Fake Open Pandora

Still not sure how they're going to balance the books from the 450euros to the $166 or whatever they were charging... Seems a bad game plan to me

Well, they might expect to get it for such cheap price... I'm sure any big company producing millions of their product could give such a huge discount.

Yeah, I suppose in bulk, but that's still a significant cut... Are you going to respond?

Wow, there's a turn that I didn't expect!

I'm still uneasy after the post earlier in the thread (I think it was quoted by quartercast) that described someone's experience of the company concerned, so I'm not going to withdraw the warning thread just yet...

WOW, holy crap! Here I was thinking they'd be selling cheap knock-offs... but now it's sounding more like they're trying to be legitimate thru haggling prices. So, when they run into a situation where they can't make the deal, perhaps they send the customer a different product, perhaps?

I can't help but :lol: a bit here. It's probably best not to retract that warning thread. Even if it sounds legitimate now, are we sure that's the same company? And still, that would mean cutting into the profits the OP team definitely deserve.

Last edited by a moderator:
This is one time I think my sense of schadenfreude outweighs my concern about fulfilling pre-orders (possibly because it's becoming more clear that fulfilling all pre-orders is right around the corner, hopefully).

If this guy actually does order 100 Pandoras, I say send them to him ASAP. That's $50'000 in OPTs pocket and 100 Pandoras this guy won't be able to sell. Just make sure the funds clear, really really clear, before sending. ;)

Of course, when this guy finds out he can't get the super awesome deal for 100 he was hoping for, he'll probably cancel anyway. No loss, just some lols :D

So in the end they're an honest company doing business. Their only mistake is not researching OpenPandora before offering up units for sale. I'm sure this business model works for most other (especially Chinese) manufacturers, but not with OP.

So in the end they're an honest company doing business. Their only mistake is not researching OpenPandora before offering up units for sale. I'm sure this business model works for most other (especially Chinese) manufacturers, but not with OP.

Yeah right, there's nothing honest about offering Pandoras you don't have for a ridiculous price.

and I wouldn't call them honest before having seen a product...

Still not sure how they're going to balance the books from the 450euros to the $166 or whatever they were charging... Seems a bad game plan to me

Well, they might expect to get it for such cheap price... I'm sure any big company producing millions of their product could give such a huge discount.

ED: Maybe you can sell them 100 pandoras for $500 each and then buy them back at $168 to make a 200% profit! :)

Last edited by a moderator:

ED: Maybe you can sell them 100 pandoras for $500 each and then buy them back at $168 to make a 66% profit! :)
well, I'dd say we finaly have a perpetual money machine... but recursivity is bad anyway...

ED: Maybe you can sell them 100 pandoras for $500 each and then buy them back at $168 to make a 200% profit! :)
Good idea, you could even offer to deliver them directly to yourself, so they can save shipping costs :D

One reason for buying 100 Pandoras would be Reverse-Engineering. Study how Pandora is made and then buy cheaper parts and redo it. At the end, they got cheap to make Pandora that lasts maybe week or two and can't run software as good as real Pandora but it's almost three times cheaper than real Pandora.

No one buys 100 of something to try to reverse engineer it, just 1 would suffice.

No one buys 100 of something to try to reverse engineer it, just 1 would suffice.

100 people can reverse engineer parts of it independantly like this, so it would be much faster with more units.

Back