Drudge Report....

The factory has green lighted them via their tests (ie they built several real pandora consoles) but we still want to do a couple of final tests. There is no delay for us as we don't need the cases for 12 days.

craigix said:
The factory has green lighted them via their tests (ie they built several real pandora consoles) but we still want to do a couple of final tests. There is no delay for us as we don't need the cases for 12 days.

Then I take it December 15th is when the boards (1000?) are all ready? So... thats when final assembly takes place when the boards and cases are put together and shipped after testing? :)

Last edited by a moderator:
awesome.jpg

Some people prefer to donate anonymously, are we going to have the option of not appearing on the top-10 list? Or maybe garble the username a-la ebay.

Great news about the cases.

I really like the idea of the app-store/market/whatever non-infringing thing you end up calling it, but the only problem that I see is one that you pointed out in your example. If Zodttd loads his MAME pnd to this site, he must do it for free, and cannot receive donations for it. There was a big deal made about this before by the MAME team for his iphone MAME app which asked for donations. I am just concerned that by automatically putting devs into the 'receive donations' category you might be putting certain apps at risk due to their licensing.

I like the idea of donations, and auto spare change donations, I'm just concerned about the potential consequences to devs who work on software with restrictive licenses, like MAME. If the MAME team complains and forces the app to be pulled then that hurts everybody who wants to use the app.

How do you plan on getting around this issue?

Phawx said:
Why don't you need the cases for 12 days?

We might need them before if the boards are finished on time.

Good thing it's looking like we will get them (the first 1000) late next week. Fingers crossed.

craigix said:
Phawx said:
Why don't you need the cases for 12 days?

We might need them before if the boards are finished on time.

Good thing it's looking like we will get them (the first 1000) late next week. Fingers crossed.

Do you foresee a big delay between the first 1000 and the rest?

Stupid question probably, but are some going to US customers and some to the other side of the pond? Or are all of the first 1000 shipping from the UK and then some of the rest assembled in the US?

matzesu said:
What about:

Muppen64 plus, Quake 3, Quake 2, supernintendo emo, megadrive emu, zeq2lite, gba gb gbc emu, are they for free?
Well Mupen64plus, Quake 2, ioquake3 are GPL. If you don't want to pay, you can just download the source and compile it yourself. Most of ZodTTD's apps are available this way. Since you don't have to pay, it's a donation.

MAME isn't GPL, so that's a totally different issue.

second exodous said:
This 'unzip zip file here and put roms there or here or edit this file to say your roms are here and then make a save directory here before you play this game' is ridiculous

Wow. Somebody has totally missed the point of the PND format!

Anyway I'm totally in favor of the AppStore style app. As long as it works as a simple interface to a PND downloader, so we dont end up in dependacy hell.

second exodous said:
Stupid question probably, but are some going to US customers and some to the other side of the pond? Or are all of the first 1000 shipping from the UK and then some of the rest assembled in the US?

I presume at least one is being kept in the uk, hand wrapped and delivered to me on my birthday. I can't imagine any other possible outcome.

Pleng said:
second exodous said:
This 'unzip zip file here and put roms there or here or edit this file to say your roms are here and then make a save directory here before you play this game' is ridiculous

Wow. Somebody has totally missed the point of the PND format!
I said that in response to someone wanting to download and install programs from the old File Archive rather than a app store/repository. Did you not read the entire post? It had nothing to do with PND.

Read before you post.

Back