'real' Pandora Clone?

Probably something that we'll have no clue about until next week. I'm more interested in why Craig knows about it.

Not talking about the new KS project?

That'll be going live about next week won't it?

Probably not a clone in the sense that it runs the same software, just a similar device, ie handheld with gaming controls and a keyboard, perhaps also a clamshell.

Unless craig has finally found a way to clone evildaragon. Then he could get his clones to do all the work whilst he nonchalantly sips iced coffees.

About time. Just like the tablet concept was waiting for a company like apple to show its real potential.

How are they planning to clone the pandora's battery life with an x86 CPU?

Apparently it's using intels new 10watt cpu & it is the Pandora form factor. Whatever it is.

What new 10W CPU? Haswell? Even N2800 Cedar Trail is only 6.5W. 10W is too much for something Pandora's size.

Apparently it's using intels new 10watt cpu & it is the Pandora form factor. Whatever it is.

What new 10W CPU? Haswell? Even N2800 Cedar Trail is only 6.5W. 10W is too much for something Pandora's size.

10w could have been a mistake from the source, maybe they meant 1w. Maybe it does not even exist.

Last edited by a moderator:
The only ultra-low-powered CPU from Intel that I've heard about recently was some experimental chip, they simply fiddled with the old Pentium design and clocked it down until they reached some level that might be useful for micro controllers, they claimed it could be driven with over 1GHz and a reasonable power consumption as well - nothing really impressive, though.

Z2460?

while it's a pretty bad choice in a phone in my opinion, on a gaming device running on linux it would be just great, i'dd choose that over a pandora anytime just for the pc game support achievable through wine

Back