Emails to remaining preorders.

For those coming here after reading that messy email, I feel obliged to inform that "Super Pandora 2.0" is normally known as 1GHz unit (nobody calls it that "super" name here) and Craig originally started offering them in June:

http://boards.openpa...how-to-get-one/

However, due to some misfortunate events many of those who ordered back then still don't have their units:

http://boards.openpa...rent-situation/

EvilDragon, who runs the production now, is also offering upgrades here:

https://www.dragonbo...ndora-1ghz.html

AFAIK so far everyone who ordered from him directly when they were in stock, got their unit.

That 'messy email' email I sent, as bad as you may perceive it to be, is working very well, it is the same sort of language I used with the iCP2 kickstarter and it works.

Last edited by a moderator:
For those coming here after reading that messy email, I feel obliged to inform that "Super Pandora 2.0" is normally known as 1GHz unit (nobody calls it that "super" name here) and Craig originally started offering them in June:

http://boards.openpa...how-to-get-one/

However, due to some misfortunate events many of those who ordered back then still don't have their units:

http://boards.openpa...rent-situation/

EvilDragon, who runs the production now, is also offering upgrades here:

https://www.dragonbo...ndora-1ghz.html

AFAIK so far everyone who ordered from him directly when they were in stock, got their unit.

That 'messy email' email I sent, as bad as you may perceive it to be, is working very well, it is the same sort of language I used with the iCP2 kickstarter and it works.

Could have at least proofread the subject line. My email's subject was "OpenPanodra" :p

super openpandora 2.0, srsly? No word of excuse? No word on what will happen to those who do not pay again?

That's it then, I won't buy a pandora 2 if you are involved in any way, craig. I am truly sorry for ED that he has to work with you...

Seems like a not proof readed mail. Not very professional. But still, craigix has the icp2 company and other stuff to do. It's not an excuse, maybe just a explanation why the mail has typos. But maybe it would be better to do less stuff with more time, to make things work correctly. Easy to say, when you don't have high debts and 2 companies to run. But maybe a bit better organisation can help to save time and use it for better communication?

super openpandora 2.0, srsly? No word of excuse? No word on what will happen to those who do not pay again?

the name super openpandora 2.0 is clearly just a humorous way of saying an updated version of the pandora, which it is. You can't presume anyone would take the name seriously.

And for the people who don't pay... we'll get our pandoras (rebirth edition). He doesn't know more about when we'll get them because that was the point of the email, to get a handle of what the state of affairs is with the customers and come up with the best plan accordingly. When Craig and ED have got all the replies they are going to get from this email they'll hash out a plan of action and then presumably let us know.

the name super openpandora 2.0 is clearly just a humorous way of saying an updated version of the pandora, which it is. You can't presume anyone would take the name seriously.

And for the people who don't pay... we'll get our pandoras (rebirth edition). He doesn't know more about when we'll get them because that was the point of the email, to get a handle of what the state of affairs is with the customers and come up with the best plan accordingly. When Craig and ED have got all the replies they are going to get from this email they'll hash out a plan of action and then presumably let us know.

We on the forums know all this, but the people receiving the email have no indication that they will still receive pandoras or that there will be a follow-up email.

The difference of course is that the iCP2 is indeed a second iteration, going from the language all over the forums.

Super Pandora 1.5 would be more accurate!

Why does truth-twisting marketing speak work? :(

also, where's my refund?

thanks.

You will wait loooong time. More than usual Three Months

The Second Craig's Account!

Spare ME PLEEASE!!! :D :D :D

p.s. really, how long to wait a refund? I'm just worried about the image and the face of the company Openpandora and further sales of this wonderful device! After all, prospective buyers will read this forum, about what's going on with the commitments

also, where's my refund?

thanks.

You will wait loooong time. More than usual Three Months

p.s. really, how long to wait a refund? I'm just worried about the image and the face of the company Openpandora and further sales of this wonderful device! After all, prospective buyers will read this forum, about what's going on with the commitments

On Sat. it will start 4th month of wait. I suppose to see refund on my PayPal 7 days ago...

On Sat. it will start 4th month of wait. I suppose to see refund on my PayPal 7 days ago...

what a mess.. you trying to tell me "this is trap!?"

No clue. First I was getting emails with a "communication" and those emails, in this case, created strategic delays, but last 3 emails were typical "push refund date" from month to another month.

Summarize that it looks like Craig try persuade to go with an upgrade to get Pandora (quick/at all) or you will be stuck with refund (month to month) or batch-1 Padnora wait time (for eternity and beyond). But anyway strategy is to delay everything :\

When are the 1ghz going to start shipping? Craig promised at the first of November, but has any gone out? I'm que #97...

I guess I overlook spelling errors in the email. The Super-Pandora 2.0 was I would guess a little exaggerating since the 1GHz unit does not have that name attached to it. But maybe that is marketing speak. Its a little hard to determine cost of the board in the email because the quantity is termed as "over 1000 PCBs". If the number is near 1000 and the loss is as indicated, if that is the cost of the main populated PCB without the case, LCD, etc, this might be the bigger problem. If the cost estimate is right, they don't have the income stream to support a product including a warranty reserve. That was more disturbing than some typos and would explain the higher prices today (as well as cost of a more expensive CM). But then, I could be wrong.

The other thing to remember is how this project go funded with people paying for units before the design was done. Kewl idea, but it has its difficulties in understanding pricing and time frames. My son wanted one and I warned him of the chances for delays, etc. He was so sure it would be on time "because these people had done it before". Well, we know the history. It was nice seeing a grass roots design with a community supporting it. However, even for a low volume product (<50k/yr), the logistics involved can be significant.

Look at the good and bad parts of this experience and decide what, if anything you want to do with this project or any one like it. Bashing the guys really doesn't do much but excite the others who are frustrated too.

I've decided not to upgrade because the need is not as great anymore so I can't justify the added expense. Hopefully Craig and Ed can work through this.

dooble

Only got the mail about the "OpenPanodra" this morning, and if he's doing it in alphabetical order he must be just about done. OpenPanodra? Craig should get someone to proof read and review such important mails as this. "Super Pandora 2.0" and all the 'upgraded' parts indeed ... last thing he needs is false advertising issues on top of everything else.

For me I'm kind of sick of android's 'toy linux' and touch-screen tablets too for that matter, so I said yes. With the exchange rate changes since then $350 isn't as much as I started with.

Craig, my comment on "complaining on spelling" from the email was in post #115. I did not check my email directly. Honestly spelling is not my strong suit.

dooble

Back