We Have Cases Folks

If Craig says he's happy I don't see any reason why they wouldn't oder the remaining 9000. I hope the factory start working on it ASAP.

I am also hoping for some good quality picture a finished Pandora. I guess they should probably try to take some professional looking picture and change the website to indicate that they are finally shipping units ! This all takes time tough.
I am so much looking forward to the first unboxing video and review.

Pleng said:
God Ginrai said:
Nightwheel said:
Also:
craigix said:
Right, where the fuck are those vapourware twats? I want to punch them in the face.

I think that we should require that everyone who makes a post saying that their Pandora arrived must quote that post. ;) I know I will be. ^_^

-God Ginrai

...Nobody feels that comment was a little premature then, being made nearly 6 months before an actual Pandora might ship to a real customer? Really?

I can see where you're coming from, and depending on how you look at it, (and your "line" at which something becomes not vaporware) it could have been premature.

I was saying that we should quote it when we receive our Pandoras because the quote would be very well placed once people have proved ultimately that it can't possibly be vaporware. (proven by owning it)

-God Ginrai

Last edited by a moderator:
Pleng said:
I quite agree. I don't condone all the hysteria going around with people believing there' nothing that can go wrong to stop Pandora's shipping next week,
It's like Christmas '09 all over again. ("Two Weeks!") Everyone likes Christmas!

God Ginrai said:
Pleng said:
God Ginrai said:
Nightwheel said:
Also:
craigix said:
Right, where the fuck are those vapourware twats? I want to punch them in the face.

I think that we should require that everyone who makes a post saying that their Pandora arrived must quote that post. ;) I know I will be. ^_^

-God Ginrai

...Nobody feels that comment was a little premature then, being made nearly 6 months before an actual Pandora might ship to a real customer? Really?

I can see where you're coming from, and depending on how you look at it, (and your "line" at which something becomes not vaporware) it could have been premature.

I was saying that we should quote it when we receive our Pandoras because the quote would be very well placed once people have proved ultimately that it can't possibly be vaporware. (proven by owning it)
At best, it's a bittersweet irony. ... Unless you neglect to include the date.

Will the Pandora team make a video of the product being assembled?

Every product/gadget seems to get loads of unboxing videos.

Let's break the mould and have a boxing video.

quietbloke said:
Will the Pandora team make a video of the product being assembled?

Every product/gadget seems to get loads of unboxing videos.

Let's break the mould and have a boxing video.

How about they mark the box at the end of the video, and when that package arrives to the customer (s)he makes an unboxing video as a sequel :)

Tweet from CraigIX : For all the people asking about the cases - they are superb. It was worth rejecting all the previous ones. We now have absolute top quality.

That sounds rather good to me, keep the focus on quality and this project will go somewhere.

B-ZaR said:
How about they mark the box at the end of the video, and when that package arrives to the customer (s)he makes an unboxing video as a sequel :)

You guys are weird.

Personally I think all these unboxing videos are pretty ridiculous. Except the Nintendo 64 Kid!

So, don't expect any unboxing nonsense from me. However, I will make lots of videos with all things that the Pandora is capable of.

Wootson said:
Personally I think all these unboxing videos are pretty ridiculous. Except the Nintendo 64 Kid!

So, don't expect any unboxing nonsense from me. However, I will make lots of videos with all things that the Pandora is capable of.

Finally found someone that also thinks unboxing videos are nonsense! They should ban all those idiots for life, with only one way out.. creating a "will it blend video" as well.

Wootson said:

Yeah but he never unboxed it... in the video. Perhaps proof that the box itself is the source of all happiness?

Yeahr, whe have Cases, thats awesome..

Ok: Whe dont need 4000 Unboxing Videos, Real live unboxing is even more impressive, and makes quite more fun..
(and the best thing: as the unboxing is over: you have a fucking awesome super multifunktional opensource linux handheld console, called "openpandora" in your house, this along its it worth) :D

b_o_b said:
Finally found someone that also thinks unboxing videos are nonsense!

I'm a member of this hate group too!

This raises a question: what do box enthusiasts do to excite themselves? Put it in another box? In that case, which is the more exciting box out of the two?

SomeGuy99 said:
This raises a question: what do box enthusiasts do to excite themselves? Put it in another box? In that case, which is the more exciting box out of the two?
I'm not much on boxing, but unboxing the Nook was pretty exciting/pita, as was the palm pre and ipod touch... alot of thought went into those packagings

everything else I've messed with was extremely unexciting.

Mithrildor said:
Craig can we has pics?
Craig still can't read these posts at the moment (unless he has a proxy sorted out now), but i doubt you will have to wait long to see a finished product ;)

Back