or had lost patience and simply left all of this behind...
A friend of mine who introduced me to the Pandora in the first place and ordered one right before I did is still waiting.  He gets pissed off when I bring it up, I think he chose one of ED's email options but I doubt either of us remember which.  Hasn't received anything yet.  I hope he decides to get a Pyra, but he seems to have a pretty negative impression of spending money on this now.

Back