Feel the Power!

There should be a camera trained on Nikolaus and notaz while they work. I want to see their faces when they have a big breakthrough (e.g. when there was a picture at last, even if slightly shifted).

There should be a camera trained on Nikolaus and notaz while they work. I want to see their faces when they have a big breakthrough (e.g. when there was a picture at last, even if slightly shifted).
I bet you would love such working condition for yourself too, right ?

Well, we have a stable rotated picture since yesterday night, but right now only when we stop the stream. So we're getting there, just some more timing tweaks properly.

My face was probably also nice to look at - I was working at the room where the Devboard is setup and saw the unstable flickering pictures and after a while a stable picture with the text "Rotated by SSD" applied to it (notaz is working on it remotely).

I bet you would love such working condition for yourself too, right ?
At my previous job we were given laptops with webcams built in explicitly for this purpose, so that the client could turn it on randomly to make sure us lowly contractors were actually working. Fortunately security got wind of this and shut that down before it could be fully implemented, and if they hadn't legal said they would have.This is what happens when managers start implementing an idea before they've actually vetted it with those that know what they're doing.

But in the end I was given an inferior laptop for development because it had a built in webcam which I had to cover with tape, and isn't that the important thing?

At my previous job we were given laptops with webcams built in explicitly for this purpose, so that the client could turn it on randomly to make sure us lowly contractors were actually working.
This would be a direct cause for an *immediate* resignation for me.One day I had a boss looking at what I was doing over my shoulder. I put my hands on the side of the keyboard... Until he left.

........But in the end I was given an inferior laptop for development because it had a built in webcam which I had to cover with tape, and isn't that the important thing?
I had to read this sentence three times, and then laugh a little =) but seriously not cool working conditions

At my previous job we were given laptops with webcams built in explicitly for this purpose, so that the client could turn it on randomly to make sure us lowly contractors were actually working.
This would be a direct cause for an *immediate* resignation for me.
One day I had a boss looking at what I was doing over my shoulder. I put my hands on the side of the keyboard... Until he left.
Next step would of been an orange jumpsuit delivered to your cubicle with some numbers on it. :)

Years ago my brother worked in a busy, rather large office where management ruled only certain times of the day people could go for a bathroom break. This didn't last long, but the measures people take to control others is astounding.  

It's great to see how thing are being solved. Thanks for keeping us updated, to see the first working prototype will be astounding.

I miss videos of the devboard, like the one showing browsing capabilities.

Last edited by a moderator:
You can still get more devboard vids; a number of users have them, and if you post a request to the 'what would you like to see?' thread, someone will hopefully oblige.

I'd love to see a shot of the remote development setup (the webcam pointed at the devboard and the screen) if it hasn't been already posted.

Open up the webcam to twitch or something so everyone can watch the screen do absolutely nothing most of the time? :p

Is it just me or does anyone think it was exophase who donated the 9,000? his Nds emulator did awfully well I heard.

Is it just me or does anyone think it was exophase who donated the 9,000? his Nds emulator did awfully well I heard.
I was thinking that,  but he openly donated large amounts of money before. 

EvilDragon paid a large amount for the aluminum cases to complete the minimum order size, perhaps he shifted that money over... Still begs the question why be anonymous about it.  So who knows.

I was thinking that,  but he openly donated large amounts of money before. 

EvilDragon paid a large amount for the aluminum cases to complete the minimum order size, perhaps he shifted that money over... Still begs the question why be anonymous about it.  So who knows.
Yup, its alot of money... resident drug dealer with an appetite for open source linux devices? 

Its rare thankfully when some idiot gets a great idea like webcamming your office cube; but I ensure I always have a game machine handy for those moments, so that the camera can be trained on bubble bobble or something, all the time.

You think we're goofing off all day, when we're actually busting our asses 12 hours a day? Well, if you think it.. maybe we should be :)

jeff

Back