Fake Open Pandora

You'd have thought that if you scamming in this way that you'd at least keep an eye on these official boards

Tell them you got a better offer from a company called BullShizen . Say they offered the Pandora for $130 a pop and ask if they can match BullShizen's quote.

Prometheus, I couldn't say anything in the locked thread, but wasn't Link, possibly others, going to sell brand new Pandoras at some point, too?

Yikes, you're right. I forgot! I'll go and alter that right now!

EDIT: Ok, sorted it out. If anyone knows of any other legitimate vendors that I forgot, please post here so that I can fix the warning thread further. :p

Last edited by a moderator:
How the fuck can they copy it so exactly.That picture they are using looks like it came from this website.Its gotta be a pile of shite at that price.The pcb and the case were made in china weren't they?So the company they used must be involved.Unscrupolous
That is why they kirk just about every other gadget. from all the products that are manufactured by them. All they gotta do is rerun the production and find a chinese distributor that will sale to customers under a different brand or at least business title. In a way most of the world companies are just distributors of products to china

If anyone knows of any other legitimate vendors that I forgot, please post here so that I can fix the warning thread further. :p
Since this warning is mainly useful for people who do not know a lot about the Pandora Universe, putting the URLs and e-mail addresses of the official shops into that thread would be a GOOD THING™.

^ Care to tell me what they are? I actually only tend to remember the e-mail address for Craig's shop. :lol:

I'd suggest saying that there are only two sites to buy from, linking to the preorder tab on the official site, and ithic.com. I don't think anyone is directed to use the email addresses for new orders now (except for special needs as directed on the official page: info at openpandora.de).

Early buyers might want peace of mind too, so they'll want to know if the addresses they have communicated with are legitimate. We should list them, but emphasise not to use them for new orders. I believe these are all address that people have used:

openpandorasales at gmail dot com (UK)

gp2xsales at gmail dot com (UK)

shop at gp2x dot de (GER)

And it should be emphasised at the end that all new email enquiries should go to info at openpandora dot de.

(Comments/corrections welcome of course).

^ I'm just working on an edit for this, now, but wasn't there an "openpandoraorders" Gmail address, too?

Absolutely. :) Thanks much!

I've edited the warning thread.

@All mods and admins: Do feel free to edit it if it needs further amendments - it's a pretty important warning. :p

http://shop.gp2x.de , redirecting to http://www.gp2x.de/shop/index.php , is missing from the clutter^H^H^H^H^H^H^Hlist. The Pandora itself is no longer on offer there, only accessories for Pandora, but the information of it being an official shop is still relevant since Ed tends to offer webspace for Pandora-related projects on subdomains of at least openpandora.org, and thus someone could theoretically create a Pandora scam website on an openpandora.org subdomain (and maybe also on a gp2x.de subdomain). (Ideally, all those project pages would have been placed at a location like openpandora.org/community/<NAME-OF-PROJECT> from the beginning -- doing so now will obviously break all existing project links.)

Well, when we have official distributors (will mainly be me, Craig, Fatih and Link at some time), I'll put those on the website as well :)

Aaaah, got an eMail from a Chinese company to my OpenPandora account.

They want to buy 100 Pandoras from me.

That's how this works :)

So.. umm... they first offer it for a low price to different companies and THEN ask the manufacturer when they get interest in the product?

Interesting :)

Still not sure how they're going to balance the books from the 450euros to the $166 or whatever they were charging... Seems a bad game plan to me

Back